Login

russian armor

Repair Criticle is such bs

29 Jul 2014, 16:24 PM

USF crew repair is a unique feature that comes with its set of strengths and weakness, but the repair critical feature is such bs. For 10 ammo you can repair the engine instantly and go on business as usual. This is such an abusive feature.

For example, early in the game you manage to faust a jeep but are forced to retreat your gren unit. In normal cases you can send your next unit to catch it, but instead the crew just pops out and fixes the engine critical and moves on. Very unfair situation especially so early in the game.

Another example is on large maps where you place mines to cover your flank. USF player can easily move around with no regard to mines. If he hits a distant mine he can easily repair the engine quickly and get out.

This feature should not be available, or at least should not be available except for the armor commander. It can be placed instead of the Elite Vehicle Crews Upgrade and made available at cp2 for example.
29 Jul 2014, 16:26 PM

needs to cost more in my opinion. 25-30muni?
29 Jul 2014, 16:30 PM

needs to cost more in my opinion. 25-30muni?

That's less bad than costing 10 ammo, but why have it in the first place? If you make a mistake and run over a mine or get fausted you should not have an easy way out. That will penalize the the other player.
29 Jul 2014, 16:35 PM
Donator 11

Excuse me, but how exactly is it a mistake if you happen to run over a mine?
29 Jul 2014, 16:35 PM
Senior Caster Badge

It's pretty silly that the US is the one to get this thing, since they can repair all of their tanks anywhere on the map too. Giving them repair critical in addition to this is like, overkill, if you ask me. It would be interesting if the Ostheer were the only faction to have it, or something like that.
29 Jul 2014, 16:39 PM
Donator 11

I think its a great ability and should be in the game in some way, however as USF crew can already jump out and repair i think perhaps it may be a bit too good, not OP as such, just a bit to convenient.

I haven't played a lot of USF, so it may be due to their relative weakness that crew repair plus repair crit is needed for them to be viable against the stronger armor of opposing factions.

That being said if it is generally considered to be a bit too good for USF with their crew repair i would like the ability to remain in game and perhaps be move to a different faction, or even a different unit within the USF, rear echelon perhaps?
nee
29 Jul 2014, 16:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jul 2014, 16:24 PMAbdul
USF crew repair is a unique feature that comes with its set of strengths and weakness, but the repair critical feature is such bs. For 10 ammo you can repair the engine instantly and go on business as usual. This is such an abusive feature.

For example, early in the game you manage to faust a jeep but are forced to retreat your gren unit. In normal cases you can send your next unit to catch it, but instead the crew just pops out and fixes the engine critical and moves on. Very unfair situation especially so early in the game.

Another example is on large maps where you place mines to cover your flank. USF player can easily move around with no regard to mines. If he hits a distant mine he can easily repair the engine quickly and get out.

This feature should not be available, or at least should not be available except for the armor commander. It can be placed instead of the Elite Vehicle Crews Upgrade and made available at cp2 for example.
I think it is fine- the crew must jump out to perform the repair. That leaves them not only vulnerable to fire when repair, but the vehicle and the crew is vulnerable in general. If they can manage the repair in time and drive away without sustaining further damage, good for them.

Perhaps the time it takes to repair critical should be lengthened?

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jul 2014, 16:30 PMAbdul

That's less bad than costing 10 ammo, but why have it in the first place? If you make a mistake and run over a mine or get fausted you should not have an easy way out. That will penalize the the other player.
That depends on the mine though; I expect Teller mines to rather severely damage, if not outright destroy, a light vehicle.

@Capacity_gear
You have a point: crews can already repair, and I swear they repair faster than Rear Echelons. Perhaps it should be a veteran unlock ability so at least if you can do a critical repair, you have to find a crew that has veterancy. Crews vet up pretty quick anyways, so at the least you can't just throw a tank in battle, get tons of damage, then run away and do a critical- the boys have to have done some fighting first.
29 Jul 2014, 16:44 PM

Excuse me, but how exactly is it a mistake if you happen to run over a mine?

By sending your vehicle or tank into enemy territory without support and or any mine sweepers.

It's pretty silly that the US is the one to get this thing, since they can repair all of their tanks anywhere on the map too. Giving them repair critical in addition to this is like, overkill, if you ask me. It would be interesting if the Ostheer were the only faction to have it, or something like that.

Yes, since soviet can spam mines, the Ost stand to gain more from it, but dont forget OKW mines cost the same and have the same effect.
29 Jul 2014, 17:01 PM

Should be doctrinal and more expensive
29 Jul 2014, 17:09 PM
Donator 11

Should be doctrinal and more expensive

lol okay but which doctrines? and what would they drop to accommodate adding crit repair? and how much more expensive?

That seems like it would cause more problems than it would solve.

personally the more i think about giving it to rear echelons the more i like it, lets face it after 4-5mins aint nobody building those units, sure they have their place very early game, but you'd rarely see any built other than the unit you start with.
and after 4-5 mins their volley fire is pointless due to numbers of squads.

Give RE crit repair though and they seem to have more of a point other than 'well have these units at the start because having a rifle squad would be OP'
29 Jul 2014, 17:13 PM

lol okay but which doctrines? and what would they drop to accommodate adding crit repair? and how much more expensive?

unless you are looking specifically for his feedack, it's already answered:

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jul 2014, 16:24 PMAbdul

nee
29 Jul 2014, 17:17 PM

Agreed; if something has to be swapped, let it be that Armoured Company allows its use in pace of SMGs. I'd happily choose the ability to improve engine repairs than getting better small arms for a unit that shouldn't be fighting in the first place.
29 Jul 2014, 17:26 PM
Donator 11

I'm asking because it can influence my opinion....

I haven't check this, is the repair speed of the vehicle's crew the same as engineers ?
29 Jul 2014, 17:55 PM

The Vehicle Crew have the same repair speed as Rear Echelon Troops. However, I think at EVERY vet level, Vehicle Crew gain better repair skills. And it's incredibly easy to get a Vet 3 Vehicle crew.
29 Jul 2014, 17:59 PM

Why is it a problem?

Having trouble slowing down US heavy tanks?

Oh wait...
29 Jul 2014, 18:18 PM

I think it's fine. It's what keeps the US mobile which is the only thing the really got going for them come late game.
29 Jul 2014, 18:22 PM

Vehicle Crew does die instantly when repairing and if they lose a model they can't recrew without the 4th model apparently while under fire.
29 Jul 2014, 18:23 PM

I've seen myself repairing my sherman in the open and my crew lost a model and I was unable to recrew it but luckily i had riflemen nearby.
29 Jul 2014, 18:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jul 2014, 17:59 PMKatitof
Why is it a problem?

Having trouble slowing down US heavy tanks?

Oh wait...

It's too cheap to save your units if you can't micro well or make retarded mistakes, and basicly the cheaper than the effort the axis paid to criple the unit.
29 Jul 2014, 18:28 PM

It's too cheap to save your units if you can't micro well or make retarded mistakes, and basicly the cheaper than the effort the axis paid to criple the unit.

I agree the Repair Critical ability needs a munitions increase but the crew is extremely vulnerable. If you manage to get a shot off into one of the models and the model dies it may not be able to recrew without reinforcing. If you miss the model then RNG is smiling at you. :D
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★