Login

russian armor

Stomach Battalion is recruting!

9 Aug 2014, 22:04 PM
Donator 22

Stomach Battalion is a home for gamers of all skill levels who are relative "old farts" compared to your average 16-24 year old. We're open to players 25 years old and up who are looking for a fun/social place to hang out and enjoy fun laid back games in addition to more competitive players who are interested in advancing their skills and competing in tournaments.

Stomach Battalion is recruiting!!!

Hello everyone!

My name is Stan (Mortar) here to let you know we are looking for a few good gamers! Stomach Battalion is a very laid back group of guys many older (age range from 25 to 60+!) with the majority of us working blokes who play games for fun mostly. That's not to say we don't have some very skilled players...we certainly do. But our most important and really only qualification (aside from being 25 or older) for joining is to have fun and not take this stuff too seriously....except for our lawns. You better stay off our LAWNS! :)

Our clan is 7+ years old now and was founded when the original Company of Heroes game was created. And yes, we have quite a few members still with us from that time as well as dozens more that have joined over the years! We love CoH and its follow up and play it daily in our clan teamspeak channel but also have players who have interest in a variety of games.

We are also active! We are the 3rd most active clan for posting in THE ENTIRE GR.ORG SITE with over 53,000 posts on over 3,700 topics since 2007.

Check us out! We'd love to hear from you. We're always on the lookout for "More old farts for the Stomach Battalion!"

Anyone interested in our clan should post it here or in our other clan forum on Gamereplays.org.

Link here: http://www.gamereplays.org/community/index.php?showforum=1773

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Stan (Mortar)

10 Aug 2014, 16:35 PM
Donator 22

10 Aug 2014, 17:38 PM

Hey stan -- pop me in :)
10 Aug 2014, 18:10 PM
Donator 22

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Aug 2014, 17:38 PMsimjon
Hey stan -- pop me in :)

You bet! Good to see you sir! Pop in Teamspeak when you get a chance.
10 Aug 2014, 18:44 PM

Sim, you were never out :)
15 Aug 2014, 16:26 PM

Just a quick update:

2 new potential recruits so far: Pork Chop and jthompson333

So for all you oldies out there where the 80's were a 'golden era' and not just something your dad talks about - then drop us a line :)

PS. Lawns are sacrosanct and I seem to have a bit of clover developing on mine. Time to bring out the 88 :)
15 Aug 2014, 17:27 PM

hummmm ... I own a house ... 2 vehicles ... have a wife and 3 boys.
I take 20mg of Lipitor every night since turn 43 and yet I still fondly remember the days of playing Duck Shoot on my Vic 20.
I may have to check out this Stomach Battalion you speak of.
15 Aug 2014, 20:27 PM
Donator 22

hummmm ... I own a house ... 2 vehicles ... have a wife and 3 boys.
I take 20mg of Lipitor every night since turn 43 and yet I still fondly remember the days of playing Duck Shoot on my Vic 20.
I may have to check out this Stomach Battalion you speak of.

Let us know. We have may Stomach issues, but our lawns are immaculate.

Link to application thread:

http://www.gamereplays.org/community/index.php?s=0adbe51e562eba3f04cbc113b5ba61ca&showtopic=238936

Also, we encourage all applicants to join us on Teamspeak while in the clan application process. If interested in this, contact salandtwig for the TS details.
19 Aug 2014, 13:43 PM

Looks like you guys are fully migrating to CoH2.org...

I'm interested in joining the clan so I can start playing with the same people more often.

I'm 28 years old (29 in 2 months) and play/watch CoH2 just about every day. I work from home, so a lot of this is done 9a-5p EST, but I also play evenings.

I am a very good player, but have weakness in exploring alternative strategies and sloppy multi-tasking (looking for help with this). I play mostly German or American and have played only WF since its release. I am Prestige level 1.

Please PM me the Teamspeak info and I will join ASAP and look forward to a game soon.

Thanks,
Ryan (rwogh)
19 Aug 2014, 19:15 PM

Ryan,

nice to have a new PR - TS details sent, just jump on whenever :)
20 Aug 2014, 18:18 PM

Nice another East Coast US player!
20 Aug 2014, 19:21 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Welcome to the board, Keith Mallory :)
21 Aug 2014, 13:22 PM

Thanks! I remember you from GR.org.
22 Aug 2014, 11:20 AM

So I thought I would give you all a quick update - in case anyone is considering getting this.

My two pennies - for what its worth:

COH2 is very similar (imo) to vCoH, units are very similar teching sort of similar (faction dependant) and cover, rock paper scissors etc all the same.

The main difference and variety in the game is the doctrines (Commanders) lots to get and choose from to match scenario, map or playstyle. Some are better (imo) for 1 v1 / 2 v2 (like luft for OKW), but in 4 v 4 then maybe breakthrough for OKW (gets the Jagd which you can never tech to in 1 v1 / 2 v 2 (well I cant).

My favourite faction is OKW - I am better with inf and it reminds me of PE - am starting to learn the others now.

OberKommando West - very powerful infantry early and late, paucity of good vehicles - fuel an issue, late game strong - if you can last that long. Doctrines generally favour its infantry (5 out of the 6).

Wehrmacht (Ostheer) - very similar to vCoH (snipers, mortars, grens etc), Tier 4 seems a bit week - relies on Doctrine Heavy Tanks for late game. Lots of interesting Doctrines

Russians - Very weak infantry (but lots of, that don't scale), Shocks or Guards are meh (Doctrinal), seems to get tanks really quick (and lots of). Doctrinal Heavy Tanks can compete with Axis Heavy Tanks. Lots and Lots of Doctrines.

US Forces - although blobbing works for everyone, its pretty much the only thing the US can do, blob inf, blob tanks and win before the Axis can get the heavy stuff out. I am actually starting to enjoy this - I don't like blobbing so I have been trying to converge from different directions and it seems to work (ish).

In summary, Axis tend to win v eraly game, then allies come back in early game and mid, they then either finish it before it hits late when the axis get their big stuff and start to win.

I am now playing most nights and really having fun. I will also post this in CoH2.org
22 Aug 2014, 22:17 PM
Donator 22

Agreed with everything Maj says here. A couple of things to add...

1. Soviets also have incredibly strong Artillery with Katyushas and their Zis-3 76mm AT guns can also bombard like a Mortar. In addition, Doctrinal abilities like Heavy Mortars and on map like the B4 200mm and ML 120 152mm Howitzers.

2. Almost all units in every faction gain abilities as they vet up.

For example...the OKW Puma gets the ability to use a "Turret Lock" aiming ability at Vet 1. When used, it strikes the enemy tank and "Locks" its turret up. This gives you even more incentive to keep units alive...they are not only better at what they do, they also get abilities a just produced unit doesn't have.

3. Commanders. In the old CoH, there were only 3 per faction. In CoH2, there are as many as 20 Commanders per faction with more being added all the time.

I have decided Coh2 is now better than the original. I did not think this when the game first came out. It is TOTALLY different and what it should have been on launch. If my recommendation means anything and you liked the original Coh, I suggest giving it a whirl. :thumbsup:
22 Aug 2014, 23:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Aug 2014, 22:17 PMMortar
Agreed with everything Maj says here. A couple of things to add...

I have decided Coh2 is now better than the original. I did not think this when the game first came out. It is TOTALLY different and what it should have been on launch. If my recommendation means anything and you liked the original Coh, I suggest giving it a whirl. :thumbsup:

Agreed! Well said. Things are more stream lined and make better sense than vCoH. And its current state is much better than when I played in the closed beta.
31 Aug 2014, 18:34 PM
Donator 22

17 Oct 2014, 05:23 AM
Donator 22

Just a quick bump to invite those who are interested to reply here. We have a very active 10-12 person core group within SB who plays daily.

Let us know!
21 Oct 2014, 19:41 PM

Hey, just started a few weeks back. A casual player, mind if I join you guys?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★