Login

russian armor

CoH Stats v2

PAGES (7)down
17 Apr 2013, 08:54 AM

Yes I know, will be updating the server files today :)
17 Apr 2013, 09:52 AM

One question:
I always had the assumption that side armor was lower than front armor for most of the tanks. Of course not as weak as rear armor. I even think that there was some official statement where that was mentioned although I could be wrong.
The data mentions only Main Armor and Rear Armor now.

Does this mean:
A) There is no difference between a shot to the front and a shot to the side?
B) Armor is the same but there are some other differences?
Example would be lower profile from front, meaning better chance to hit from the side?
C) There is a difference but it is not in game data.
17 Apr 2013, 10:09 AM

One question:
I always had the assumption that side armor was lower than front armor for most of the tanks. Of course not as weak as rear armor. I even think that there was some official statement where that was mentioned although I could be wrong.
The data mentions only Main Armor and Rear Armor now.

Does this mean:
A) There is no difference between a shot to the front and a shot to the side?
B) Armor is the same but there are some other differences?
Example would be lower profile from front, meaning better chance to hit from the side?
C) There is a difference but it is not in game data.

If the system is the same as with CoH1, which I believe it is, then there are only two armor values. Front and Rear armor. The cut of point is usally designated at around half the unit, so shooting from the side can sometimes score a 'rear armor hit'. Which is obviously beneficial.

In CoH1 there used to be Penetration depending on the range of the target, but in CoH2 this has been taken away. So no matter how close or how far your unit is it will always deal the same penetration (do keep in mind that accuracy suffers though).

As according do your statement in B). The Essence Engine calculates the hit box literally as a Box. So it doesn't matter what the tank actually looks like. The projectile will always hit a box proxy.
17 Apr 2013, 10:40 AM

Thx for the first part, I did not know that
second part:

As according do your statement in B). The Essence Engine calculates the hit box literally as a Box. So it doesn't matter what the tank actually looks like. The projectile will always hit a box proxy.

I think I understand the concept of Hit Boxes. This basically means that the exact shape of the tank has no influence. But what could be the case is that hit Boxes have different sizes and different angles of hitting the hit box would mean greater % chance to hit.

In this example A could be an Pz4 while B would be a tiger tank. C is just an example that the actual polygones of the 3D model are not calculated for firing mechanics (would be way to ressource demanding).

But the Hit boxes could have different sizes, so the Tiger tank is easier to hit. The target size in your data sheets would then measure the actual size of the hit box.
And as shown in Example D the hit Box positioning could make a difference.

Unless of course to Hit calculations are completely seperate from the 3D engine only checking for cover and placing an additional variable in the ToHitChance calculation.
17 Apr 2013, 11:59 AM

Stats updated to latest version v3.0.0.8752

@CyberianK yes you are exactly right. The hit box is only important for scatter shots. So with a massive vehicle such as the tiger, even with a missed shot and scatter there is a chance that the stray shot may hit part of the Tiger's hitbox and score a hit.
18 Apr 2013, 12:55 PM

Veterancy is now online!

Note, not a single unit has anything for vet1, which is really strange but that is how it is ingame.

Check out the updates!
http://coh-moderncombat.com/CoH2Stats/
18 Apr 2013, 13:16 PM

Veterancy is now online!
Note, not a single unit has anything for vet1, which is really strange but that is how it is ingame.

Thats because LVL1 always gives the new ability and LVLs 2-3 give stats. Maybe you could link the ability the units get there. MFor most axis infantry for example it is the "mark target" ability.
18 Apr 2013, 13:32 PM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

Where do you see veterancy on that website? :o
18 Apr 2013, 14:20 PM

Just press any soldier or tank and there will be a button for vet right under their weapons.

Ah, there is no mention of it in the upgrade, so I guess its a requirement of the ability. Yes I know I will try to link it, but I can just imagine coding these abilities and upgrades to be a clusterfuck
20 Apr 2013, 12:21 PM

Some big improvements with the site so far. I have now added the small info box for the abilities and upgrades of squads, so you will be able to see some brief information on the cost and duration/build_time. I have yet to link the UCS files for the description of the effect of the ability/upgrade, but hope to do that in the near future.

Furthermore I would like to thank Simika from GameReplays.org for pointing out that the accuracy for weapons was loading incorrectly, so this has now been fixed. There has also been the inclusion of "Non Moving Setup = true/false" to the weapon files. So now you can check if the weapon can be fired on the move. 

Starting to shift over from using .xml files for loading content to .json files, with the help of the user roflmao over at RelicNews forums. What this means for you is faster loading times! Yet this will probably take a while to complete.
20 Apr 2013, 13:01 PM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

SU-85 veterancy is not shown on the website, you think you can implement it?
20 Apr 2013, 13:23 PM

SU-85 veterancy is not shown on the website, you think you can implement it?

There are a couple of units that need custom coding since they have an irregular template. I hope to eliminate this with the use of the JSON template instead.

There are a few others that also have issues such as the KV8, sdkfz_222, and some of the trucks.

UPDATE:
For me the SU-85 veterancy shows, maybe clear your cache?

Also I have put in placeholder images for the abilities and upgrades.
27 May 2013, 16:45 PM

Completely revamped the way stats are loaded by using a smaller compressed version of JSON instead of the big XML files. So now the stat files take up only a small total of 12 MB instead of the big 108 MB. Thus you will see a large improvement in loading times. The abilities and upgrades are loaded "on the fly" now so this helps as well. I have also updated the stats with the new Beta Stress Test version of the game (v3.0.0.9154).

I have rewritten the way that stats are loaded to a unified way so that there will not be inconsistencies with the stats, as you may have noticed some units may have had some elements missing. I have also changed the way that the weapon stats are loaded so that the full list is loaded and any empty hardpoints/weapons are removed from the list. You will notice some vehicles have more than 4 weapons to their disposal. I will be working towards adding some game mechanics next.
27 May 2013, 17:13 PM
27 May 2013, 19:54 PM

Where can i find the damage?
30 May 2013, 00:52 AM

hey Darkbladecr, this is really awesome! i'm watching your site everyday :)

but, i can't understand any stats. like 'retreat motifier'. what's mean this?

almost soviet infantry has -1 point.

almost german infantry has 0.5 point.

hm... is one of two faction has 'Penalty in retreat'???

is '-1 point' mean negative effect in retreat??

sorry, i can't speak english well. so i can't explain to you well...

but i want your answer... plz... :(...
30 May 2013, 01:49 AM

That field is grabbing info from the wrong line I believe

They both receive 0.5x Received Accuracy modifiers, but in the Soviet Infantry pages on the website I believe it's displaying the Capture_enable_squad_modifier which is a -1 value.

There's no difference in Retreat bonuses from what I can see.
30 May 2013, 01:56 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 May 2013, 01:49 AMKolaris
That field is grabbing info from the wrong line I believe

They both receive 0.5x Received Accuracy modifiers, but in the Soviet Infantry pages on the website I believe it's displaying the Capture_enable_squad_modifier which is a -1 value.

There's no difference in Retreat bonuses from what I can see.

oh.. really thx!!

i was think,

STALLIN : DO NOT RETREAT! OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH

so soviet unit has penalty in retreat...

but it was just mistake :)
30 May 2013, 02:15 AM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

Kolaris, could you please tell me what are exactly the effects of activating Ooorah! Conscripts ability?
30 May 2013, 14:55 PM

From what I can see it's strictly +1 Move Speed. It's basically PE Panzer Grenadier Sprint.

Taken from the files from the last Closed Beta patch, it might have changed but I doubt it
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS