Login

russian armor

Countering pure Con spam

25 Aug 2014, 18:21 PM

As OKW, get some elite infantry obersoldaten, panzerfusiliers or falshirmjagers and obliterate the conscripts.

As wehrmacht, a well microed (I repeat, well microed, the usual a-move does not work here because you will get at naded to death) 222 scout car completely drains conscript spam.
27 Aug 2014, 00:54 AM

For anyone that's interested, this replay illustrates the Soviet Con Spam/No Tech/T34-85 call in strategy that I was talking about.

If not for some carelessness with his first couple T34-85's, the Soviet player would have won this much more easily.

If you'd rather see it casted by atr, you can watch it here.

27 Aug 2014, 16:46 PM

Rush a Luchs, use MGs to fend until you can get one out. Fallschms also own inf.
28 Aug 2014, 02:56 AM

Rush a Luchs, use MGs to fend until you can get one out. Fallschms also own inf.

Luchs is rendered useless by AT nades with this strat.
29 Aug 2014, 11:09 AM

Luchs is rendered useless by AT nades with this strat.

Ok, then rush obersoldaten. Use mgs and fallschims. Problem solved.

Oh and by Luchs rush I mean get at least 3 of them and then watch carnage unfold. These tanks are cheap and really powerful if used correctly.
29 Aug 2014, 11:11 AM

Also most likely you just got out-played. It happens.
29 Aug 2014, 19:44 PM

I can't speak for countering it, since I've not played against it, but in my few games so far it's been my play style since I don't like most of the other options available to the Soviets. What I can say is that what gives me pain when using con spam, against both Ostheer and OKW, is just simple counter-spam backed by an mg or two locking down a few key sectors. 3-4 grens/volks playing defensively with mg support and a mortar or support gun can lock down fuel, cutoff and a VP without much trouble. You'll vet up faster than him since any kills he makes will be spread among lots of individually weak units. Late game your vet 3 (or 5 for OKW) infantry completely outclass whatever he can throw at you, while you should've secured enough fuel for some solid armour to counter his call-ins. Just play it patiently, goad him into overextending, keep bleeding manpower from the con squads, and by the time your force completely outclasses his you'll still have more than enough VPs left to offensive cautiously.

Con spam is (to my nubcake mind at least) about going for the throat and staying there while you wait for tanks your opponent simply doesn't have the fuel to counter. You can't do that if you've been bleeding manpower and let your opponent keep a bit of fuel all game. 10cp for t34-85 takes a while if all you have is cons running around, and sacrificing them for faster xp will give up either manpower or map control, so if you play the waiting game you should have enough fuel to deal with the call-ins.

Also, luchs. A well micro'd luchs will destroy conspam if there aren't guards or a fast t-34 to counter it.

Edit - a pure conspammer won't bring anything scary out before you have t4, so just hunker down and tech for those obers and luchs. Fast obers and an unassailable flak truck on the enemy cutoff is scary when you've invested so much mp in cons.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★