Login

russian armor

US faction able to go at will over population cap (normal?)

29 Jul 2014, 17:32 PM

Hello friends

Is the US faction able to go at will over population cap (normal?)

Example : Just disembark from 2 Shermans (or any other one that the crew can go out) and build or call in 2 others Shermans then re-crew the previous two... work also to capture enemy tanks...

Seem to me that can be abuse a lot...

thank you for reading.

Comments ?

I've made further tests in 2vs2 and 3vs3 with my clan-mates and i say the US faction is broken as that can be exploited to easily. Last game, i had 139 pop cap only because i stopped myself as my friends were really piss off...

Please Relic do something because only 3 factions a realistically playable now.

Thank you, and sorry i had to point out that exploit.
29 Jul 2014, 17:36 PM
29 Jul 2014, 17:42 PM

29 Jul 2014, 17:51 PM

No, it's fine, *insert irrelevant statistics* just adapt by... By umm... Just... You should... Whatever, u must be axis fanboi.

Just to be clear, I agree. Just saving some people some time by writing their inevitable response ;)
29 Jul 2014, 17:53 PM

And I still have yet to see a single 1v1 or 2v2 rep where it mattered.
29 Jul 2014, 18:07 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jul 2014, 17:53 PMKatitof

Well it can be done in any game mode... if the devs say its part of the design then its ok...

But i just played a 2vs2 , and i used it to bring 1 more tank and to reinforce my troops. I was 109 pop.

Thanks for the reply.

Can someone ask the devs ?
29 Jul 2014, 18:12 PM

The devs know by now, but probably aren't secure enough in a solution to comment on it. The problem is that it isn't a easy fix. There is a lot of coding involved since they need to essential change the way abandoned vehicles and embarking works. either way since it doesn't impact most games it isn't seen as a dire problem.
29 Jul 2014, 18:24 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jul 2014, 17:53 PMKatitof

Well, it is a bug exploit*, it can be abused, it is abused sometimes. Then why dont put fix? Fast hotfix and it is done. I don't know why some people try so hard to justifie this exploit, is it abused? Yes! Maybe not on high level of play, but it can be abused. And it IS ABUSED. And some people try SO HARD to let this exploit slide. WHY? It is easy to abuse this in 3v3 and 4v4, maybe even in 2v2, alot of players play this modes. WTF is wrong with this community?
29 Jul 2014, 18:26 PM

It did won me one 2v2 game where I spammed E8s.
29 Jul 2014, 18:41 PM

I'm not justifying it. It's a problem that needs to be fixed, but a lot of people who don't know anything about how programs work think that it can be fixed like everything else. It's not a number or stat somewhere or bug in the code. It's a complete oversight that has to do with the way embarking is tied to abandonment.

They need to re code things which is hard the way things can be tied together when coding. This is something that's going to take months to fix and can't be hot patched in a few weeks.
29 Jul 2014, 19:20 PM

I'm not justifying it

Post was for people who said if it cant be used in 1v1 then it can stay.
29 Jul 2014, 20:29 PM

There's no fix which does not also punish legitimate or unfortunate play in the name of fixing a largely inconsequential gimmick.

Ergo nothing changing any time soon.
29 Jul 2014, 21:04 PM

It did won me one 2v2 game where I spammed E8s.

Same. Six E8s are nasty. I kinda felt bad afterwards, tbh, so I didnt repeat the performance. Is this considered an exploit btw?
Only Relic postRelic 29 Jul 2014, 21:16 PM

Well, it is a bug*, it can be abused, it is abused sometimes. Then why dont put fix? Fast hotfix and it is done. I don't know why some people try so hard to justifie this bug, is it abused? Yes! Maybe not on high level of play, but it can be abused. And it IS ABUSED. And some people try SO HARD to let this bug slide. WHY? It is easy to abuse this in 3v3 and 4v4, maybe even in 2v2, alot of players play this modes. WTF is wrong with this community?

This is not what a bug is. It's a result of design choices, and we know about it.

29 Jul 2014, 21:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jul 2014, 21:16 PMNoun

This is not what a bug is. It's a result of design choices, and we know about it.

You know about it but... is it planned to fix/rework that result from design choices?
29 Jul 2014, 22:12 PM

You know about it but... is it planned to fix/rework that result from design choices?

There's no easy way to fix it, short of significantly changing how American vehicle crewing works.

And if your opponent has enough units on the field to break popcap... you should kill more of their stuff. Infantry can't reinforce when over popcap either.
30 Jul 2014, 00:04 AM

I think the solution could be easy by just don't letting capture vehicles when your pop is over 100.

i.e:
99 pop and you recrew a tank: YES you can (pop is now 109)
101 pop and you try to recrew a tank: NO you can't get inside any tank until you low your pop less than 100, you can decrew other tanks to just crew new ones.

Just disable the order of recrewing tanks when clicking on it if your pop cap is on the limit.
30 Jul 2014, 00:11 AM

I think the solution could be easy by just don't letting capture vehicles when your pop is over 100.

i.e:
101 pop and you try to recrew a tank: NO you can't get inside any tank until you low your pop less than 100, you can decrew other tanks to just crew new ones.

Just disable de order of recrewing tanks when clicking on it if your pop cap is on the limit.

Not a bad idea.

Thank you
30 Jul 2014, 00:12 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jul 2014, 21:16 PMNoun

Just wandering if the devs thinks its working as intended. If yes then its ok with me. if not just use the fix below.

Thanks for your respond Noon sir.

Possible fix :
From KyleAkira :

i.e:

Just disable de order of recrewing tanks when clicking on it if your pop cap is on the limit.
30 Jul 2014, 00:24 AM

America no. 1 !
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 48
unknown 17
Germany 7
unknown 4
Germany 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias