Login

russian armor

Bugs I've noticed.

2 Aug 2014, 09:32 AM

Hello, I recently registered, long time lurker.
I've noticed a multitude of bugs which I don't see mentioned anywhere else so I figured I'd state them here so Relic can squash them.

1. Sometimes when one for example have three squads having their behinds handed to them, you select all three, spam the retreat button for a few times and then start scanning other areas of the battlefield when you hear that you just lost an infantry unit. When going back one notices that one squad retreated, one died and one is still there, dying but not retreating. Is there some kind of bug with the retreat button? Anyone else experiencing this sometimes?

2. One time when I captured an OKW panzer II Luchs as US with rear echelon troops, it wasn't able to fire (no attack move button), didn't shoot at enemies within range. Exiting and re-entering the vehicle fixed this, but the exit and re-enter usually had to be done every time after entering the vehicle after having performed repairs.

3. Another time playing as OKW I captured a Stuart light tank, activated the stun shot ability. Later I noticed that my Stuart was constantly stunning other tanks without having the ability active. It seemed the ability got stuck as "on" and kept stunning other vehicles for the rest of the game.

Anyone else ever come across any of these bugs?
2 Aug 2014, 15:08 PM
Patrion 14

i have not experienced any other than the number 1.

many many many times this happened to me and i always put the fault on myself, it being more plausible explanation although this 'bug' happened to me a loooooooooooot of times, beyond count.

i wonder if this is really a bug or not.
2 Aug 2014, 15:22 PM

Regarding 2. and 3. I have not heard of them prior. Would be good if you save the replay next time to send it to Relic so they can take a look at it. It's sometimes really hard to reproduce a bug.

Regarding 1. - I've noticed sometimes that if you issue commands they do not get done. I assume that's a minor lag spike / packet loss problem. Several times clicked retreat, had the icon flashing but a second later it was gone and the squad never retreated. Your problem sounds more like a selection problem though.
If you select a group and press "tab" you can select single squads inside that group. If you press retreat in that selection only this squad will retreat, not the whole group.
2 Aug 2014, 15:24 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

it happens when you hit retreat during a 'reaction'. A reaction happens when some kind of explosion or flame burst goes off near your infantry. They will ignore your retreat order and duck for cover. I don't know if it's a bug or not. Just keep spamming the button.
2 Aug 2014, 18:16 PM

Regarding 2. and 3. I have not heard of them prior. Would be good if you save the replay next time to send it to Relic so they can take a look at it. It's sometimes really hard to reproduce a bug.

Will save the replay next time I experience 2 and 3. I've only experienced each of them once so far so it may be really rare.

Regarding the retreat thing I just don't know. I'm sure I don't accidentally tab to scroll through the units, I'm pretty sure I see 3 exclamation marks indicating they're all retreating, but then something happens that cancels it. It could be an explosion or maybe they run into a charging vehicle and get stuck or something, but it is annoying and can be devastating.
2 Aug 2014, 19:00 PM

I don't know if it's a bug but I see often that my troops suddenly die from one second to another when entering a building in mid fight. Let's say 4 Grens enter a building and at the moment when the Unit Icon disappears and they enter the building they die.
2 Aug 2014, 19:12 PM

I can vouch for 2. It happened to me as well. My Luchs turrent stopped firing at enemies in range and the attack ground/move button was no longer there.
2 Aug 2014, 22:22 PM

Hello again.

I played a short game tonight and bug 2 happened again. I'll try and include the replay in this post, I'm new to this kind of stuff. Around 16 minute into the replay I rush a P4 with my Stuart after having repaired it. As I approach I activate the stun shot ability and voila, the attack move button disappears and I can't right click the enemy tank.

Also, around the 14-minute mark my Stuart charges the AI's P4 entering the map, I stun it with the stun shot ability and run up to it to use the point blank engine shot. The point blank engine shot highlights as it normally does when an ability is active, but never fires.

Tried to upload it to the site at this URL:
http://www.coh2.org/replay/21590/bug-attack-move-button-disappears.

There's a slight difference in the bug happening here to the bug I mentioned as number 2 in my original post. Originally, the button disappeared altogether until exiting and re-entering the vehicle. In this replay the button disappears right as I charge, and as I escape after taking a crap-load of damage, it reappears.

I might also point out that this is a 'single player match' against 3 AI opponents. So I guess it's not related to net code or similar.

TLDR: Stuart light tank.
~14 minutes in, point blank engine shot doesn't work, as far as I can see.
~16 minutes in, attack move and attack ground buttons disappear and the tank can't fire.
4 Aug 2014, 15:25 PM

I've had units just straight out ignore my commands. select units move them forward 2-3 inches. unit decides to go to the opfor base. SUPER.
try to move a vehicle back, it starts to spin around in a circle, attempting to do a 4000 point turn. vehicles moving down the road other units literally get in the path of the oncoming vehicle. where prior to the move they were perfectly fine. pathing trying to squeeze through the most rediculous spots where it could just back up and go straight. i just dont get the pathing AT ALL. its terrible. to the point that it enrages me.
4 Aug 2014, 15:48 PM
Patrion 14

4. Grenade bug: The grenade is cancelled but the ammunition is deducted and the timer reset.

Regarding 3. I saw a thread that explained how you could get the stuart to do that. Apparently you need to start the stun ability and before it runs out use and execute the engine crit shot. I have so far not been able to reproduce this, however. I will try to find the thread.
4 Aug 2014, 18:46 PM

Houses being destroyed in 1 hit regardless of their HP.

Grenades taking up munitions but not throwing any grenades.

Knocking out Axis tanks while they're cloaked and recrewing them with your infantry will make them permanently cloaked.

The crew with .50 cal HMG in buildings will sometimes start humping the floor and not shoot.

Lots of bugs, just too many to list.
4 Aug 2014, 18:52 PM
Patrion 14

Listing bugs is one thing. Listing them in a usefull way is another. Feel free to report bugs, but if you really want the feedback to be usefull, please include the following.

1: What happened
2: What did you do? (selected an ability blah blah)
3: Can you reproduce it?
4: Provide replay if possible, and state when the bug happened

This way, its just not "fluke bugs" but things that can be more easily identified and solved.

Carry on.
4 Aug 2014, 18:58 PM

Retreat bug is definitely an issue.

In one game I had to retreat a vehicle crew due to casualties and I picked up the motor carriage with RE. Well it didn't fire so I brought my crew back into it and it never fired again.

The stun abilities for OST never ever seem to work..
4 Aug 2014, 19:24 PM
Donator 22

target weak point is still buggy.... If have tried to use it toady, for my pak43, three times and nothing happend.
5 Aug 2014, 22:15 PM

If you retreat your mortar and it gets killed, sometimes the last man takes the mortar with him. I saw it twice!

Look at this at 08:30

Video

EDIT.

OMG, he didnt loose the mortar, watch it retreat to the base and getting reinforced on the UI :hyper:
8 Aug 2014, 21:35 PM

I just learned if you put Airborne squads inside vehicles, you can't take them out. They are forever trapped inside.

Fix it pls kthxbye.
21 Aug 2014, 09:59 AM

I'm back with two other bugs, I don't know whether they are new or if they have been reported before.

1. When you have airborne upgraded with the LMG upgrade and you use their ability called cover fire that slows down enemy units, you are unable to retreat for as long as the ability is active. I had this happen to me several times yesterday, will see today if I can reproduce the bug. Can anyone else test this?

2. Every now and then when I order a unit to throw a grenade, the ability will highlight as it does when being active, then it just stays active for several seconds, no grenade is thrown, ammo is deducted from your ammo stash, you end up with the cooldown. Anyone else experience this? (Grenade bug thing seems to happen slightly more often to Panzer Fusiliers and Airborne from my experience.)

Cheers
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS