Login

russian armor

Trying out some "cheese" strategies

6 Aug 2014, 07:18 AM

edit: this is mostly 1v1.

So they say the best way to figure out how to beat a faction or tactic is to try it out yourself. Now, I'm usually just not drawn to do things like build 4 maxims or use blobs, and I think this is making it harder for me to deal with them. Not that I find them unstoppable or think they're OP, but I think that if I did them myself for once I'd understand them better and could counter them more easily.

Before I start, anyone have tips on how to use the following in an optimal way:

Maxim spam (3-4 maxim opening)

Blobs (riflemen mostly, might try blobbing Pfuses also)

That thing where you use the OKW scavenger doctrine to nuke US bases

It's actually sorta hard to find examples of stuff like this on propagandacast or whatever but I'm gonna also check to see if I can find replays. Still, thought some wisdom from the ol' forums might help as well.

It's important that I do these strats correctly because I want to learn more about what beats them when done RIGHT.
6 Aug 2014, 09:41 AM

I sometimes do sort of a maxim spam, maybe you can do the same build. Start out capping a point with the engineer, and also start building two conscripts. After the engineer caps the first point, retreat and build the support weapon building, followed by three maxims. Depending on the game I will then build an AT gun or two and a mortar. The conscripts are used for capping and stalling infantry until a maxim can help out. Also get at-nades when you see or hear the first vehicles, and get healing the moment you see low health squads. Since you're not using much munitions, you should also spam mines and get a flame thrower on your engineers.

My commander for this strategy is shock rifle frontline tactics. The shock troops are just awesome, you've got two call in tanks (KV8 and the IS2), and the incendiary barrage saves me a lot. I usually go for two squads of shock troopers and stall for call in tanks, but this is mostly in team games. You could also go for the T3 building if waiting on the CP's for the call-ins takes too long. Another decent commander for this strategy is guard motor coordination tactics, with the T34/85 call in, 120mm mortar, and mark vehicle, though I'm not a big fan of guard infantry at the moment.
6 Aug 2014, 16:29 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

Is this 1v1?
6 Aug 2014, 19:17 PM

Yes, excellent question! I mostly play 1v1.
6 Aug 2014, 19:24 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

Maxim spam is actually not very cheesy in 1v1 at all, you may find it rather difficult as it's super micro intensive and requires you to be very aggressive with them.

As for rifle blobbing, go infantry company and get as many M1919s as you can. Get a captain and use On Me! for every engagement. Tech grenades and use smoke to overrun MG spam.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★