Login

russian armor

Comparison of Kat & Stuka after heavy usage

PAGES (7)down
30 Jul 2014, 03:18 AM

Disclaimer: This thread is going to talk about 2v2

I have been played a lot of 2v2 arranged team recently of double Soviet and mixed Axis after patched. All I could conclude, the game is deadly broken now. There is no fun playing as Axis unless you love watching your whole army getting themselves blown in dust by untouchable supreme mobile artillery, and there is no fun playing as Allies because you know you gonna win at 10 mins mark whatsoever.

So everyone should know the AOE of Walking Stuka is a line of creeping barrage, anything out of this thin line would be unharmed. Therefore, unless the Allies squad or support weapon is clumped up so tightly or they didn't remember to repair their weapon, or they garrison something in a building, Stuka CANNOT squad wipe. While playing as Soviet, I don't even give a shit to Stuka because while I hear that sound, I can just my most important units an inch forward or backward, they would be unharmed.

As point of view while playing OKW, my Stuka primary targets are garrisonable buildings, advancing blob and USF forward retreat point. Firing at those target can make sure it kills something, but still seldom squad wipe unless it is a big blob. The cooldown is so long you really need to think before you launch. But when facing the Katyusha, IT IS A BIG DISASTER.

Back to talking about experience of playing Soviet, you can mess around by spamming some usual maxim T2 units or have some fun wiping lone squad with flamer M3, then around 10 mins mark, unless you are totally outplayed, losing all fuel and VPs, Allies have won because of the Kat. This can be achieved even earlier with Lend Lease or Windustry.

Here is the receipt:

(1) Spend 80% of munis into mines, MINE ALL DA ROADS
(2) Prepare a Zis, or a AT nade equipped Cons, or Star Wars tractor beam Guards, overwatching THE MOST unlikely route
(3) Get T4 and Katyusha, one or two, the rain of death ASAP
(4) Fire at every German you spotted

You don't need to care, are they blobing or what, or a fog of war blocking your sight, just click a screen size red circle of death there, there would be more than 90% casualty even they retreat instantly after the first rocket is landed. The AOE is so large you can even squad wipe the biggest German squad Panzerfusilier. It will be even more disastrous while you click on the OKW medic truck, there would be very likely someone (even the Ostheer troops) chilling around the truck waiting for healing, they can't even repair the truck because another volley can wipe that Sturmpio up. 2-3 volley (mostly 2) can knock out the truck. The Katyusha vet so easily and the cooldown is so low, you don't even need to think before you click the rain of death.

2 Katyusha can win the war alone.

When there is German advance, click on it.
When there is German retreat, click on it.
When there is a German truck, click on it.
When there is a German cache, click on it.
When there is German stealing VP, click on it.
When there is a German occupied house, click on it.
When there is German S-mine, click on it.
When there is an Ostheer base, click on it.
When there is German repairing their panzers, click on it.
When there is nothing more to shoot, never-mind, click on it.

Yeah, you just need clicks to win the game, even more easier than A-move blob, GG wp Relic.

Replay: and versus the famous Katitoff personally

Even he ignore my words, his personally experience can just tell :)
30 Jul 2014, 03:42 AM

Yesterday, one of my Panzer IV left battle feild, having 160 HP (1 shot for most tanks to destroy it), then it was detroyed by Katyusha 's barrage, btw, the repairing pioneers also were wiped out...
30 Jul 2014, 04:05 AM

Bravo, idk should i laugh or cry.

Katy must be nerfed back to 120 damage and 4 AoE or 80 damage and 6 AoE. Whoever decided to give it 160 damage and 6 AoE was... well, lets say he not learned his lesson from isu fail buff.
30 Jul 2014, 04:36 AM

stuka can win the war alone.

When there is allies advance, click on it.
When there is allies retreat, click on it.
When there is a allies truck, click on it.
When there is a allies cache, click on it.
When there is allies stealing VP, click on it.
When there is a allies occupied house, click on it.
When there is allies S-mine, click on it.
When there is an allies base, click on it.
When there is allies repairing their panzers, click on it.
30 Jul 2014, 04:43 AM

And it will be on cooldown :D
30 Jul 2014, 05:23 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Jul 2014, 04:36 AMatwar
stuka can win the war alone.

When there is allies advance, click on it.
When there is allies retreat, click on it.
When there is a allies truck, click on it.
When there is a allies cache, click on it.
When there is allies stealing VP, click on it.
When there is a allies occupied house, click on it.
When there is allies S-mine, click on it.
When there is an allies base, click on it.
When there is allies repairing their panzers, click on it.

Uhg.
30 Jul 2014, 06:23 AM

Permanently Banned
THe funny thing is no one complained about Katyusha and they buffed it into a nuclear bomb with MIRV capability.

But again nothing new with Relic. Buffing allies and nerfing axis
30 Jul 2014, 06:27 AM

I now fear Katyusha more than I fear the ISU :S

Seriously it looks like it got overbuffed.
30 Jul 2014, 06:59 AM

THe funny thing is no one complained about Katyusha and they buffed it into a nuclear bomb with MIRV capability.

But again nothing new with Relic. Buffing allies and nerfing axis

Don't get me wrong, it needs fix. And as quick as possible.

But you are not serious (again)? Nobody complained?

It was a useless piece of shit before HUGE BUFF. It just never hit and even if it hit it didn't kill anyone. Or have you forgotten this (last big patch, 17th June)?

Yes please fix it but make it atleast somewhat useful.
30 Jul 2014, 07:26 AM

Everytime they release a patch they dont even bother testing it. What kind of service is that? All they do is keep milking with DLCs and make money. They dont care.

And everytime there is something so fucking broken from soviet. Maxim, Shocks, ISU, Katy.
WHY IS IT ALWAYS SOVIET!!! GIVE OSTHEER SOME OP STUFF FOR ONCE!!!!

Relic is a bunch of retards with an IQ of a 3-year old WHO HATES GERMAN. period.

Someone wasnt here for march deployment, Elite Troops release, and everything prior.

I do think it is over the top, but i hope its remains more useful than it was before. That wasnt rocket artillery. That was an infantry TICKLER.
30 Jul 2014, 07:59 AM

Well true, but thats the bizarre thing and a recurring theme unfortunately: Virtually useless before...undoubtedly overpowered after! Balancing with a sledgehammer.
30 Jul 2014, 08:03 AM

Katiusha was a big piece of rubbish before this patch, now it's OP because Relic decided to increase damage to 160, in my opinion 120 damage is enought for katiusha to be a proper arty unit
30 Jul 2014, 08:05 AM

Katyusha was a useless piece of junk before the buff, now it was buffed a bit too much, Relic doesn't seem to know how to take baby steps in their balancing.

I'd like to see Katyusha and stuka brought in line with other mobile arty in the game.
30 Jul 2014, 08:58 AM

Don't let me start on Katyushas. The unit was fine back in the day and then for some reasons Relic decided to nerf it into useless unit and after that they buffed it into OP unit it is now.
I don't understand Relics logic. Really I don't. I would like for someone from balance team to come and explain how they came up with this decision as I simply can't understand it.
What's more this unit still hasn't been adjusted despite its recent performance so it makes me wonder.
I lost multiple games against opponents that were much worse than me only because salvo after salvo of Katyusha barrage was able to destroy my Vetted army without any effort. Suddenly no one plays into call ins anymore despite earlier reassurances that this is the only way for Soviets to win.

Yes, I am getting frustrated. I don't think I won a single game when Katyusha was used on the opposite team.
30 Jul 2014, 09:08 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Jul 2014, 08:05 AMaradim
Katyusha was a useless piece of junk before the buff, now it was buffed a bit too much, Relic doesn't seem to know how to take baby steps in their balancing.

I'd like to see Katyusha and stuka brought in line with other mobile arty in the game.

I saw this suggestion, and i thought it was decent because it would still be much better than it was before:
"Katyusha
-damage needs to be reduced from 160 to 100 and AoE reduced from 6 to 5"

And the Stuka zu Fuss is terrible compared to what other rocket artillery does. Its creeping barrage sucks. Precision is not meant for rocket artillery. Rocket artillery saturates a large area and kills off within its barrage. One does not simply side-step rocket artillery, unless its the stuka zu fuss. I can, and did, aim at 3 riflemen in a row capping a VP. I shoot the creeping barrage, and the line of riflemen simply move up 10 meters, and no one gets hurt. Uh... try doing that against a katyusha/panzerwerfer barrage. Except now i wait 2 minutes for a wasted barrage. Its only 6 rockets that land 2 by 2, and the best it can do is flatten buildings. Its not like artillery being able to flatten buildings in one barrage is anything new.

Id rather it be like the incendiary barrage where the 6 rockets saturate a circular area - at least then it wont be dodgeable.

30 Jul 2014, 09:09 AM

Plenty of people complained about it previously, along with the Panzerwerfer. Both vehicles in their previous state were underperforming. Katyusha is (according to the forums) now overperforming. However to set it back to where it was before would be a poor decision. We can only hope they give a modest buff to the Pzwerfer soon to help make T4 more viable.
30 Jul 2014, 11:04 AM

If I'm not wrong the guy name Lenny ? put down a mine on the road, a OKW Panther FULL HEALTH cross it=> lost engine.

He then start dumping 1 katchusa volley into the Panther => Panther dead, don't even need a AT gun or another AT nade or something.

Fuck Axis for now, time for Allies :D.
30 Jul 2014, 11:58 AM

Katyusha killed my Panther as well one game. Full health, vet2 caught into barrage, died shortly after.
30 Jul 2014, 12:04 PM

Nerf katyusha and stuka and bring it in line with panzerwefer

Panzerwerfer is a good example of how rocket arty should be. You just don't see them because of how much it costs to get to t4. Reduce fuel cost for ostheer teching and increase fuel cost of ostheer buildings.
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS