Login

russian armor

Civilization Vi Beyond Earth

14 Aug 2014, 18:21 PM

Hello everyone, Rogers here. Just wanted to let you know that there is an excellent deal on GMG right now that gives you 25% off of your pre purchase of Civ6 Beyond Earth. If you guys would like this discount you can use this code in the basket during purchase. HEA34T-3L03RY-JLXOOR @ http://www.greenmangaming.com/ If you guys want to use my referral code for letting you guys know about this please use this link when purchasing.

Hope you guys enjoy. I for one cannot wait for this game!
_Rogers

NOTE DISCOUNT CODE EXPIRES 8/15/2014!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
14 Aug 2014, 19:28 PM

Looks like starcraft just turned based :D
15 Aug 2014, 07:48 AM
Honorary Member Badge

looks like an interesting game hmm this or galitic civ III hmm
16 Aug 2014, 04:18 AM
Donator 33

Judging by Civ5 this game will be incredible some time around 2017.
16 Aug 2014, 05:05 AM

Hey does anybody here have trouble with 403 forbidden when accessing GMG? I encountered this error 1 week ago and still haven't find any solutions.
17 Aug 2014, 03:09 AM

Not sure Vietnamabc try a different browser maybe?
17 Aug 2014, 14:58 PM

I tried different browser and even a different computer, the problem still persists. Seems like the error comes from GMG:
https://twitter.com/GreenManGaming/status/107123501009354752
https://www.facebook.com/GreenManGaming/posts/10152586081387216
21 Oct 2014, 16:53 PM

THIS GAME IS PRELOADING<>OMFG
21 Oct 2014, 17:42 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Oct 2014, 16:53 PMRogers
THIS GAME IS PRELOADING<>OMFG

Thanks for letting us know, HYPE!
21 Oct 2014, 18:04 PM

Cools, already got it pre-loaded though :)
31 Oct 2014, 03:14 AM

20 hours in w/ 3 playthroughs (2 of them on accelerated pace) here's my review:

As its own game Civ6 is pretty decent, but measured against its predecessor there isn't much reason to upgrade right now. Most of the mechanics are the same with a few being renamed (happiness is now health, social policies are now virtues). The espionage system is pretty cool though I haven't played the fully upgraded Civ5 yet so not sure if much was added there. Quests are like the missions from Total War it gives you a task with a reward at the end except unlike TW there are several active quests at one time and not just one.

The main difference is the affinity system. There are 3 styles, one is like human master race, one is becoming more alien-like species, and one is robotic in nature. Affinity system sounds cool in theory but its not all what you would expect. You do not advance by how play the game (whether you kill aliens or not) but advancement is tied mostly to your technologies with some extra coming from rewards for completing quests. Certain technologies in the web award points towards one of the affinities. You aren't forced to one affinity, you can have points in multiple but your dominant affinity determines your units appearance. It is most rewarding to stick with mostly one affinity though since the combat unit upgrades are based by reaching certain levels in that specific affinity. The basic infantry gets their first affinity upgrade at level 6 or 7. If you split it, your military is going to be weak since you won't be leveling up your troops as fast. But if your spies steal a random technology that comes with another affinity, thats fine. For example I was Purist on my last playthrough and a spy stole a tech with Supremacy points in it, which advanced my Supremacy level and as a result I no longer had to pay upkeep on my roads/rails (because they do give some other bonuses besides unit upgrades). When your unit upgrades they all instantly upgrade on the field in that turn, and there is only 4 levels for most units meaning that each upgrade is more significant than in Civ5. The bottom line is even though the web would make you think "oh cool lots of options" you have to keep working towards getting ones with a common affinity so your army stays relevant as the game progresses. Also the fact that the upgrades are steeper and happen instantly in the field for all of that unit type, wars can change drastically really fast.

I enjoyed the game enough to spend the last 3 days playing the hell out of it, but then I remembered Civ5 was a thing so now I'm reinstalling that. I'm crossing my fingers that the DLC expansions will change how the military tech and affinity system works.

Pros
-Pretty
-Better trade system imo
-Aliens and Miasma (toxic gas) are cool mechanics. Much better than Barbarians.
-Quests
-More tile upgrades

Cons
-Tech web is a jumbled mess and should not be intertwined with your affinities
-No faction unique units
-AI is lame
-Military units upgrade instantly in the field for free :o

Grade: C+

31 Oct 2014, 07:27 AM
Patrion 14

I made the same experience with the tech web. I have no idea what to tech next and what their intention were when they designed it.
They could have done so much more with the aliens, the "city-states", the affinities, the wonders of the world (useless as crap) etcetc.
But i think, just like civ5, beyond earth will grow with its expansions.
31 Oct 2014, 15:56 PM

I love it, I just miss the lack off Unique units and limited affinities/factions.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★