Login

russian armor

Sugestion / Clarification on rant posts

• This thread is locked
7 Aug 2014, 13:56 PM

Hello all,

I've noticed a trend recently on stricter surveillance from the forum moderators, which I think is a nice idea to keep the good mood of the forum going, with civilized relationships.

But I am aware that people sometimes get passion-driven, and considering a game that could be lost because a minor detail, I myself sometimes find it difficult to not curse. I am not the kind that goes online to rant, but I think it's a matter of personality, and sometimes the venting actually gives new insights (usually to people that are commenting on the rant).

It's irritating how frequently, however, the rant goes on gameplay or balance foruns. It seems about right, but they're the places of calm consideration (ideally).

Considering the frequent monitoring, I'd like to propose a CoH2 Rant Forum (maybe a Scrapyard subforum), with a special feature "all matters of cursing allowed". I know it could become THE most trolling/countertrolling forum of the site, and surely it'd add to the eventual fun we have watching the misery of others. Moderators would have a nice place to put all those posts that otherwise get locked. Hell, it could even become the best bragging place eva.

Thanks,
Pedro
7 Aug 2014, 14:45 PM
Senior Caster Badge

Saying fuck is okay, saying fuck you is not okay. Unless you're saying fuck you to yourself, or someone who isn't actually here or alive and who is asking for it, like Hitler or Mother Teresa or whatever. Don't be a jerk to anyone.
7 Aug 2014, 15:00 PM

I'll behave, Pedro promises. Aside for the courtesy explanation, what about the idea?

OBS: I think sending fucks to people who can't defend themselves, like Hitler or Mother Teresa, is not a good habit. Hitler, after all, was a good painter and loved dogs. Mother Teresa, people say, could be such a bitch. We don't know, that's the point.
7 Aug 2014, 18:15 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Hi Pedro :)

If I understand the proposition correctly, the idea would be to construct a "Death or Glory" sink hole, where "hot posts" consisting of flaming etc would be banished, with posters allowed to carry on 'sparring' with no holds barred, unmoderated, visible only to board members with probably a certain amount of posts to their credit?

It is an idea which suits the conspiracy theorists, who will, for instance, argue till the cows come home, that 9/11 was a government conspiracy, or that Israeli camera crews knew of the impending attack, or that guided missiles hit the Pentagon, not a plane, or that one of the smaller WTC buildings was deliberately blown up etc ad inifinitum

Please let me tell you why I would not support this: it is more applicable to political message boards, where the concept of 'free speech'(sic)is regarded as sacrosanct, so posts should never be invised etc on pain of virtual death.

But! This is not a political message board. So, nicely, all your proposal would do is to make posters less disciplined, on the basis they would could carry on in a spirited fashion and then, if their thread was sent to the sin bin, unmoderated, well so what, just carry on in the same fashion......and ofc, when they reemerge from said sin bin, they are even more confident, falsely opinionated, and difficult to handle. And so threads become more and more undisciplined as posters care less and less about the consequences of writing poor posts.

This way lies anarchy.

Moving on.....

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight