Login

russian armor

Generals ruin the game

15 Aug 2014, 15:02 PM
Coder Red Badge

Any pay-to-play commander that is even marginally usefull WILL give an advantage to a player who purchases it simply by virtue of giving that player more options, thereby making that player less predictable and more difficult to prepare for.

The real question is whether that advantage is a substantial one. At a tournament level, I personally think the advantage it gives is substantial enough to be notable, but Relic has been good about giving players access to everything for tournaments so it's less of an issue, even though preparation with/against those commanders is still problematic because you need to buy them before tournaments if you want to practice them.

But in ladder games? Assuming proper balance, the extra options don't really give a ladder player that great an advantage. There are a million factors that matter more in a ladder game.
15 Aug 2014, 19:29 PM

They were asked to be DLC lol. Relic only made them available in the store because people were asking for them to be available in the store. You can get them by just playing the game by the way, you don't need to buy them.

Heh I think I will be here until CoH3 releases if I waited to unlock even one factions set of commanders through war spoils, hopefully they fix it soon
15 Aug 2014, 21:21 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Aug 2014, 15:02 PMInverse
Any pay-to-play commander that is even marginally usefull WILL give an advantage to a player who purchases it simply by virtue of giving that player more options, thereby making that player less predictable and more difficult to prepare for.

The real question is whether that advantage is a substantial one.

But in ladder games? Assuming proper balance, the extra options don't really give a ladder player that great an advantage. There are a million factors that matter more in a ladder game.

This.

While i suggest we leave the horse rest a bit (the game is far way better now), i´m still surprised by the denial of some people.
It´s not like we see the same Premium commanders being used because they are the most effective ones or they provide better options in comparison to vanilla commanders.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 30
South Africa 1
Russian Federation 60
Germany 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %