Login

russian armor

US faction able to go at will over population cap (normal?)

30 Jul 2014, 13:30 PM

Please Katitof, stop with that. Because you didnt see it, that dosent mean that it happens and it matters. Not only the Pros have the right to do this, if a noob plays against another noob, it can matter.

So again, Please STOP!!!

If two noobs dish out at each other, then balance is the absolutely last thing that is being concerned there.

Thats like saying "guns have trouble killing people, because blinds can't aim them right"

There is way too many threads on balance forum only because one faction only 4v4 heroes of 20k rank struggle against something.

I don't consider issues that don't exist in competitive play as real issues, because they are not.
Hell, you have a Noun here saying that its design decision, not a bug and you still argue.
30 Jul 2014, 13:37 PM

Anything else you want to give allied nations an advantage of. Or is there more to come. Because atm its ridiculous. /sarcasm

Look at the win rate %s of top players. Atm soviets and US dominating and you continue to do nothing to help axis. LOL

To me it seems like "we didnt think about it but when designed this feature but prettend its okay"
30 Jul 2014, 13:49 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Jul 2014, 13:30 PMKatitof

Hell, you have a Noun here saying that its design decision, not a bug and you still argue.

My bad, i didn't see Noun had replied about the issue. Well, he didn't say if they ever plan to change that design, i guess they will if it is being exploited too much.
30 Jul 2014, 15:03 PM

If two noobs dish out at each other, then balance is the absolutely last thing that is being concerned there.

Thats like saying "guns have trouble killing people, because blinds can't aim them right"

There is way too many threads on balance forum only because one faction only 4v4 heroes of 20k rank struggle against something.

I don't consider issues that don't exist in competitive play as real issues, because they are not.

Ok, let stick only to the competitive side of the game. You never saw a replay where both (pro)players where near popcap? Dont you think one Shermen or Jackson could make the difference? Still no? Then i rest my case!

Not to mention 2v2s which are also competitive. 1v1 is more important but it does not running the show.

Noun just explains it to the one he quoted and that fact that they know it, doesnt change the fact that it is there and they should look in to it.
Remeber the word noun wrote, it was "choice" but not "intention".

30 Jul 2014, 16:09 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Exponential mp upkeep raise after 100popcap.
30 Jul 2014, 16:56 PM

I've made further tests in 2vs2 and 3vs3 with my clan-mates and i say the US faction is broken as that can be exploited to easily. Last game, i had 139 pop cap only because i stopped myself as my friends were really piss off...

Please Relic do something because only 3 factions a realistically playable now.

Thank you, and sorry i had to point out that exploit.
30 Jul 2014, 16:57 PM

Ok, let stick only to the competitive side of the game. You never saw a replay where both (pro)players where near popcap? Dont you think one Shermen or Jackson could make the difference? Still no? Then i rest my case!

Not to mention 2v2s which are also competitive. 1v1 is more important but it does not running the show.

Noun just explains it to the one he quoted and that fact that they know it, doesnt change the fact that it is there and they should look in to it.
Remeber the word noun wrote, it was "choice" but not "intention".

Thanks for your support
thanks.
30 Jul 2014, 17:22 PM

Test it plz and you see that it is a huge problem.
thanks.

I am on your side man !!!
30 Jul 2014, 17:26 PM

I am on your side man !!!

Sorry it was for Katitof... my bad
30 Jul 2014, 17:29 PM

Plz test it yourself and you will see that problem is unacceptable in a game of such quality.
Don't be selfish, it's for the sake of our favorite game.
Thank you.
30 Jul 2014, 17:38 PM

Plz test it yourself and you will see that problem is unacceptable in a game of such quality.
Don't be selfish, it's for the sake of our favorite game.
Thank you.

Its pretty much impossible to do in 1v1.
In 2v2, where I play, you never have the resources to get you to 100 popcap during equal opponents matchup due to attrition, not to mention getting over it.

Its possible only in 3v3.4v4 spamfests where it doesn't matter what players do.

If you can do it below 4v4, it means you have won already some time ago and it wouldn't change jack.
30 Jul 2014, 17:57 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Jul 2014, 17:38 PMKatitof

In 2v2, where I play, you never have the resources to get you to 100 popcap during equal opponents matchup due to attrition, not to mention getting over it.

If you can do it below 4v4, it means you have won already some time ago and it wouldn't change jack.
Even in 3v3 or 4v4 if a player has enough resources to get to 100 pop cap then that side already has a huge lead and has pretty much already won. Momentum is even more important in large team games then it is for 1v1 or 2v2.
30 Jul 2014, 18:07 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Jul 2014, 17:38 PMKatitof

So your basically saying that pop cap don't matter ?

Then why light German AA def emplacement as a pop cap of 4 ?
They should remove the pop cap for all factions since the US don't have one ? When it's broken, it's broken.
Who like to have a broken game ?
Think man, that game is already very hard to balance, why such blatant thing should stay as is now ?
Will it take a top 50 player to win a 1vs1 tournament using it to have it fixed ? i hope not.
Better prevent it then having to fix it after the damage is done ...
Thank you.
30 Jul 2014, 18:13 PM

So your basically saying that pop cap don't matter ?

No, I'm saying going over popcap doesn't matter, because its not really possible in the competitive part of the game as you hardly ever get to 100 pop.

-german AA emplacement
Because it is technically a weapon team, it can be crewed, healed and sniped.

And yes, it probably will need top 50 player to win 1v1 tournament to get it fixed, because then it would mean its actually an issue.

For the time being, its not. All kind of weirdest crap goes in 4v4, its part of the mode due to resource inflation and much less reliance on what single player does.
30 Jul 2014, 18:39 PM

I re state exactly what I said on page 1 of this thread.

No fix does not punish legitimate play.

Not allowing capture at full pop has all sorts of problems.
*Vehicle crews and auto-squad reinforcing mean you can accidentally lock yourself out of your own tank.
*A lot of weapon teams have more pop cap per man than basic infantry- you become incapable of picking up a weapon team you legitimately want to steal.
*De-crewing an enemy tank that would take you over pop cap is now impossible, you have no choice but to destroy something you legitimately want and have earned because lol arbitrary restrictions.
*Not allowing re-crew at 101 stops any combination of the above happening. Want to steal a few 120mm mortars your opponent has just lost? No can do.

You try fix a largely irrelevant gimmick and restrict actual players doing legitimate things. This entire issue is a joke and why do people even care.

(Also tying pop cap to the vehicle crew is really bad because it means trying to preserve your crews cripples your economy, so cut that nonsense out before you suggest it)

(Also also exponential MP upkeep is also trivial because the hard end of gimmicky use of this means you can float at 100 in vehicle crews and then pop into tanks merely for the final moments of fighting so w/e. All you do, again, is punish people that end up at ~104 by normal methods of play)
31 Jul 2014, 01:56 AM

I re state exactly what I said on page 1 of this thread.

No fix does not punish legitimate play.

Not allowing capture at full pop has all sorts of problems.
*Vehicle crews and auto-squad reinforcing mean you can accidentally lock yourself out of your own tank.
*A lot of weapon teams have more pop cap per man than basic infantry- you become incapable of picking up a weapon team you legitimately want to steal.
*De-crewing an enemy tank that would take you over pop cap is now impossible, you have no choice but to destroy something you legitimately want and have earned because lol arbitrary restrictions.
*Not allowing re-crew at 101 stops any combination of the above happening. Want to steal a few 120mm mortars your opponent has just lost? No can do.

You try fix a largely irrelevant gimmick and restrict actual players doing legitimate things. This entire issue is a joke and why do people even care.

(Also tying pop cap to the vehicle crew is really bad because it means trying to preserve your crews cripples your economy, so cut that nonsense out before you suggest it)

(Also also exponential MP upkeep is also trivial because the hard end of gimmicky use of this means you can float at 100 in vehicle crews and then pop into tanks merely for the final moments of fighting so w/e. All you do, again, is punish people that end up at ~104 by normal methods of play)

Well it's a big problem for us... and if u have a better fix plz tell us.

Maybe a solution would be able to re-crew enemy unit only if in over cap ? That would already be better.

What do you think ?

Thank
31 Jul 2014, 06:24 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jul 2014, 21:16 PMNoun

This is not what a bug is. It's a result of design choices, and we know about it.

Thank you. I'm glad that this is in the game.

As a result USF have a chance at late game tank battles if they preserve their armour. Axis have quality, USF have quantity.
31 Jul 2014, 19:20 PM

Well it's a big problem for us... and if u have a better fix plz tell us.

Maybe a solution would be able to re-crew enemy unit only if in over cap ? That would already be better.

What do you think ?

Thank

Abandoned vehicles (and weapons) do not belong to anybody, they're neutral universally.

I do not have a better fix, which is why I think it should just be left as is.
31 Jul 2014, 19:30 PM

I'm playing a lot of 3v3 and 4v4 and "at my level" I never encountered this. Simply because they need the tanks when they make them.
They can't just put them in the base for a while and cluster tanks.

I'm not talking I'm playing on a high level, I think I'm playing on a medium level and really never ever encountered this.
31 Jul 2014, 19:35 PM

I'm playing a lot of 3v3 and 4v4 and "at my level" I never encountered this. Simply because they need the tanks when they make them.
They can't just put them in the base for a while and cluster tanks.

I'm not talking I'm playing on a high level, I think I'm playing on a medium level and really never ever encountered this.

I'm in the top 10-50 in 2v2, 3v3 and 4v4 automatch (slumped a bit this week I assume, been pulling 16 hour work days, not had time to play).

I've never seen it.

As you said. Players build the tanks because they need the tanks. We don't have time to twiddle our thumbs in base and wait for a push in a bit.

The closest I get is when I have jacksons or wolverines in 2v2. Maps are small enough that I can just have the crew wait by the vehicle having a smoke until I know where my anti-armour is needed next. Saves me a little MP over time.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★