Login

russian armor

Which is the best playstyle in this badly optimized game

31 Jul 2014, 21:00 PM

It seems that relic wont optimize the game. For some, including myself, this means a terrible gaming experience until I get a new comp. As has been written in the forums this includes freezing and fast-forward which often results in squad-losses.

So which playstyle would be the best to use to reduce the bad gaming-experience as much as possible? Some alternatives would be 1 Using tacmap to choose a unit. 2 Scrolling the game with mouse. 3 Using the minimap to move around. 4 Using shortkeys to switch between units.

So which playstyle would be the best style to reduce the "lag" and freezing that some players get in the game? Or are the playstyle not relevant as you will always get the same gaming-experience until you get a new comp?
31 Jul 2014, 21:12 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

play defensively and go for tanks with big hp pools
31 Jul 2014, 21:19 PM

play defensively and go for tanks with big hp pools

This is a good advice. Setting up some mgs doesnt need as much response from your units as regular infantry. But if you get flanked and are a few seconds behind its gg. I mainly play ostheer at the moment as a defensive playstyle with them is viable. Going conscriptspam is a big no no.
31 Jul 2014, 21:21 PM

Maxim spam into ISU152
31 Jul 2014, 21:36 PM

Permanently Banned
Maxim spam into ISU152

This. So much this.
31 Jul 2014, 21:38 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 11

The first question, of course, is did you turn your game settings all the way down? You probably did, just has to be said.

Since WFA came out, I turned my game settings down a bit. In particular, the texture quality. I found that scrolling the camera, loading tac map, and changing view accross the map rapidly, all really slowed my game down.

I love using snipers, but lagging for 5 seconds with a sniper on the field is usually a dead sniper. I still get freezes, but overall not as bad as I used to.

I find using the mouse (or keyboard if you have a preference) to best very effective, but my mouse is also home every hotkey via the grid hotkeys. If you click abilities with the mouse, use your keyboard I'd say.

Tac map is very slow for me and it jars me visually. I use unit hotkeys or minimap to move rapidly around the map.
31 Jul 2014, 21:52 PM
Donator 33

The freezing and fast-forwarding is probably more a connection thing than anything else, and since it's worse for many since WFA it'll probably improve to where it was before. I just do mass retreat and hope for the best. If it happens early game though it's a total disaster.
31 Jul 2014, 22:48 PM

I don't think this game has much in the way of PC requirements. Get a new PC, and enjoy modern games.
1 Aug 2014, 00:26 AM

I don't think this game has much in the way of PC requirements. Get a new PC, and enjoy modern games.

Uh...this game is notorious among PC hardware review sites for it's horrendous optimization. Benchmarking a "modern PC" with CoH2 means close to nothing as even a state of the art 2014 $2000-2500 rig might not max this piece of crap out yet Crysis 3, BF4, and a host of other games that should be harder to run than CoH2 run as smooth as butter.

CoH2 has NO place accusing players' system requirements when it cannot even run properly on the best systems money can buy.

1 Aug 2014, 00:33 AM

The OP appears to have problems running coh2 rather than having it look as pretty as possible.

I have played game on my 2010 PC with its poor graphics card and it runs at medium settings, wide screen rather fine.
1 Aug 2014, 00:34 AM

I'm not saying it's impossible to run, but the game demands far more "horsepower" so to speak than it should for the poor graphics quality and relatively small map rendering compared to other games.
1 Aug 2014, 00:49 AM
Senior Caster Badge

Let's not argue about PC specs or whatever. Relic fucked something up in WFA that has caused the game to bug out for people even if they have PCs that can totally run the game. My computer ran CoH 2 fine before WFA but now I get pauses during the game that make it hard to play.

It helps to try to REALLY predict grenades - move even before your opponent throws the grenade if you think they're likely going to grenade you, that way if the game freezes you won't lose a squad as often.
1 Aug 2014, 04:45 AM

Don't use Jacksons. Actually, probably just don't play US in general, as their tanks have so little HP and need to be watched closely.
1 Aug 2014, 08:57 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Jul 2014, 21:38 PMOhme

Tac map is very slow for me and it jars me visually. I use unit hotkeys or minimap to move rapidly around the map.

Yeah, tacmap sometimes takes some second to load. I love using tacmap to get a bigger perspective but I guess its better not to.

1 Aug 2014, 08:59 AM

Maxim spam into ISU152

I rather freeze than play like this. Its to booring. Thanks for advice though :)
1 Aug 2014, 09:00 AM

It helps to try to REALLY predict grenades - move even before your opponent throws the grenade if you think they're likely going to grenade you, that way if the game freezes you won't lose a squad as often.

Yeap. Always keep out of grenade-distance. Overall it may be better to use longrangeunits if experiencing freezes.
1 Aug 2014, 10:30 AM

Don't use Jacksons. Actually, probably just don't play US in general, as their tanks have so little HP and need to be watched closely.

Right!
1 Aug 2014, 11:32 AM

Get Rifle Company and abuse the hell out of it, works well atm.
1 Aug 2014, 14:46 PM

CoH2 has NO place accusing players' system requirements when it cannot even run properly on the best systems money can buy.

weird, runs fine on high settings on my one year old 500 euro pc.
1 Aug 2014, 14:51 PM

I rather freeze than play like this. Its to booring. Thanks for advice though :)

At least you win every single match in this *balanced* game, lol
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS