Login

russian armor

The ready aim time of the Raketenwerfer 43 Püppchen

10 Aug 2014, 07:34 AM

The Racketenwerfer 43 needs to much time to shoot its first shot. If you compare the aim times of the Racketenwerfer with all the other at guns its up to 8 times inferior to every other AT gun. I think it needs a buff so that you can rely on the Püppchen.
10 Aug 2014, 07:42 AM

This is a big problem vs WC51 and other early game faster units. Late game against tanks it isn't as bad but should be looked at.
10 Aug 2014, 08:21 AM

Sorry for off topic but I don't understand why everyone writes "Racketenwerfer" with "CK". It's "Raketenwerfer". You did it right in your headline but then you did it wrong in the text.
Sorry I know I am German and it's a hard language but this is by far the mistake that bothers me the most because so many players do it :/

To the topic:
I think you are right. Against a fast Dodge/M3 a Raketenwerfer is a must have. But it's range is so small and it's radius is also very thin. So if a dodge drives through it's line of sight it won't be able to shoot because it needs too much time.
Very frustrating. It seems like Relic wants the Raketenwerfer to be a more static unit (to be garrisoned in buildings) but it's the only counter to the early vehicle spam.
10 Aug 2014, 09:58 AM

I agree, it is already hard enough to get a Raketenwerfer into range, it should at least start to fire in reasonable time once it is there. Currently you are lucky if you even get one shot off before the enemy drives away, and that one tends to just hit the ground...
10 Aug 2014, 12:38 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Aug 2014, 09:58 AMgokkel
Currently you are lucky if you even get one shot off before the enemy drives away

Or worse drives behind it, kills it fast as f*** an recrews it.
Good luck getting a PaK out of a building as OKW.
20 Aug 2014, 23:52 PM

I'd be happy if it stopped hitting the ground every other shot.
21 Aug 2014, 06:20 AM
Donator 11

I'd be happy if it stopped hitting the ground every other shot.

Yeah, I think thats the major problem.

If you manage to put that thing in range, you shouldnt be punished by watching it shooting circles around the target. I also think it need a slight accuracy buff.
21 Aug 2014, 06:24 AM

All I know is that every time I steal one as Soviets it outperforms a ZIS by a mile. The penetration and range of it is amazing.
21 Aug 2014, 06:31 AM

Fuck yeah! I'm glad someone brings this into discution. Not only it has a ridiculous range, but it aims forever before shooting. I think a shorter aiming time won't hurt at all.
21 Aug 2014, 07:03 AM
Honorary Member Badge

All I know is that every time I steal one as Soviets it outperforms a ZIS by a mile. The penetration and range of it is amazing.

It has exactly the same penetration at point blank, and worse range until Vet 4- and because of the lower range, it has higher penetration falloff at a distance too. It's probably more effective in Soviet hands because of the 6 man crew, which coupled with the ability to retreat would make it near immune to losing veterancy. Same reason why a soviet pak 40 is so incredibly good, or really any german team weapon in soviet hands.

For those looking for numbers regarding the Rak's ready aim time, it's 1 to 1.5 seconds minimum and maximum respectively. Fire aim time min is 1 second, fire aim time maximum is 1.25 seconds. All the above values are 0.125 seconds for every other AT gun. the Rak also has a set-up time of 0.75 seconds while all other AT guns have no set-up time at all... though I'm not sure how that directly translates ingame.
21 Aug 2014, 18:32 PM

It really should have a little lower aim time. To keep the rate of fire the same just increase the reload.
21 Aug 2014, 19:05 PM

It really should have a little lower aim time. To keep the rate of fire the same just increase the reload.

seems like the issue is ready aim, not fire aim. modifying ready aim wouldnt increase rate of fire, only the time before the first shot.

as for the set up time, it seems to be set to false, so that shouldnt have any impact
21 Aug 2014, 20:14 PM

I was wondering what stat it was that was messing up the Rak and why although it has alot going for it mine always seem to be lackluster.

Thank you thread...thank you.
21 Aug 2014, 21:22 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Modifying ready aim would make the Puppchen a bit more reliable early game, specially against M3/Dodge/HT.

22 Aug 2014, 17:41 PM

+1

Puppchen takes too long to fire first shot.
22 Aug 2014, 18:13 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Sorry for off topic but I don't understand why everyone writes "Racketenwerfer" with "CK". It's "Raketenwerfer". You did it right in your headline but then you did it wrong in the text.

A man after my own heart :)

Sorry I know I am German
You're being too nice

and it's a hard language but this is by far the mistake that bothers me the most because so many players do it :/

Even harder: Wandering dogs are liable to be shot: is that "Umlaufenden Hunder erschossen werden werden" or "Umlaufenden Hunder werden erschossen werden"? I simply cannot remember

(In my own language, I shudder when I read "Riffles" or worse, "versing").

Back to topic :)
22 Aug 2014, 18:41 PM

The long ready aim time is indeed unpleasant.

Even harder: Wandering dogs are liable to be shot: is that "Umlaufenden Hunder erschossen werden werden" or "Umlaufenden Hunder werden erschossen werden"? I simply cannot remember

Neither. It's "Umherlaufende Hunde werden erschossen".
22 Aug 2014, 18:45 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

The long ready aim time is indeed unpleasant.

Neither. It's "Umherlaufende Hunde werden erschossen".

Ah thanks! :) I thought there was a second "werden" -- from a camp site on the Bodensee...some years ago
22 Aug 2014, 23:52 PM
Donator 11

I concur, it takes too long to fire the first shot thus making it almost completely ineffective vs fast vehicles.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★