Login

russian armor

Ostheer commander loadout

1 Aug 2014, 22:33 PM

So, for 1v1 games, what commanders are good to bring?
Right now, I'm thinking Spearhead (seems pretty balanced overall and has the Tiger), but I have no idea what else to bring. Any suggestions?

P.S.: I don't have the Mechanized Assault guy, but I could get him if needed and worthwhile.
2 Aug 2014, 00:16 AM
Donator 22

well, I almost always go for mech assault(imo it is worth getting it) elite troops and assailt support. u get a pretty balanced loadout with booth ai/at options and tiger/tiger ace. for allies the ace is though to deal with and if u float alot of mp but lack of fuel I would go for it. also every doctrine has good options aside tiger as well: opel, strafe, tank smoke, g43, stugs, ass grens, and so on...
spearhead is good though if your opponent is stalling/campy, mht deals with that pretty fast.
2 Aug 2014, 01:23 AM

I like Mobile Defense instead of Mech Assault, but my other two are the same as Stalin's. The Puma you get with Mobile Defense is a thing of beauty against Americans and their fragile armor.
2 Aug 2014, 06:59 AM

I like Mobile Defense instead of Mech Assault, but my other two are the same as Stalin's. The Puma you get with Mobile Defense is a thing of beauty against Americans and their fragile armor.

Alright, thanks for the reply. I may look into permanently acquiring Elite Troops permanently then.
Or, considering the queue time thing your signature mentions, I may just go and play Allies instead. We'll see, I guess.

Oh and, is the Ostheer Puma from Mobile Defense identical to the OKW one?
2 Aug 2014, 08:08 AM
Strategist Badge
Patrion 39

So, for 1v1 games, what commanders are good to bring?
Right now, I'm thinking Spearhead (seems pretty balanced overall and has the Tiger), but I have no idea what else to bring. Any suggestions?

P.S.: I don't have the Mechanized Assault guy, but I could get him if needed and worthwhile.

Against USF
Mobile Defense Doctrine with Puma and PIV Command Tank with heavy T1, T2 works great if you really need those call ins fast. Teching up to T3 is kinda tricky against USF.
If things go better then expected, for example you achieve early map control (which is rarely the case), I recommend any Tiger doctrine, especially Mechanized Assault with Stug E and a Tiger.

Against SU
As you said Spearhead is a great idea (for example against maxims), Assault Support with Strafe, and I like to have a PIV Command Tank Doctrine as well for defensive purposes. I wouldnt recommend Mechanized Assault though.

But after all, I would really take the commanders you like and that you have fun playing with. Picking a doctrine others recommend isn't always the way to go if it doesn't suit your playstyle. It is always nice to see new strategies because the game really lacks some new tactical approaches.
2 Aug 2014, 13:26 PM

Saw a thread on the Official Forums earlier today that mentioned the Jaeger Infantry doctrine, specifically the Ambush Camouflage.

It suffers in that it doesn't have any call-ins, but I might give it a try anyway.
3 Aug 2014, 13:33 PM

I go Spearhead, Lightning War and Jaeger Armour.
Lightning War when I want to fight the American riflemen with my grenadiers. I always go 2 grenadiers vs 1 riflemen. If he blobs he will meet my HMG42. If he goes 2 squads he meets the HMG again. If he spread out then his lone squad will get thrashed by 2 Grenadiers. 2 Grenadiers already kill riflemen well but 2 squads with G43 you start to pity the riflemen.

Spearhead and Jaeger Armour I mainly use against Soviets.
These 2 commanders are very solid and allow me to react to what my opponent does. If he goes ISU/IS2 then I go Jaeger, if he goes T34/85 or something without heavy tanks then I go Spearhead. The mortar track allows you to burn MG nests, tall buildings which give a sight boost etc.
3 Aug 2014, 18:18 PM

Storm, Fortified Armour and Ostruppen doctirne for me.

Storm I like because of the camoflauge and for the halftrack mines, and the super fast infantry ability is pretty damn useful too. I don't think I've ever built the artillery ( I always forget about it) though.

Fortified Armour is just a solid doctrine. Smoke on all vehicles is super useful, Recon overflight is really great. Command tank is damn good as well.

Ostruppen doctrine I like as an alternative playstyle where ostruppen supported by a halftrack with pgrens comprise of my main infantry force. It is pretty solid vs Americans but I don't like it vs Soviet.

20 Aug 2014, 05:59 AM

well, I almost always go for mech assault(imo it is worth getting it) elite troops and assailt support. u get a pretty balanced loadout with booth ai/at options and tiger/tiger ace. for allies the ace is though to deal with and if u float alot of mp but lack of fuel I would go for it. also every doctrine has good options aside tiger as well: opel, strafe, tank smoke, g43, stugs, ass grens, and so on...
spearhead is good though if your opponent is stalling/campy, mht deals with that pretty fast.

I also find mechanized Assault commander very good and worth getting.As for buletins i choose Assault grens.Tiger vet. and Tiger armor protection.Try it it's cool!:clap:
21 Aug 2014, 13:19 PM

Alright, thanks for the reply. I may look into permanently acquiring Elite Troops permanently then.
Or, considering the queue time thing your signature mentions, I may just go and play Allies instead. We'll see, I guess.

Oh and, is the Ostheer Puma from Mobile Defense identical to the OKW one?

Yes, i think it is.
21 Aug 2014, 13:51 PM
Patrion 14

It lacks the ridiculous turret jam ability and the 5 levels of veterancy.
21 Aug 2014, 20:13 PM

I'm trying some different strategies, and I have an "alternative" loadout with Storm, Luftwaffe Support and Mobile Warfare.

Storm can be really powerful and it does surprise the enemy, but it's micro-intensive and you'll be muni starved for a good part of the game.

Luftwaffe support can help you in a game where you don't have a good map control. The resources that you can get are very helpful.

At last, mobile warfare allows you to skip T3, if you're doing well. Ostruppen call-in is sometimes bizarre (last time I got 1 vet3 and 1 vet1 ost).
27 Aug 2014, 04:50 AM

Does the Osttruppen commander have any value these days? What about Storm or German Mechanized?
27 Aug 2014, 05:14 AM

It lacks the ridiculous turret jam ability and the 5 levels of veterancy.

Turrent Jam sucks compared to a complete stun. Ostheer Pumas are great against Sov T3, and all Ami tanks. And you can skip teching, and get P4 command for AI and Puma/PaKs for AT. It's situational, but can be highly effective if done right. Just know that your late game is going to suffer against heavy Soviet tanks.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 30
unknown 7

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment