Login

russian armor

Ultra bad allies?

31 Jul 2014, 15:25 PM

Ok im getting sick of this now...........

Why do i always get ultra bad allies in random 2v2 but i see the top 10 players get decent ones? Sometimes they are even teamed together?!!!

9/10 of my games im matched with totally idiots, i get into the top 10 then BOOM all the way back down to rank 20-40 due to silly noobs who have no idea what they are doing............

Ive just lost a 14 win streak to a 2v1, the enemies allie left and it was bascially GG but my allie just derped around and lost us the game!!! FFS!

Yes it makes me mad i wish these fuckers would piss of and go play skirmish.........
31 Jul 2014, 15:28 PM

yea team games are a pain in the ass with this automatcher. it likes to put one noob in with good players. whatever team gets that moron is gg. try 4v4. you thought there were retards in 2v2...

i really wish relic would tune the automatcher so that it sets up games that have all around the same skill level of players.
31 Jul 2014, 15:30 PM

You don't play 2v2 RT to win.

You play it to have a questionable fun and do silly shit.

If you want to play team games to win, get a reliable team mate.

Really, no other option.
31 Jul 2014, 15:35 PM

Its a broken automatch system where you'll see organized teams (like the teams you're coming up against) being able to play against a team of non-coordinated randoms.

Its not fun and its not fair - often I'll just random 2 v 2 for fun and come up against a team made up of pro streamers etc and I'll just drop, whats the point?

The real issue is the player pool is that small that they can't filter the arranged teams from the random populace as then you'd wait 20 minutes for a game.
31 Jul 2014, 15:35 PM

I feel your pain, it is even worse when your ally drops 2 minutes into a game and you are left with shit for brains AI.
31 Jul 2014, 15:37 PM

Look for a clan man, than you don't have to play random 2v2's.
31 Jul 2014, 15:38 PM

Ever heard of the "Add Friend" button?

Should check it out one of these days.

Nice bragpost. 14 streak not bad.

Yeah it is pretty bad. Several times I've had allies drop just because they would lose 1 or 2 squads.

As said above, best thing to do would be to find a reliable teammate that you could AT with.
31 Jul 2014, 15:43 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

I dunno, this doesn't really happen to me. Usually I get a competent teammate. If I lose, I can usually take a reasonable portion of the blame.
31 Jul 2014, 15:57 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Jul 2014, 15:38 PMiDolize
Ever heard of the "Add Friend" button?

Should check it out one of these days.

The problem with the COH2 user interface is that its "cold" - there's no lobby for pre game chat etc like vCOH where a report can be established to the point where you go "Hey - I like this player - I'll add them".

You DO get some friends through the current system, but good ones are few and far between.
31 Jul 2014, 15:59 PM

This happens all the time. Half the time, it's not even that the other team is outplaying you that you lose. Random 4v4 is the worst when 1-2 ally never makes it past the loading screen or leaves after losing that first engagement. Add the infuriating freezing / lagging bug into the mix and have yourself a gg.

Not necessarily complaining since I know what to expect from large team games, but it's really difficult to ladder up / build up any decent win streak with crap like that stacked against you.

Apart from 1v1, play these random modes to test out strategy and for casual fun unless you want test your luck with RNG, which it seems like it was in your favor for a while if you did amass a +14 win streak.
31 Jul 2014, 16:07 PM

Im already with an allie in the top 10 2v2 AT but i like to play random too but its just luck who wins :|

I mean WTF?

My last game just now i got this scrub who had 75 kills 169 losses..........

Basically i had my full side while he did fuck all and lose us the game.

The solution is not to play AT as thats a totally different ladder, the solution is to fix fucking random 2v2 and stop giving me idiots who havent played the game before :\

OFC random 4v4 will be worse 4v4 is for noobs anyways, 1v1 and 2v2 are the only serious ranked imo, 4v4 is not balanced in anyway at all, its just a cheese fest kinda game for casuals.

2v2 and 1v1 are pretty much balanced except them kats, fuck me, alls i see is sov every game now haha.
31 Jul 2014, 16:13 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Jul 2014, 15:43 PMRomeo
I dunno, this doesn't really happen to me. Usually I get a competent teammate. If I lose, I can usually take a reasonable portion of the blame.

^^^This
But this is a benefit of that top 500ish ELO i'd assume. Dont know how the matchmaker works.

I always try my absoulute best to help my teammate whenever and in whatever way possible.

If he's strugglin' send him an MG or something after u take your side.
Tell him to remain calm and keep his units alive if he's not doing well or being doubled.

However. There are times when I get matched with some noob from Namek or something and they refuse to listen or help themselves,so they do stupid sh*t like building 5 mortars or conscript blobbing against the OKW,and then proceed to drop after 10 mins of feeding the enemy Vet and giving them fuel..

Theres nothing you can do about that except keep attemping to win until your ELO gets high enough that you get good teammates with a decently high enough rate.

you can only focus on winning your side in total dominating fashion(which obviously doesnt always happen),and then shift to help them ASAP.

I enjoy playing random 2v2s. Its a great challenge since you cant ALWAYS rely on your teammate and its Awwwwwwwwwshum when you have a great teammate that u work together well with randomly.. Its how i met some of my best friends on coh2.
31 Jul 2014, 16:27 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

You just have to accept that sometimes part of ranking up in 2v2 random is carrying your teammate. You won't make it to the top if you can't do that. Winning your side isn't enough; you have to win both sides.

I realize that against good players this is impossible. That's why nobody in 2v2 random that's played more than like ten games has some insane 95% win percentage like the top 1v1 players do.
31 Jul 2014, 16:51 PM

Sagwa is in the top 1 for all factions for 2v2 almost, everytime ive faced him he has a decent allie...............

Hes korean and more than once ive seen him with another korean so does region depend on who you are matched with?

Sometimes i get people who dont even speak english :\

Ive beat sagwa many times too, ive knocked him from ranked 1 3 times already but he just keeps climbing back up due to getting super lucky with allies..............
31 Jul 2014, 17:49 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

2v2 Random has always produced more than its fair share of bizarre 'experiences'.

As others have already stated, the only assured way to play it successfully without too many odd incidents, is to find a good partner or join a clan. I suppose you could ask the Admin if they would create a meeting place for like-minded souls to say hello, with a view to teaming up? Iirc, this was a possibility under vCoH on the old board.
31 Jul 2014, 18:02 PM

2v2 Random has always produced more than its fair share of bizarre 'experiences'.

As others have already stated, the only assured way to play it successfully without too many odd incidents, is to find a good partner or join a clan. I suppose you could ask the Admin if they would create a meeting place for like-minded souls to say hello, with a view to teaming up? Iirc, this was a possibility under vCoH on the old board.

This doesnt solve anything though, im currently in the top 10 with my friend.

The random ladder is different to a teamed ladder so it doesnt change anything.

Also i cant just wait around for my friend all the time i like to play on my own too.

The system needs to match people similar skilled to you, not give 1 team a balanced well skilled team and the next team a decent player with an utter noob..........

I mean i rarely fight noobs but am always matched with them for allies :\ i truly do have bad luck in random 2v2!!
31 Jul 2014, 18:20 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Jul 2014, 18:02 PMShadow

This doesnt solve anything though, im currently in the top 10 with my friend.

The random ladder is different to a teamed ladder so it doesnt change anything.

Also i cant just wait around for my friend all the time i like to play on my own too.

The system needs to match people similar skilled to you, not give 1 team a balanced well skilled team and the next team a decent player with an utter noob..........

I mean i rarely fight noobs but am always matched with them for allies :\ i truly do have bad luck in random 2v2!!

I feel your pain, Shadow. :(

But I am not going to lie to you: Random 2v2 is what it is,as you (and most others) have experienced. It is pot luck....and it always has been. You are at least fortunate, in that you have a regular AT M8 upon whom you can rely.

Have you considered 1v1 when he is not available? :unsure:
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 2
Korea, Republic Of 0

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak