Login

russian armor

What is the best way to manage my economy?

31 Jul 2014, 04:32 AM

Hi, i was wondering what is the best way to manage my economy. As in economy i'm referring man power, ammunition and fuel. I know that a game is divided in to 3 parts. Early game, mid game and late game. Each part has a different style of managing the economy. I have tried and search for guides and tips but i couldn't find anything. If you know an effective way on how best to manage the economy in a game, feel free to leave a reply :). (P.S this goes for all the 4 factions)
31 Jul 2014, 09:41 AM

I'm not really sure what you mean by managing your economy. You'll generally want to spend your fuel and manpower as fast as possible into the units that you need. Early game fuel usually goes into teching (a battle phase, building, or an officer). Later you spend you fuel on a unit that you want the moment you have enough. Munitions can be used for mines, off-maps, unit upgrades or artillery; this also depends on how a game flows. Building caches (or using conversion for OKW) can help, but this is usually only recommended mid, or late game when you have too much manpower, or help certain strategies.
31 Jul 2014, 13:53 PM

Yeah, the most important thing is to spend it. Floating any resource doesn't help you, so unless you are saving for a specific unit like an IS2 or a Tiger etc, don't be afraid to spend your resources. It's better to convert them into units than having it banked up.

If you're saving up for an ISU-152 for example, you might be sitting on 400 Manpower and 200 Fuel. If you can see that your MP income is +240 but fuel is only +30 you may as well spend that MP on some infantry while you wait, because you'll build that MP back by the time you can afford the fuel.
31 Jul 2014, 21:18 PM

Well the thing is that let's say in the early game you loose a squad. now you have just lost 240 MP is it good to get that same unit you lost or save up for something else? an example would be let's say your playing Ostheer you made 4 grens and an mg now suddenly you lost 1 or 2 grens.
Now is it a good idea to replenish the infantry lost or simply tech up to tier 1 building and go for something else like Panzergrenadier or a halftrack. teching to tier 1 cost 200 MP and 45 fuel and the building cost 120 and 15 fuel and the panzer grenadier cost 340 MP. So that's a total of 660 MP and 60 fuel. Now i just lost 480 mp i'm left with 2 grens a pioneer and an mg so what could be the best option here do i replenish my lost infantry or do i tech up and get something else? These are the type's of situations that i deal with in most of my games.
1 Aug 2014, 19:24 PM

^ In that kind of situation it's really going to depend on what your opponent is doing, or what you expect him to do.

How did you lose those two squads of grens for example? Was it due to a tank? Then invest that money in teching up so you can get some good anti-tank.

Did you lose it to lots of conscripts or shock troops? Maybe go for an MG42 and another Gren squad to counter his infantry.

It also depends on the time of the match and what you've seen etc. If it's towards mid game it might be better to cut your losses and start teching since if you don't you might get left behind while your opponent starts getting armour out.
1 Aug 2014, 19:27 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

@ Op

Please throw up a replay,so that we do not flounder in speculation.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★