Login

russian armor

CoH Stats v2

PAGES (7)down
14 Jun 2013, 19:56 PM

I may not be posting here every time there is an update, but I have been updating the stats every day or at least when there has been an update. Let me know if I break anything :)
14 Jun 2013, 20:21 PM

Nice work man, I'm using your site often. Keep it commin' :)
27 Jun 2013, 06:11 AM

Is someone still updating this site ?
27 Jun 2013, 06:50 AM

maybe at some point i'll continue to write my program to grab the stats files (it should not be TOO hard to write a simplified "combat simulator" that could calculate a simple form of battle as in conscripts using hit the dirt in yellow cover from 30 range vs. grenadiers in green cover with vet 1 or something similar), but at the moment i can't be bothered to... basically haven't done any work on it since beta stress test.

as for darkblades site, dunno how accurate that one is atm.
27 Jun 2013, 06:54 AM

Please update it :(
27 Jun 2013, 07:00 AM

Permanently Banned
Please update as often as you can.

Due to the lack of coherent patch note updates from Relic, the community is relying on the stats you can produce in order to intelligently and concretely discuss balance as well as formulate strategies.

We are counting on you! The effort will be much appreciated!
4 Jul 2013, 15:44 PM

I have just updated the site, sorry for the long absence. Prima Games have bought the code off me so they will be taking the site down and implementing it into their strategy guide. When the eGuide is released the site will be taken down.
4 Jul 2013, 15:48 PM

Wait wait, what does that mean? Does that mean that I have to buy one of those shitty guides so I can look up the unit stats?
4 Jul 2013, 16:25 PM

Maybe someone will post an alternative?
4 Jul 2013, 16:39 PM

Quick! Grab the data! :P
4 Jul 2013, 17:19 PM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

It is indeed sad to know.
4 Jul 2013, 17:22 PM

Huh, seriously?

Well, if someone wanted to buy the code off me, I might also had given it away, dunno. I guess the offer was worth it.

Puuuh, since I am software developer and working in the web business, I thought several times about doing a stats site myself as service for all interessted as well as a personal reference.

I actually have some ideas in my mind and I also know some things about the stats and mechanics of CoH but I just don't know where to take the time. Knowing that you will close the site soon at least would mean reason to get started maybe.

Got a few days off this month, let's see how it goes.

Regards
ace
4 Jul 2013, 17:41 PM

Quick! Grab the data! :P

If I only knew how :(
I'd just use it for own use anyways though.

Well, Thanks @Darkblade for keeping it up for so long!

Ace that would be awesome! Maybe I could somehow help? I don't have any coding experience or anything like that though :/
4 Jul 2013, 18:12 PM

If I only knew how :(
I'd just use it for own use anyways though.

curl -o --create-dirs <local_file> http://coh-moderncombat.com/CoH2Stats/
Seb
4 Jul 2013, 18:30 PM
Admin Black Badge

If we really need I know exactly how to extract the data from the game files, and how to make it updated after each patch. I could also imagine making diff to see actual changes at patch (changes listed but also not listed in official patch notes).

Now since coh2stats existed already I didn't bother. But if there's no similar offer anymore I might consider spending the time to bring it here. I don't really planned/want to focus on that and would rather improve the site other ways, and there's probably a lot of other dev out there who could do it too. But yeah if we really need to I can do it. Or if someone else wants to and doesn't want to look for an hoster or just want to do the extraction part from game files and not the website presentation part we could give a hand and host it here.
4 Jul 2013, 18:31 PM

FYI: You can't just take my site and rehost, they own the IP now, that would breach copyright.
4 Jul 2013, 18:34 PM

Yeh I know. But it's the quickest way of getting the data. I wasn't really going to do it, was only messing about. You may as well get it from the horse's mouth so to speak (i.e. the game files).

Seb, I'd be willing to have a go. My coding skills are not bad, but something like this is ideal, as it has couples the learning with the interest in the subject - if we could still host it here :)
Seb
4 Jul 2013, 20:03 PM
Admin Black Badge

If anyone wants to help hosting it here (with a lot of cool features possibly added later, such as diff), I would make the following plan. Feel free to use the knowledge if you want to host it somewhere else too. Maybe just at least tell us so we don't make double the work for the same goal.

The ultimate goal would be to have an application usable in command line on windows taking in input the game attributes folder with all the files and our dabatase login and as output inserting the data in our database. Sharing the code with us (as open source or not) would be optimal so we can keep maintaining it in case original dev would leave or give up, but is not a requirement.

It could be an option to run it on linux instead but then I'd need to manually transfer every time the data (around 100mb) from my comp to our server since I don't think the game can be installed there.

I have yet to define the database structure to hold that data as I would like to, but the parsing job can be started already. I also might not want to insert directly to database but instead going through a page filtering out the data and possibly making some pre-work such as archiving old data or publishing a diff.

Here's the required info :

The data is on "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Company of Heroes 2\CoH2\Archives\AttribArchive.sga"

The sga archive can be extracted using cc2sga.exe which can be found there : http://forums.relicnews.com/showthread.php?270246-TOOL-CoH2-SGA-Extractor-v-1-1-02-04-13

Extracted files all have the rgd format which sucks. But fortunately cope is a beast and also made rgdConv.exe which can be found there : http://forums.relicnews.com/showthread.php?270284-TOOL-CoH2-RGD-Tools-%28XML-TXT-JSON%29-RGD-Crawler-Hashing-Tools-v1-2-22-04-13

There you end up with a lot of folders and files, and those would be the input of the application to make.

Now to generate the output you need to browse those files to get the required info. The tools above allow to output as json, xml, txt. It doesn't matter to me which one you decide to work from.

The main difficulty of the job is to define which files are to read or not, and if/how to link them together.

I can give an example for german grenadier.

You need to know it is into ebps\races\german\soldiers\grenadiers\grenadiers_mp.json
There you can find everything about the gren. We might not want to display everything on the site because it wouldn't be very userfriendly or even useful.

You can relate to the current page while you can if that helps you : http://coh-moderncombat.com/CoH2Stats/Axis/Soldiers/grenadiers.html

First array of the file contains the abilities grenadier_panzerfaust_mp, grenadier_rifle_grenade_ability_mp, etc

Basically you can find all the info on the file, it just needs to be defined what is where. It is probably a good idea to list here, as a post, what info we want to grab and to what they correspond on the file. This is not even coding work yet, just giving name to elements, and sorting them out.

Then, after it's done for the grenadier, it must obviously be done for all other units. And for every used reference.

To take the example again, we're going to list grenadier_panzerfaust_mp on the grenadier's page as ability. So we need to show its info and have a dedicated page for it. We need to know/figure out the info is on "abilities\german\modal_ability\accessory_weapons\grenadier_panzerfaust_mp.json"

There we can find info such as cost.

Then we also need to know about "slot_item\german\ballistic_weapon\infantry_at_weapon\grenadier_panzerfaust_mp.json" which is telling us the actual weapon is "weapon\axis\ballistic_weapon\infantry_anti_tank_weapon\panzerfaust_atw_mp.json" so we can actually see the damage it would do (80 as it is now), deflection dmg 0, penetration would be 1000 if I read this right, how it is fired, etc.

In summary 80% of the work is figuring out what and where is everything and what we actually want to display (current coh2stats site is missing a lot of interesting information, for example criticals). Being able to use ctrl+f either for filename and file content across multiple files at once is a must. Some of it could or not be scripted. Then there's 10% to actually write the parser, and 10% to write the conversion to whatever format I'll decide (mostly either sql or http request). And then it's on us to render that info properly on the site from our database.
Seb
4 Jul 2013, 20:26 PM
Admin Black Badge

Note : as said in the first posts of this topic, there might be already existing tools to partially or fully extract and/or transform and or render data from either json or xml.

cr4wler has said to be working on a stats grabber already too.

I think we just need to use this thread to communicate about it, and see what everyone actually wants to do or has done already.
4 Jul 2013, 20:31 PM

Right. I will have a look at this; and a think. It may take a while :)

I'm happy either way, linux or windows. Prefer linux, as the shell scripting is so powerful; but there will be windows stuff that will do the same. I only really use osx or linux for that ind of thing, and my windiz machine is games only. Totally down with code sharing.

Still, interesting project :)
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight