Login

russian armor

Lack of arty options for OKW

1 Aug 2014, 22:03 PM

I do not think I have seen a post in favor of vetlolcake yet hmm... thats strange...
1 Aug 2014, 22:04 PM

On map: ISG, Stuka, T4 tank mini nuke guy

Seems decent to me. They have some doctrinal arty as well.
1 Aug 2014, 22:09 PM

ISG - best mini howitzer.

Stuka zu fuss - coolest rocket artillery.

Nothing more is needed.
1 Aug 2014, 22:37 PM

Permanently Banned

At a total of 140 fuel the stuka is the fastest arriving big arty in the game. There is a risk to using your first 140 fuel to rush it but that early of a stuka can pay off big if you defend it properly. If you want earlier artillery the LEIG is a very safe buy and will consistently bleed your opponent MP. It, like all mortars, isn't going to be the ultimate infantry hard counter you seem to want early game though.

If you want a 50-60 fuel early game vehicle based infantry counter buy a 251/17 and learn how to micro it.

It has a 3 second set up time while US AA has none.
1 Aug 2014, 22:50 PM

It has a 3 second set up time while US AA has none.

You can also combine it with an AT gun, while the americans can't.
1 Aug 2014, 22:58 PM

Permanently Banned

At a total of 140 fuel the stuka is the fastest arriving big arty in the game. There is a risk to using your first 140 fuel to rush it but that early of a stuka can pay off big if you defend it properly. If you want earlier artillery the LEIG is a very safe buy and will consistently bleed your opponent MP. It, like all mortars, isn't going to be the ultimate infantry hard counter you seem to want early game though.

If you want a 50-60 fuel early game vehicle based infantry counter buy a 251/17 and learn how to micro it.

Love to micro it in the same way as US AA TRUCK. OHHH WAITTTT..
1 Aug 2014, 23:01 PM

"Lack of Heavy Armor options for USF"
1 Aug 2014, 23:11 PM

Raketenwerfer an AT gun? Looks like an antigrass/hill/tree/everythingthatisnotatank - gun lol
1 Aug 2014, 23:12 PM

Raketenwerfer an AT gun? Looks like an antigrass/hill/tree/everythingthatisnotatank - gun lol

Want to trade it for M-42?
1 Aug 2014, 23:15 PM

Love to micro it in the same way as US AA TRUCK. OHHH WAITTTT..

That's why you micro it differently, usually in a more cautious and cowardly manner behind the front line or on flanks. If you try to micro the 251/17 like the M15 it will end up scrap. I would prefer it was a bit more survivable myself but a properly used 251/17 destroys infantry pushes and usually has a small window of opportunity when it arrives where it is totally un-countered.

If that isn't doing it for you save up an extra 80 fuel, buy T4, and buy a Luchs. Same effect, more survivable, later arrival.
1 Aug 2014, 23:49 PM

ISG is one of the best long range units of the early game and Stuka is one of the best artillery in the game period, if not THE best now that both Katyusha and Pwerfer were nerfed. I'm really not sure they mean anything else.

And hell, if we need to homogenize the factions that much, can I get no less than 5 elite infantry choices (Sturm, Jaegers, Falls, Fusiliers, Obers) as Soviets please? Different factions have different strengths and units. More news at 11.
1 Aug 2014, 23:59 PM

People are claiming the ISG to be some god gun, it is not. It is very RNG dependent, I've tried 2 before and they were set up forward enough to cover past the "front line" by the end I think one had about 18 kills and the other around 8. Like all Indirect fire weapons such as mortars they are RNG heavy, altho I feel mortars still perform better as you can get them closer at very little risk for a much higher reward.

ISG's pretty much have to hit dead on to deal damage, they (Feel at least) to have a lot less splash than mortars.

ISG's will usually get 1 model if it hits, very rarely does it get 2 or higher. I see mortars regularly either take 2-3 models or spread out a fair amount of damage among a squad from splash.

Please try using things for more than 1 game where they get good RNG. Try them for at least 20-30 games and look at the average performance.

They also got their arcing and UnitAI Messed with since the Alpha, it feels as if they scatter a lot more now too. The Arcing seems to of been fixed as of the most recent patch but other than that.

Also don't get me wrong, I am not saying it is bad, I'm just saying it's unreliable, especially with the lack of Suppression Okw have.
2 Aug 2014, 00:12 AM

Stuka is your artillery as OKW. ISG is a mortar.
2 Aug 2014, 01:28 AM

People are claiming the ISG to be some god gun, it is not. It is very RNG dependent, I've tried 2 before and they were set up forward enough to cover past the "front line" by the end I think one had about 18 kills and the other around 8. Like all Indirect fire weapons such as mortars they are RNG heavy, altho I feel mortars still perform better as you can get them closer at very little risk for a much higher reward.

ISG's pretty much have to hit dead on to deal damage, they (Feel at least) to have a lot less splash than mortars.

ISG's will usually get 1 model if it hits, very rarely does it get 2 or higher. I see mortars regularly either take 2-3 models or spread out a fair amount of damage among a squad from splash.

Please try using things for more than 1 game where they get good RNG. Try them for at least 20-30 games and look at the average performance.

They also got their arcing and UnitAI Messed with since the Alpha, it feels as if they scatter a lot more now too. The Arcing seems to of been fixed as of the most recent patch but other than that.

Also don't get me wrong, I am not saying it is bad, I'm just saying it's unreliable, especially with the lack of Suppression Okw have.

This happens with all artillery. When the Katyusha was overbuffed, I had one with like 3 kills after 5 barrages, despite once aiming it straight at a Volksblob. It was destroyed, the 2nd one scored 20ish kills. RNG is part of the game.

Sure, it's not a god gun. But it's a very good unit, and I would gladly trade a normal mortar for it, because those are even more prone to RNG silliness. For its price it seems very fair to me, and very effective especially against Soviet T2 play.
2 Aug 2014, 09:08 AM

wtf, how has nobody mentioned Sturm Tiger?

Its simply bad ass vs blobs. Id rather than one than a priest any day of the week.
2 Aug 2014, 09:50 AM

wtf, how has nobody mentioned Sturm Tiger?

Its simply bad ass vs blobs. Id rather than one than a priest any day of the week.

Yeah its the ultimate anti defence unit in the game and properly used it will one shot a fuckton of squads not to mention that it has 100 X the survivability of standard arty . okw has some issues but arty is not one of them as they basically are packing the most powerful arty in the game
2 Aug 2014, 10:16 AM

Permanently Banned
Stuka zu Fuß, Sturmtiger, Infanteriegeschütz... Pretty much decent stuff... especially in team games lol
2 Aug 2014, 11:02 AM

I think OKW does have a good early game arty piece in the Inf G. And the Stuka is still strong vs blobs.

Vetlol, try the inf gun more, I think it's really nice. Yes, it doesn't have the splash to give the same blob-crushing power as the Ost and Sov mortars but it has great range and can hurt light vehicles too.

But still in any case the Stuka is vastly better than the SU-75, which I see in maybe 1/10 games and whose barrage costs muni.

2 Aug 2014, 11:09 AM

SturmTiger is not Artillery... it is a direct fire weapon.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★