Login

russian armor

War Spoils – A Quick Update by Relic

11 Aug 2014, 20:23 PM
Senior Editor Badge

http://blogs.companyofheroes.com/2014/08/11/war-spoils-a-quick-update/#more-2010

It’s been a few weeks since our last War Spoils blog post and we wanted to take a moment to provide our community with further updates on the matter.

While we recently added the Western Front Armies Commanders to the steam store and included the WFA Commanders in the Commander Rotation, we remain aware that there is still work to be done on the War Spoils system.

Players will recall that we identified two key areas to improve upon:

Giving duplicate items a purpose and value
Recognizing player contribution, and allowing this to impact the war spoils system

So what have we been doing during this time?

In addition to extensive internal conversations and development regarding changes to the War Spoils system, we have been pulling in a significant amount of data. Most players will have seen the recent in-game survey regarding the War Spoils system, and this survey has proven to be exceptionally valuable in helping us capture feedback from players that do not currently take part in our online forums. These survey results, combined with forum comments and player numbers that our data team have been pulling have helped to paint a very comprehensive story regarding the War Spoils system. We know where we stand, and what’s next.

Using this information, we have been working on some very interesting changes. While we’re not quite ready to reveal the details behind these changes, we did want to let our community know how this situation will progress. Once our developers have implemented feature refinements, we will be surfacing these changes to a small group of players via an Alpha phase. These players will represent a broad cross-section of our community, and will have access to test out the new changes. They will also be able to provide our team with direct feedback on the implemented changes. Once the Alpha phase has ended, we will be reviewing feedback and making final decisions.

Our intention is to avoid putting in a ‘quick fix’ and instead release a well tested and methodically designed update to the system. We are also working to create new content exclusively for the War Spoils system, and will provide further updates on this once more details are available.

Thank you to all of our community members who have shared their thoughts with us regarding the War Spoils system – we’ve seen a lot of fantastic discussion on this subject. We remain dedicated to continually improving the Company of Heroes franchise.
11 Aug 2014, 20:58 PM
Senior Caster Badge

Summary: we gonna change stuff.
11 Aug 2014, 21:05 PM

Soon ;)
11 Aug 2014, 21:09 PM

Im guessing we will know more at gamescom...
11 Aug 2014, 21:16 PM

I'm always excited for a proposed fix.
Vez
11 Aug 2014, 23:31 PM

I hope Relic will integrate a market.
11 Aug 2014, 23:36 PM
Patrion 27

I would much rather see Ostheer get some love than be crafting my 3% bulletins into skins.
12 Aug 2014, 09:14 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Aug 2014, 23:31 PMVez
I hope Relic will integrate a market.

Now THAT would be something! At list allowing bulletins and doctrine exchanges would be nice.
1 of 2 Relic postsRelic 12 Aug 2014, 09:28 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Aug 2014, 21:09 PMkorgoth
Im guessing we will know more at gamescom...

No, we're not at Gamescom to talk about War Spoils.
12 Aug 2014, 17:15 PM

Long story short:

"Yes, we did not released full system, we eventually will finish it."
12 Aug 2014, 17:17 PM

damnit noun. why didnt you just say nothing? then we could complain about how you never tell us anything and how disappointed we are that you didnt talk about war spoils at gamescom.
12 Aug 2014, 17:18 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

2 posts invised - one for disrespectful comments, the other for re-publishing them

Keep this thread very clean please, guys. If you are unsure what I mean,please re-read this guide.

http://www.coh2.org/news/21410/moderation-and-order

No ifs or buts, thanks. :)

Vaz
12 Aug 2014, 17:19 PM

I feel like your trolling, but that is exactly what Relic told us the plan is. CoH2 is not a finished product and not intended to be a finished product. It is like other Saas products that continue to be developed over time and feedback.
12 Aug 2014, 17:42 PM
Patrion 15

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Aug 2014, 09:28 AMNoun

No, we're not at Gamescom to talk about War Spoils.

Ohhhhh sheeeeit. This comment has me hyped
12 Aug 2014, 18:10 PM

Ohhhhh sheeeeit. This comment has me hyped

Expect new TOW dlc and "the thing from few days ago".

I don't really see what more could they show as much as I'd love to see some DoW3 I don't hold any hope.
2 of 2 Relic postsRelic 12 Aug 2014, 18:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Aug 2014, 18:10 PMKatitof

Expect new TOW dlc and "the thing from few days ago".

I don't really see what more could they show as much as I'd love to see some DoW3 I don't hold any hope.

If it was related to DoW we'd be promoting it through DoW's social channels. Sorry.
12 Aug 2014, 18:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Aug 2014, 18:14 PMNoun

If it was related to DoW we'd be promoting it through DoW's social channels. Sorry.

Meh, forgot they still exist.
That leaves new ToW and the other thing we've accidentally showed to some of us already.

Emphasis on the other thing.
12 Aug 2014, 20:25 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Aug 2014, 18:31 PMKatitof

Meh, forgot they still exist.
That leaves new ToW and the other thing we've accidentally showed to some of us already.

Emphasis on the other thing.

I think that's enough poking and prodding about that "other thing" Katitof.

Nah, keep on going. :D

ToW for the Western Front would be nice, though I'm sure there's more pressing issues.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★