Login

russian armor

Comparison of Kat & Stuka after heavy usage

PAGES (7)down
30 Jul 2014, 21:17 PM

Katiusha was a big piece of rubbish before this patch, now it's OP because Relic decided to increase damage to 160, in my opinion 120 damage is enought for katiusha to be a proper arty unit

Exactly. Nothing more is needed.
30 Jul 2014, 21:21 PM

More is needed.

Needs both a damage reduction and cooldown reduction. Why should soviets have 1-minute mobile arty but noone else?

Especially when soviets have the best of all the doctrine artillery as well?

Ekh tsk tsk.
30 Jul 2014, 21:28 PM

Orginal Kat was fine. New Kat not fine. Last Kat trash. Seems like an easy fix to me.

Please stop overbuffing/nerfing Relic.

Its not an affront to your ego to say "We made a mistake we overnerfed it" and revert said nerf.

Please stop reinventing the wheel. Thanks :)
30 Jul 2014, 21:30 PM

More is needed.

Needs both a damage reduction and cooldown reduction. Why should soviets have 1-minute mobile arty but noone else?

Especially when soviets have the best of all the doctrine artillery as well?

Ekh tsk tsk.

You might want to build panzerwerfer and see how it works this patch.
You'll be surprised.
30 Jul 2014, 23:05 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Jul 2014, 16:50 PMPorygon
Replay: and versus the famous Katitoff personally

Even he ignore my words, his personally experience can just tell :)

It was only single Katyusha as well. Imagine the damage with two of these.
Right now it looks like - rocket on target - squad wiped, weapon killed and there are 4 salvos, 4 rockets each?
31 Jul 2014, 00:05 AM

I stop playing this game until Katyusha crap is fixed.

Where is the fix Relic? Surely even you can see how broken this unit is and yes of course I am angry after yet another lost game in which this unit carried Soviet team to victory. This time I destroyed at least 5 of them and had BOTH fuels secured for our team majority of the game? You think that was enough?
Nope, they were able to build one after another. The moment I killed one there was another one in its place. Who knows, maybe I prevented spam after all.

No really, I repeat my request. Can a developer come here and explain thought process behind recent change to this unit? Why didn't you revert it to the state before the major nerf when it was fine.
31 Jul 2014, 00:12 AM

We got too much fanboy in this theard. People need to calm the fuck down and talk reason a bit.

1 ) Stuka is a effective anti-static troops ( Example: AT gun, Mg, Mortar, Unit in building ). So yeah, it's bad new if you are Russian and spam MG + mortar and stuff. As USF player with mobile Rifleman, I never got a problem with this thing.

- Stuka AOE is the smallest: Sometimes if you stand next to the barrage line mostly you will be fine or maybe lost 10% health. It may got crazy damage against infantry + vehicles but not a mass AOE like the 2 counterpart from Rus + Ostheer

- It only fire in 1 straight line: You can see the barrage direction after the first 2 rounds hit and unless you blob, it's easy to get out of the way.

- It got the longest cool down: As a American player in both 1v1 and 2v2, I laugh my ass off when enemy go for Stuka because I know they just waste 100 fuels to try to kill me.

- It got the best health: Sure why not ? It's 100 fuels for the fuel starve OKW faction. Going for that thing in mid game meaning he will have less vehicles on the field. Going for that thing in late game is kinda... not effective anymore ? and 2 shot is nothing much if you want to chase it down.

My " personal opinion ": Stuka is fine as it is. To be a perfect counter to static units, it trade the speed, cool down, AOE for that. If you gonna blob, keep your distance between units.

2) Katchusa at this moment is not trash like before patch: This is something every Russian will want to go for.

- This is a force retreat weapon: Not like the Panzerwelfer counterpart that will fire all of the rocket into 1 area, Katchusa fire rapidly into 1 position so it can force you to retreat that blob or keep moving up. You stay still you gonna die boy.

- Katchusa can counter both Static unit and moving unit: An OKW AT gun deciced to hide in the building ? Time for Katchusa barrage. If after that he still in there then he's 90% dead.

- It can fire more accuracy when you want: If you see an enemy heavy tank like Jadtiger, King Tiger or Elephant, you can use ability to fire more accuracy so enemy will have to move back. Trust me, you will want to move or say good bye to 20% health.

Personal Opinion: Katchusa is NOT FINE BEFORE PATCH OR AFTER PATCH. Before patch this is a piece of shit nobody likes and after patch it became so good. To be able to take down a 80% health Panther should not be happening. Katchusa need change for it FAST but NEVER EVER NERF it to the ground like before patch.

3) Panzerwelfer at the moment is not using by most of the Ostheer players: Tier 4 is too costly and not effective. Also, it fire 1 times only so it's a better counter blob weapon than the Katchusa but not really do much against enemy vehicles. Do you ever move your ISU during the Panzerwelfer hit ? Not really because it like an ant tries to kill a Elephant: Not much damage to you.

This thing is better counter blob but worse against vehicles or stationary weapon team.
31 Jul 2014, 00:34 AM

Where is the fix Relic? Surely even you can see how broken this unit is and yes of course I am angry after yet another lost game in which this unit carried Soviet team to victory. This time I destroyed at least 5 of them and had BOTH fuels secured for our team majority of the game? You think that was enough?
Nope, they were able to build one after another. The moment I killed one there was another one in its place. Who knows, maybe I prevented spam after all.

No really, I repeat my request. Can a developer come here and explain thought process behind recent change to this unit? Why didn't you revert it to the state before the major nerf when it was fine.

If you really lost while destroying the equivalent of 500 fuel while holding both fuel points, I have no idea what to say to you. How the hell did he/they get 5 Kats out + the tanks they would need to have in the first place if their fuel income is realistically below 20?
31 Jul 2014, 00:37 AM
31 Jul 2014, 00:55 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Fuel caches.

5 Katyushkas fielded by 2 guys or just 1 ?
What were you doing with the "extra" mp spent on caches?
31 Jul 2014, 01:50 AM

5 Katyushkas fielded by 2 guys or just 1 ?
What were you doing with the "extra" mp spent on caches?

Or just Lend Lense fuel drop / Windustry

5 Kat by double Soviet in Semois is very viable.
You can't even pass the choke reaching the Kat blob.
31 Jul 2014, 01:51 AM

Fuel caches.

Cannot replace fuel points, costing MP and providing less gas, as well as being very easily destructible late game. By your own admission you had total fuel dominance all game and inflicted heavy losses on the opposition (5 Kat is like 1500MP 500F!). Unless it was a 3v3/4v4, there's no way you should have lost to those odds if you hadn't thrown the game away.

The Katyusha is OP, yes. It does not, however, mean any Axis loss is due to them. They do not win games if they are being destroyed in such numbers. Unless, again, your opponents outplayed you and came back.

I play a good amount of Ostheer in 2v2. I owe some losses to Katyushas, yes. I also managed to beat them. It's tough, but very doable. They are very powerful, but they sure as hell aren't an excuse for every loss against Soviets. Especially in 1v1.
31 Jul 2014, 02:29 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Jul 2014, 01:50 AMPorygon

Or just Lend Lense fuel drop / Windustry

5 Kat by double Soviet in Semois is very viable.
You can't even pass the choke reaching the Kat blob.

lol @ fuel drop & "windustry"

Fuel drop gets instantly killed by free OKW base AA guns

Plant a couple AT mines and the t34 spam is completely wrecked
31 Jul 2014, 02:36 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Jul 2014, 02:29 AMArclyte

lol @ fuel drop & "windustry"

Fuel drop gets instantly killed by free OKW base AA guns

Plant a couple AT mines and the t34 spam is completely wrecked

How many times do we need to repeat

the OKW base AA emplacement did nothing to planes?
so as the Luftwaffe AA emplacement
The only thing from OKW able to shoot down planes,

- 251 AAHT
- T3 Flak Truck
- Ostwind
- Panzer top mount MG34/42
31 Jul 2014, 05:53 AM

Apropos, last night I think I saw one of the worst combos. Katiushas are broken? Hah! Here this:

2v2 game (2 sovs vs 2 okw). On the field: 2 katiushas, 1 B4 and constant recon plane unkillable by the T4 flack cannon.

If it wasn't for the balistic weapons, they wouldn't won, and I'm sure of it. My infantry was 80% killed by katiushas near t2. My pak 43 was killed by one B4 shot. My PzII was killed by a katiusha rocket (not su85, not t34, not PTRS, not mine, etc).

If this combo holds the line for 10 minutes in start game no okw combo can beat it. They become stronger by minute while you progressively loose your army to their ballistic weapons. As okw you cannot build to many tanks to try to break the line, so... you're doomed. Oh, i almost forgot: The wuhrframen was killed by a B4 strike (just in case someone will ask why didn't one of you build that unit).
31 Jul 2014, 06:48 AM

wtf katyusha just nuked my t4 flak to death in 1 salvo. i havent been complaining yet, but this...
if the stuka is overperforming then the kat is a fucking doomsday device out of hitlers nightmares
31 Jul 2014, 06:57 AM

Ettelbruck station is a bad example since there is very little movement required for a Katyusha to be able to shell the entire map. Other than the obvious imbalances on Ettelbruck, Katyushas are pretty strong now but they were useless before. I say let the community have some time to adjust to the new Katyusha before Relic should adjust anything.
31 Jul 2014, 07:00 AM

Ettelbruck station is a bad example since there is very little movement required for a Katyusha to be able to shell the entire map. Other than the obvious imbalances on Ettelbruck, Katyushas are pretty strong now but they were useless before. I say let the community have some time to adjust to the new Katyusha before Relic should adjust anything.

Are you suggesting a total open map would make Katyusha less lethal?

If you don't mind I would show you personally in Crossing in the Wood, welcome to the Katyusha raping party.

PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS