Login

russian armor

Army Choice

30 Jul 2014, 13:42 PM

I want to try my hand at 1v1 Ranked again. After taking a good look at all the armies, I know one thing: I dislike the feel of the USF. Other than that, i'm at an impasse.
And since I know the basics of all the armies, I want to focus on one of them for now.
Any advice on how to make that decision?
30 Jul 2014, 13:44 PM

You should play both equally.

Don't be a fanboi.
30 Jul 2014, 14:58 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

What modes were you playing, compstomp or teamgame modes ? If the 2nd, at which level?

If you don´t want to start as US, play Soviets. If you are "brave", go OH. If you have balls, go OKW.
m00
30 Jul 2014, 15:19 PM
Donator 11

I think it's far easier to learn how to play axis over allies, not saying they are better by any means. Just easier to learn and play in my experience.
30 Jul 2014, 15:28 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Jul 2014, 15:19 PMm00
I think it's far easier to learn how to play axis over allies, not saying they are better by any means. Just easier to learn and play in my experience.

You are right, but he said he has some sort of experience with all the factions.
30 Jul 2014, 15:36 PM

If you want to choose among a variety of strategies: Soviets or Ost.

If you want to spam shit and move a HUGE horde of infantry around the map: USF or OKW.
30 Jul 2014, 15:48 PM

I would try to learn at least one army from both Axis and Allies, if only because it makes finding a match that much easier (90% searching as Axis? Choose your Allied team. 85% searching as Allies? Choose your Axis team).

More importantly it also gives you an understanding of the match-up better and will help you play the game, and give you exposure to different armies. You might find that you like playing Soviets more than playing Wermacht for example, simply because you've been playing them a lot more and learning more about them.

In terms of choosing armies, I would either do some 1v1 against the AI, even on easy difficulty to learn what their tech is, and to try out their units. Use all the armies and see which one feels the most interesting to you and which is the most fun.

I would suggest maybe reading some basic guides or asking some simple questions on the forum to get the basics down then dive straight into 1v1 Match-making. You'll start off fighting people much better and much worse than you until the match-making get's a feel for your skill level. Don't get upset and don't get angry about balance, at this point it will hardly matter as you'll (and your opponents) will still be learning everything your army offers. If something seems really unfair or tough, again, ask some questions on how to deal with it, most of the time there might be an answer you weren't aware of.

31 Jul 2014, 16:51 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

Soviets
31 Jul 2014, 18:20 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Jul 2014, 16:51 PMRomeo
Soviets

Agreed.

OKW can be messy to figure out what you can and can't do with it, and is really punishing when you mess up.

Ostheer is set up so that you have a pretty narrow route of what you can or can't build to be effective. The general list being grens with lmgs, maybe an MG42 or two, paks, P4s, and doctrinal call in tank.

Soviets have a decent amount of wiggle room and a variety of routes to build off of.

Though, honestly, I'd say if you're set on 1v1's, you should really give USF a try unless you just have no desire for that.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 29
Peru 14
unknown 7
United States 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %