Login

russian armor

Us pios can´t cut the barbwire

1 Aug 2014, 18:05 PM

The Us pioneers are not able to clear the german barbwire. Wy ????( Yes I added the mine and wire pack)
1 Aug 2014, 18:07 PM

The OKW barbwire is superstrong, reinforced barbwire - light vehicles also can't crush it.
1 Aug 2014, 18:08 PM

Playing against Oberkommando West?
They have a special 'Reinforced Barbed Wire' which is a barrier that can't be cut with wire cutters. It takes longer to build than the regular wire, but can't be cut and cant be crushed by light vehicles.
1 Aug 2014, 18:16 PM

Why do eches have wire cutters then? no one knows kind like why do they have volley fire to waste your munitions. Most effective way is rush a zook to an inf unit then attack ground about 3 zook shots will destroy it.
1 Aug 2014, 18:47 PM
Donator 11

Playing against Oberkommando West?
They have a special 'Reinforced Barbed Wire' which is a barrier that can't be cut with wire cutters. It takes longer to build than the regular wire, but can't be cut and cant be crushed by light vehicles.

Longer to build? lol i faced guys in 2v2 spamming unfinished barbed wires. pain in the ass.
1 Aug 2014, 18:57 PM

Ok So here is the deal Chris. The minesweeper ability gives you the ability to cut Ostheer wire, not OKW whom have reinforced wire. The ability comes with mine sweepers, which is useful against both factions as they have mines.

1 Aug 2014, 19:01 PM
Honorary Member Badge

you can't cut okw barbed wire its reinforced. have to either shoot it or crush it with tank i think.

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Aug 2014, 18:16 PMRocket
Why do eches have wire cutters then? no one knows kind like why do they have volley fire to waste your munitions. Most effective way is rush a zook to an inf unit then attack ground about 3 zook shots will destroy it.

what about playing wher/ost...
1 Aug 2014, 19:12 PM

I was kinda leaning towards you would think they would have some ability that is usefull against okw wire as they are there counterpart. What is the counter to reinforced barbwire? nothing really in ettlebrook this can be a huge pain in the ass. my suggestion is maybe give eches bangalores ability to blow it up for a munitions cost instead of volley fire which is useless.
1 Aug 2014, 19:13 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Aug 2014, 19:01 PMWiFiDi
you can't cut okw barbed wire its reinforced. have to either shoot it or crush it with tank i think.

what about playing wher/ost...

Thats it.. wy not playing the germans?? .... It is the better fraction but then you play 10% to 90 % thats poor i don`t understand those special gimiks for the germans ...
1 Aug 2014, 19:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Aug 2014, 19:12 PMRocket
I was kinda leaning towards you would think they would have some ability that is usefull against okw wire as they are there counterpart. What is the counter to reinforced barbwire? nothing really in ettlebrook this can be a huge pain in the ass. my suggestion is maybe give eches bangalores ability to blow it up for a munitions cost instead of volley fire which is useless.

thats true
1 Aug 2014, 19:24 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Aug 2014, 19:13 PMChris

Thats it.. wy not playing the germans?? .... It is the better fraction but then you play 10% to 90 % thats poor i don`t understand those special gimiks for the germans ...

Please do not shoot the messenger. :)
1 Aug 2014, 20:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Aug 2014, 19:13 PMChris

Each faction had their upsides and downsides. US forces don't have throttled fuel income for example, and 'free' units when teching up. It's all a mix of abilities.

As I said if you want a direct comparison, the OKW barbed wire does take longer to build I believe, so it ties up more time early game if you want to fence off large areas. Not to mention that tying up a SturmPioneer squad to set up barbed wire is a lot of manpower and firepower being spent on building that isn't being spent fighting. Sending Rear Echelon to build/repair etc is only 160MP tied up, but if your sturms aren't fighting that's 320 (double!) the MP that isn't being used directly against the enemy.
1 Aug 2014, 21:09 PM

Each faction had their upsides and downsides. US forces don't have throttled fuel income for example, and 'free' units when teching up. It's all a mix of abilities.

As I said if you want a direct comparison, the OKW barbed wire does take longer to build I believe, so it ties up more time early game if you want to fence off large areas. Not to mention that tying up a SturmPioneer squad to set up barbed wire is a lot of manpower and firepower being spent on building that isn't being spent fighting. Sending Rear Echelon to build/repair etc is only 160MP tied up, but if your sturms aren't fighting that's 320 (double!) the MP that isn't being used directly against the enemy.

Yes i agree with you this is the plan of relict. BUT Wy the Okw has sooo many advatages ?? Infrared scanners Hardcore Pioneers who beat your shooters. The pinning Kübelwagen.. When the germans change their fuel income at one truck they get more then the us... More over what is with the stuka ? The US have no rocket artillery. And the only positive I see in the US is the mediccar. You can play it but it is realy hard in early game against Okw becaus the Pios will crush your shooters ...
2 Aug 2014, 09:55 AM

They have many advanatages as they have many large disadvantages. Like most factions, only more accute. What they have works very well, what they are missing leaves larger holes than in other armies.

If you have problems vs them, you need to play as them to see their flaws.
2 Aug 2014, 14:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Aug 2014, 21:09 PMChris

Yes i agree with you this is the plan of relict. BUT Wy the Okw has sooo many advatages ?? Infrared scanners Hardcore Pioneers who beat your shooters. The pinning Kübelwagen.. When the germans change their fuel income at one truck they get more then the us... More over what is with the stuka ? The US have no rocket artillery. And the only positive I see in the US is the mediccar. You can play it but it is realy hard in early game against Okw becaus the Pios will crush your shooters ...

Kübelwagen is pretty weak and easy to kill with rifelman who aren't grouped into the same blob. The infrared upgrade is an expensive one on a unit that doesn't really need it to kill infantry, so it's more of a "sidegrade." Muni to fuel is likely better now with the extra muni, but I can't really say, as I don't use it since it wastes muni at a high rate needed for shrecks. The pioneers are counterable by riflemen at range, and are also very expensive, hence why most OKW people focus on Volks instead, at least from the guides I've read and the games I've played. The US doesn't have rocket artillery, but unlike OKW, they get a normal mult-role medium tank. The factions are asymmetrical.

Staying at range will take care of the pios, just don't let them close in.

As for having advantages, it's a trade off for 2/3 fuel income. Admittedly, the faction isn't that low on resources after the muni change.
2 Aug 2014, 15:48 PM

They have many advanatages as they have many large disadvantages. Like most factions, only more accute. What they have works very well, what they are missing leaves larger holes than in other armies.

If you have problems vs them, you need to play as them to see their flaws.

This.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 43
unknown 11
unknown 10
Germany 15

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L