Login

russian armor

OKW Flak HT vs US AA

9 Aug 2014, 22:02 PM

As much as I love using the American halftrack, I do agree that it is overpowered. When it fires it's machine gun it tears up German infantry but when it's set up it's high dps is able to defeat the puma and even damages other light tanks.

Panzershrecks are not much of a problem for the halftrack if the machine is caught out of position it can easily run away and repair itself. However, if the halftrack is already set up it can pin the infantry before they can fire their shreck.

The raketenwerfer isn't reliable because of it's slow aim time after it's set up and it's tendacy of hitting the ground. When the player is forced change the raketenwerfer's position the rattenwerfer turns around to face the halftrack but just stares at the halftrack while the halftrack just moves away. The only way it can kill the halftrack is when the halftrack just rushes right into the firing line of the raketenwerfer that's already set up. Other than that the halftrack can easily flank the raketenwerfer and finish it off since raketenwerfer has no cover bonus like other at guns.
10 Aug 2014, 23:45 PM

Permanently Banned
As much as I love using the American halftrack, I do agree that it is overpowered. When it fires it's machine gun it tears up German infantry but when it's set up it's high dps is able to defeat the puma and even damages other light tanks.

Panzershrecks are not much of a problem for the halftrack if the machine is caught out of position it can easily run away and repair itself. However, if the halftrack is already set up it can pin the infantry before they can fire their shreck.

The raketenwerfer isn't reliable because of it's slow aim time after it's set up and it's tendacy of hitting the ground. When the player is forced change the raketenwerfer's position the rattenwerfer turns around to face the halftrack but just stares at the halftrack while the halftrack just moves away. The only way it can kill the halftrack is when the halftrack just rushes right into the firing line of the raketenwerfer that's already set up. Other than that the halftrack can easily flank the raketenwerfer and finish it off since raketenwerfer has no cover bonus like other at guns.

really hope this is fixed next patch.
11 Aug 2014, 00:15 AM

while the OKW half track could use some love, the US halftrack needs to be more powerful because if you go into lieutenant you have pretty much no answer to the OKW half track. Really I think the OKW half track needs to just have a lesser set up time, and make the USF one have equal of it.
11 Aug 2014, 00:26 AM

Permanently Banned
while the OKW half track could use some love, the US halftrack needs to be more powerful because if you go into lieutenant you have pretty much no answer to the OKW half track. Really I think the OKW half track needs to just have a lesser set up time, and make the USF one have equal of it.

LOL?
11 Aug 2014, 01:23 AM

LOL?

You might not understand the whole situation which is ok, To elaborate for you:

US AA half track is not that far off from being a powerful, mid game tool. The OKW one is in a little far off spot, but it only takes a small tweak to fix it.

The OKW flack track dies because of its set up time, other vehicles of its type can kite away from multiple oorahing conscripts but the OKW one cannot. if said time was reduced, the counter play would not be as easy as it currently is and thus giving it a huge survivaility increase without touching any of its primary stats. Otherwise it is a powerful anti infantry vehicle that has huge damage like the US AA track.

The USF M15 is too powerful. If you were to like it to a set up time like that of the OKW one, Counter play would be even more readily, plus it couldnt just rush around anything it wants to and still murder units.

As for my statement between the two; just as Pshrecks are not enough to deal with the US flack track, bazookas are very underwhelming counter. US has no early AT gun like OKW so imagine the trouble US players will have if the M15 does not counter the OKW one. Lieutenant play will literally die vs OKW.

Now for the Ostheer a set up time on the M15 will make counter play easier like said above. Paks will be able to be a much more reliable answer, and the 222 play will not be utter suicide
11 Aug 2014, 01:54 AM

I think a buff on the 251/17's suppression would be cool. I think the US AA is pretty close to fine right now though.
11 Aug 2014, 02:10 AM

OKW HT is fine. US is OP.

imo its little anti vehicle burst should have a larger delay between burst.
11 Aug 2014, 03:36 AM

OKW HT is fine. US is OP.

imo its little anti vehicle burst should have a larger delay between burst.

When that shit just get owned by a zooka squad alone, or two guards, I doubt it is fine.
11 Aug 2014, 11:10 AM

Bazookas? lol?
11 Aug 2014, 11:21 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Aug 2014, 03:36 AMPorygon

When that shit just get owned by a zooka squad alone, or two guards, I doubt it is fine.

What is actually wrong with 2 AT units killing 1 light vehicle?
11 Aug 2014, 13:12 PM

Bazookas? lol?

How easy is it to kill the US fack track with Pshrecks? its not that easy when your opponents micro is good. That is why If you were to buff the OKW half track in the method I explained, the USF flack track would need to continue to remain ahead a little
11 Aug 2014, 13:30 PM

How easy is it to kill the US fack track with Pshrecks? its not that easy when your opponents micro is good. That is why If you were to buff the OKW half track in the method I explained, the USF flack track would need to continue to remain ahead a little

With pgresn with 2 shrecks? easy, 2 volleys and its done. Same with double zooks.
11 Aug 2014, 14:19 PM

I feel guilty when I bring the m15 out as us. Its a moble aa flak, supression + aoe dm on inf is insane for how early you can possibly get it. I used it for the first time since nerf. And its still too strong. Sure 2 volleys of shercks will do the job. But if you give them enough time to do that it deserves to die , most competent players wont give you the time of day to have that option, not to mention there supporting units. This units got enough speed to keep it self out of danger. Only reason someone can lose this thing early is from pathing / your own errors and by the time a counter comes the dmg has allready been done.
20 Aug 2014, 10:24 AM

Permanently Banned
OKW needs its set up time removed. its the only way OKW can counter sniper and maxim spam early game. Sovs have zis for counter.
20 Aug 2014, 10:58 AM

IMHO, USA Flak needs a 10 second set up time, and OKW flak needs its weapon buffed to the same as a jagdtiger shot penetration and damage wise. This would maybe make up for the amount of time that USA flak has been raping ass.

It also sounds about right in Relic balance terms.
3 Sep 2014, 01:37 AM

Permanently Banned
Still huge discrepency in performance between the 2. Bit of a joke. esp given OKW fuel
3 Sep 2014, 04:13 AM

Permanently Banned
Still huge discrepency in performance between the 2. Bit of a joke. esp given OKW fuel

Learn to play...
3 Sep 2014, 10:02 AM

Learn to play...

yeah that was useful. but i agree with the statement that the okw track blows for cost.
3 Sep 2014, 10:49 AM

Whenever i see an OKW Flak HT i love it, get to build an AA HT for basically free as i get to kill his HT with ease

Seriously though the OKW HT dies to everything under the sun often without even getting a chance to react, Maxims, AT Guns, bazookas, Guards, Conscripts, mines, Anything with tank armor or the AA HT, and most ridiculously Penal satchel charges.

Dying to satchel charges, that is what makes this thing cost more than a luchs/obliterate all infantry tank. Its pretty silly.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★