Login

russian armor

CoH HD should never come

• This thread is locked
6 Aug 2014, 21:59 PM

I see a lot of people asking for coh HD or new expansion to coh1 because they think it will make the game to have more players again, well guys you are totally wrong and i have one simple reason for you:

If the current Relic (the relic in charge of making OF and ToV and CoH2) will make any expansion or HD version of COH1 it will be nothing more than another noob friendly game like CoH2, just take a look at games they have given to you already. For some reason people at Relic enjoy having a unit called mobile bunker such as kangaroos and bren carriers and this clown cars in CoH2 and halftrucks from panzerelite and so on. if they rebuild CoH1 they will import these type of units to wehrmacht and USA without any doubt. the current Relic army designers do not like the idea of flanking there will be always units which are made for people with less skill to make it possible for them to win a game and Wehr and USA will be full of them in HD version do NOT even doubt it. like my mate aimstrong always says "they enjoy making units with at least a second arty ability like soviets".

vCoH was made by an expert team who understood so much about RTS if you see both vCoH factions were desigend against each other, one was good at being offensive and other one good at being defensive. Could you win a game with only spam in vCoH? no ofcourse not, what is the key point in winning in CoH2 and OF ? anything except spamming infantry? just have a look at british and panzer elite faction do they even have a single incommon thing with each other and other factions? they are designed for spam-encouraging play style such as:

- LT gives bonus point to near by units (strategic tip spam your infantry close to LT)

- Group Zeal makes panzer grenadier to be tougher when they are grouped (strategic tip spam your PG together)

- Command tanks in both CoH2 and OF give bonus to near by armor (strategic tip spam your tanks together)

^These are examples of showing that my words are true about how they make a faction

If some day there will be a new CoH1 made by current relic you will see wehrmacht motorbikes and American jeeps being able to garrison infantry inside and run around your MG with their mobile bunker ability and the only way to win is to spam your units next to one certain unit which gives bonus to the others.
6 Aug 2014, 22:04 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

I foresee much reasonable discussion. This thread will bring great things.
Only Relic postRelic 6 Aug 2014, 22:33 PM

What a world we live in when even things we say we don't have plans to do make people angry at us.

6 Aug 2014, 22:33 PM

i will share with you my opinions,it's a post that i did to another thread and tell me what you don't like.

My main concern is that with this tactic followed so far by Relic/Sega the pool of players will be gradually getting smaller and smaller then ultimately the servers will close. Eventually some day in the future they will but this plan don't seem right to me.
Choices you have:

1)You support the game (as an old game and not as new) but you fix serious problems, rebalance some units, bugs, add new maps etc. You don't make any changes to graphics. This way you keep the ones that have already pay for it and you attract back the ones that already have it and don't play it. The sales will also grow because the product they are buying is good enough, near or even better than the pre-steam state.(game is still alive and you extend its viability)
I'm ready to pay for it if that is necessary.

2)You make an HD version with all the changes that needs to be done. Better support than choice 1,It will include new graphics, all the fixes that choice 1 has ,plus some changes that justify the cost, new campaigns etc. Sales I think will also grow in that case too(at least that's my opinion, game is still alive and you extend its viability)

The way now is been followed will eventually make more and more people to leave.

It's really good news that you Noun will pass both requests, I'm waiting impatiently to hear news about this.

I would also like to see a game based only on original vCoH (Wehrmacht and Americans)
I'm sorry if I make some people that love Brits and PE unhappy.

Hope for some changes.

NO mechanics changes,NO new freaking units.
6 Aug 2014, 22:54 PM

i will share with you my opinions,it's a post that i did to another thread and tell me what you don't like.

My main concern is that with this tactic followed so far by Relic/Sega the pool of players will be gradually getting smaller and smaller then ultimately the servers will close. Eventually some day in the future they will but this plan don't seem right to me.
Choices you have:

1)You support the game (as an old game and not as new) but you fix serious problems, rebalance some units, bugs, add new maps etc. You don't make any changes to graphics. This way you keep the ones that have already pay for it and you attract back the ones that already have it and don't play it. The sales will also grow because the product they are buying is good enough, near or even better than the pre-steam state.(game is still alive and you extend its viability)
I'm ready to pay for it if that is necessary.

2)You make an HD version with all the changes that needs to be done. Better support than choice 1,It will include new graphics, all the fixes that choice 1 has ,plus some changes that justify the cost, new campaigns etc. Sales I think will also grow in that case too(at least that's my opinion, game is still alive and you extend its viability)

The way now is been followed will eventually make more and more people to leave.

It's really good news that you Noun will pass both requests, I'm waiting impatiently to hear news about this.

I would also like to see a game based only on original vCoH (Wehrmacht and Americans)
I'm sorry if I make some people that love Brits and PE unhappy.

Hope for some changes.

NO mechanics changes,NO new freaking units.

what makes you think i am going to pay to relic after pre ordering COH2 and seeing what a game it turned out to be? and for the game i already own? my thread is in the contrary with what u try to say. HD should never come at least not from this developers.
6 Aug 2014, 22:58 PM

Your opinion is been respected ,no need to argue with you. Smoking gun is the one for the job though.
26 Sep 2014, 10:43 AM

There is no need for HD expansion, there are lot of skinpacks and unit skins available for free download and fully customizable.

The only thing that is urgent is rebalance of armies. Blitzkrieg mode should be considered for some new units and command abillities
26 Sep 2014, 11:57 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Aug 2014, 22:33 PMNoun
What a world we live in when even things we say we don't have plans to do make people angry at us.

dear noun, your team makes an absolutely great job. you tuned the game at the right places. people tend to have a phobia to things they don't know. you improved the mechanics at details so many people simply miss. may i quote my steam review here?

"Relic did a fine job reshaping sniper mechanics, ressource system and artillery mechanics: snipers cant be camo-ed in mid of road, are slower and more expensive, new ressource system brings a more frontline-based gameplay and alows more comebacks while neglecting mircroing-orgies, arty isnt that strong anymore much more vulnerable but mobile and can fire faster which gives it a support role and not a game-depending role."

btw: i have so much fun playing this game, because the atmosphere is simply breathtaking! mortars and mg s firing, soldiers shouting, chains are squeeking. just awesome.
26 Sep 2014, 12:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Aug 2014, 22:33 PMNoun

26 Sep 2014, 12:11 PM

Could you win a game with only spam in vCoH? no ofcourse not,

haha.

-almost every 2v2, 3v3 or 4v4 in coh1 was decided by sniperspamming, who has more snipers, wins.
-i also remember games with 15 rep bunkers. that was a unit which pissed me off: unbreakable defensive doc rep bunkers
-it was part of many common wehr strats in 2v2 to have 4+ nebels
-zombiegrens

and those are also some things i dont want to do anymore:

-trying to win the countersnipe roulette
-bike pushing
-seeing m8s running away with 5%, although you positioned your pak correctly

coh2 is actually more strategy and less micro.

26 Sep 2014, 12:23 PM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

Sorry but this leads to nothing... Closed
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak