Login

russian armor

Advanced Warfare tactics

4 Aug 2014, 23:31 PM

Uhm, guys, is this working now against OKW? It was a good doctrine against Oshteer, but playing versus OKW you need elite infantry like shocks or guards. I don't think that ppsh is good against ober soldaten and other elite infantry and I think kv8, is2, isu152 will be better than t3485. So is this doctrine good nowadays?
13 Aug 2014, 19:53 PM

I like the radio intercepts, but I've been having trouble late game with this commander versus vetted Grenadiers with LMGs or G43s. Not having late-game infantry (the PPSh-41 upgrade can kinda-sorta get you through the mid-game)really affects me near the end of the game. Having the upper hand through the first half of the game, then losing in the back half is really frustrating.
13 Aug 2014, 21:19 PM

Personally, I love this commander, it allows me to go extremely conscript heavy (almost as if I was doing conscript support tactics) and then move into mg's and field guns until 10 when I can get the t-34's out with Stirmoviks to cover for the tanks. The radio intercept allows me to keep and idea of what my enemy possesses and avoid getting surprises coming out of the Fog of War. I have already taken a great liking to this commander as it allows me to push Germans off the map with consistency and then hold them off it with a nice finisher.

Conscripts are also more than strong enough to taken on OKW infantry with decent micro and a lot of Molotov and MG cover.
13 Aug 2014, 22:17 PM
Donator 11

If OKW has infatry guns most cons die the moment they stop to cap something lol. I prefere esp. the instant squad wipes the moment you touch negative cover. :/
13 Aug 2014, 23:10 PM
Patrion 27

I usually go for Penals or Mortars with Radio Intercept since it lets me keep tabs on what kind of counters are being built.

You're generally going to want to build both tiers one and two with any Intercept doctrine anyway since you don't get elite call-ins.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★