Login

russian armor

Fix Luftwaffe Supply Doctrine medial supplies.

14 Aug 2014, 06:29 AM

is this going to be fixed? i have the misfortune of facing it ytd and was handily beaten down by it. it felt so unfair and disheartening to see troops healing while under cons and maxim fire.
14 Aug 2014, 06:42 AM

Good to see people are noticing its ridiculousness now. Initially I was caught off guard by it a few days ago by the two same Ostheer players.

Aside from the fact the boxes provide sight, able to block paths and be virtually indestructible (they can't be manually targeted) and exploding from indirect fire, the AoE heal and accuracy buff from a single box is ridiculous right now for its cost.

I wish I had saved the replay and made a short video, but I think it was just yesterday when a single gren squad, upon picking up a medical box, was able to tank the DPS of 3 USF Rifle squads point blank, not a single model was lost once the boxes were obtained, and you can visibly see the health bar rapidly go up as soon as the box had been picked up.

Funnily enough a .50cal still works just fine and will do large AoE suppression on clumped up grens. People who are "abusing" this will more often than not just blob up their grens in order to maximize the effect of their medical boxes.

e:

found footage of the particular incident I was talking about.
14 Aug 2014, 06:48 AM

Here is a video on it link
14 Aug 2014, 07:21 AM

Ugh that video is really broken. I think they will have to change more than the medic drop, just to prevent problems like this cropping up in the future. I'm talking fixes, not bandaid nerfs.

1) OKW fuel penalty should apply to the picked up crates. Fix for a corner case that should have been thought of in the first place. A flat nerf to the drops would be the completely wrong way to do it.
2) Scavenge artillery needs a upper limit on shells dropped. I know, having it drop ludicrous amounts of hurt is the point but the problem will keep cropping up if it doesn't have a upper limit.
3) Medic drops as discussed above plus fix the explosion bug.
14 Aug 2014, 11:19 AM

Good to see people are noticing its ridiculousness now. Initially I was caught off guard by it a few days ago by the two same Ostheer players.

Aside from the fact the boxes provide sight, able to block paths and be virtually indestructible (they can't be manually targeted) and exploding from indirect fire, the AoE heal and accuracy buff from a single box is ridiculous right now for its cost.

I wish I had saved the replay and made a short video, but I think it was just yesterday when a single gren squad, upon picking up a medical box, was able to tank the DPS of 3 USF Rifle squads point blank, not a single model was lost once the boxes were obtained, and you can visibly see the health bar rapidly go up as soon as the box had been picked up.

Funnily enough a .50cal still works just fine and will do large AoE suppression on clumped up grens. People who are "abusing" this will more often than not just blob up their grens in order to maximize the effect of their medical boxes.

e:

found footage of the particular incident I was talking about.

Except that's not what happened at all

Two full hp squads picked up all 3 boxes, sat in green cover and were both forced off the field after taking heavy damage
14 Aug 2014, 11:28 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Aug 2014, 11:19 AMArclyte

Except that's not what happened at all

Two full hp squads picked up all 3 boxes, sat in green cover and were both forced off the field after taking heavy damage

Meanwhile, they were fighting 3 squads of more durable, more expensive infantry that also had vet and excels at close range distance.

If there were 3 grens or 2 grens and pio, rifles would be shred to pieces.
14 Aug 2014, 11:38 AM

3 squads more expensive squads, with some vet, using semi automatic rifles at close range vs 2 squads using long range bolt action rifles. You can clearly see the results are stupendously good for a 30 ammo drop.

I would like to see someone who thinks this is OK try to replicate these results with abilities such as valiant assault and for mother russia. 2 volks squads with valliant assault vs 2 shock trooper squads, 2 conscript squads with for mother russia in close-mid range vs 11 sturmpio models. With both of these abilities costing 100 ammo instead of 30, the volks and conscripts should tear apart the shock troopers and sturmpios even at hugging distance. But somehow they don't...
14 Aug 2014, 11:54 AM

Why did they change the supply drop in the first place? It was good in the older versions.

This op-ness was in sight with the changes made. It´s similar to the old overpowered Soviet forward HQ. It can´t be capped and the passive aura stacks. Oh, and it blocks roads ultimately for vehicles.
Only Relic postRelic 14 Aug 2014, 15:44 PM
Developer Relic Badge

We are looking to hotfix these issues today, we appreciate your patience.
14 Aug 2014, 16:14 PM
Donator 22

nice thx! It is fixed ;)
14 Aug 2014, 16:35 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

fixed how? Can allies pick the boxes up now?
14 Aug 2014, 16:35 PM

The Luftwaffe Supply Doctrine medical supplies ability is beyond broken. It makes units in a big radius have in-combat healing and buffed stats all for a whopping 10 ammo per crate available at 1cp.

In comparison:
- OKW valiant assault is 100 ammo and comes late. It also does not heal. A mass retreat will render the effects of the ability to a minimum.
- Medpacks, the vet1 Wehrmacht ability, can only heal 1 squad and is close to the cost of 3 crates.
- For mother russia is also 100 ammo, comes late, does not heal, and comes with a 1 minute downtime where the units are weaker.
- Concentrated Fire ability on the Artillery field officer is 25 munitions while a 10 ammo crate does the same + many other benefits.

Seriously, this ability is stupidly powerful. It also stacks so if you pick up 2 or more crates your units get insane combat effectiveness for 20-30 ammo. It's not even funny. For the stats bonus, the sprint and in-combat healing

Proposed changes:
- Keep stats the same, make it 60-75 ammo for one medical drop. This will make it more in-line with Valiant Assault and For Mother Russia. It would make it possible for the enemy to retreat to minimize the impact of the drop, just like with valiant assault and for mother russia.
- Keep it cheap at 10 ammo per crate but remove all bonuses except healing, and make that out-of combat only.

Yes,

THIS COMMANDER is insanly OP. I test it out with a Mate. We will upload Replays soon.
14 Aug 2014, 17:31 PM
Donator 22

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Aug 2014, 16:35 PMRomeo
fixed how? Can allies pick the boxes up now?

yep :)
14 Aug 2014, 17:35 PM
15 Aug 2014, 00:21 AM

RIP medical mines.
15 Aug 2014, 09:41 AM

Well the explosive thing is gone, fine.

But you can still turn your grens into immortal supersoldiers for a lousy 10 muni per crate.

I would be fine with both of the OP's suggested changes.
2 Sep 2014, 12:02 PM

I know this was asked before in the thread but it was never answered. Aside from healing, what are the exact defensive and offensive bounces gained from picking up those medical supplies?
2 Sep 2014, 12:36 PM

... This Commander is incredible strong ...
2 Sep 2014, 17:24 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Sep 2014, 12:02 PMAbdul
I know this was asked before in the thread but it was never answered. Aside from healing, what are the exact defensive and offensive bounces gained from picking up those medical supplies?

I looked it up (10 months ago). Maybe that helps.
http://www.coh2.org/topic/10432/luftwaffe-supply-doctrine/post/103472

I really can't say if the stats I cited back then are still the same. I currently don't have the game files unpacked, so I can't look it up either.
2 Sep 2014, 17:39 PM

It is still way to overpowered.
3 Grens with these medical supplies turn into invulnerable beasts when they drop dem supplies.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★