Login

russian armor

Repair Criticle is such bs

30 Jul 2014, 00:52 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Make this ability vet 3 instead of 1,and increase the EXP required to vet=up on tank crews. fixed.
30 Jul 2014, 01:15 AM

It's okay to leave it there but maybe make it 15 seconds to repair the critical. I mean who repairs a broken transmission or track with the swing of a wrench? For 15 seconds the crew can't do anything because they must focus on repairing the damage only. Similiar to the soviet tank repair ability.
30 Jul 2014, 01:24 AM
Honorary Member Badge

But the vulnerability is different, German critical repair is repaired inside the vehicle therefore there is no chance that you'll actually lose the tank. Sometimes I go elite armored and use it to repair my King Tiger. But Americans have crews that disembark and repair outside therefore making them extremely vulnerable. In my experience I had a crit repairing my sherman and his gren killed a crew model on the first shot therefore making my crew unable to recrew the sherman but luckily I had a rifle squad nearby to take the sherman before his grens stole it.

you do know rear echelon can repair right?
30 Jul 2014, 01:24 AM

I feel like USF vehicles just have this ridiculous independence because they can self-repair on the cheap.

It wouldn't be so bad if it was riskier. Maybe make the vehicles easier to decrew or something. Right now there's not a whole lot of risk involved.
30 Jul 2014, 02:01 AM

I feel like USF vehicles just have this ridiculous independence because they can self-repair on the cheap.

It wouldn't be so bad if it was riskier. Maybe make the vehicles easier to decrew or something. Right now there's not a whole lot of risk involved.

Well, if you manage to catch off guard US armor during repairs, you've got yourself a free tank.
Managed to steal a couple of tanks this way, fallshirmjeager paradrop is best for it, but good'ol blitz P4 also one shots repairing crew and leaves the tank.
nee
30 Jul 2014, 02:27 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jul 2014, 17:26 PMZ3r07
I'm asking because it can influence my opinion....

I haven't check this, is the repair speed of the vehicle's crew the same as engineers ?

I would assume so: the repair buttons for both crews and RETs are the same, whether in vet0 or vet3.
Vet2 is the only one that mentions repairs: "Innovative mechanical techniques improves the squads repair time". Vet1 unlocks the critical repair, and vet3 makes them more durable when repairing, which indirectly affects the repair rate. Rear Echelons also get a repair bonus in vet2, though "improve" in the game's terms is a bit vague; does it increase critical repairs or merely accelerates the time?

Other factions have similar methods though, namely the Soviet T-70's self-repair, their doctrinal Repair Station as well as Conscript Repair for a number of commanders. Elite Armoured Doctrine for OKW also allows self-repair, but it is an inferior, decrewable version of the T-70's.
30 Jul 2014, 03:12 AM

Yeah I had an E8 capped by fallschirms the other day. First time it ever happened, but I felt like such a bonehead lol. Someone used the airborne assault ability, flares show up on my forward HQ and I instinctively drag-select and RETREAT everything. Except I forgot to put the crew back in the tank first. So the Falschirms dropped next to the empty tank, and all my other stuff was hiking back to HQ sector.

D'OH.
30 Jul 2014, 15:06 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Blitz never "ignored" engine damage but it helped the damaged vehicle move faster than a snail.

It would let you move at NORMAL SPEED (or even faster ?) if it was normal engine damage. Do not try to minimize it.

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Jul 2014, 02:27 AMnee

Other factions have similar methods though, namely the Soviet T-70's self-repair, their doctrinal Repair Station as well as Conscript Repair for a number of commanders. Elite Armoured Doctrine for OKW also allows self-repair, but it is an inferior, decrewable version of the T-70's.

T70 won´t repair you from a faust. It will help you survive a 2nd shot from a pak for example.

I´m gonna say it again, increase the price and MAYBE a bit the time on activation (dunno what is it now).
30 Jul 2014, 16:28 PM

I´m gonna say it again, increase the price and MAYBE a bit the time on activation (dunno what is it now).

It's instant. Takes one second to get out, one second to click the buttons and get back in. Effectively you could fix engine destroyed faster than an MG 42 can set up. And I have.
31 Jul 2014, 16:49 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

I think it's fine. Changing the munitions cost won't really make any difference, people will still do it unless it becomes something ridiculous.

The cooldown is extremely long. They won't be able to do it twice.

Making it doctrinal would make vehicle crews totally useless for anything other than standard repairs. Where's the fun in that?
31 Jul 2014, 16:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Jul 2014, 01:24 AMWiFiDi

you do know rear echelon can repair right?

yeah but i dont use them much, rahter use the crew cause they're much better to me.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★