Login

russian armor

Relic's PQ, noun and other guy, twitch stream.

29 Jul 2014, 15:44 PM
Donator 11

anyone else catch Relic's PQ, noun and other guy, twitch stream a couple of nights ago?
Was about 1-2am GMT.

Aside from the terrible organization with no trans-coding, no plan for stream, no info it was happening and 1 guy without mic having to relay everything through noun, it was very disappointing.

Personally i have a real problem with their whole 'we dont want to reduce units in anyway because its not fun hurr durr' attitude however i think the biggest disappointment was.....

No observer mode planned or considered,. not now, not soon, not ever.
1 of 3 Relic postsRelic 29 Jul 2014, 15:58 PM

- Stream was announced 24 hour previously and again when it happened.
- We are working on audio issues
- Nothing like that was ever said about Observer Mode

But thanks for the feedback. We'll be doing these at least weekly going forward so hopefully you'll tune in next time!
29 Jul 2014, 16:07 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jul 2014, 15:58 PMNoun
- Stream was announced 24 hour previously and again when it happened.
- We are working on audio issues
- Nothing like that was ever said about Observer Mode

But thanks for the feedback. We'll be doing these at least weekly going forward so hopefully you'll tune in next time!

- where? and if was it was is a good place to announce why so few numbers?
- the guy didn't have a mic, to fix issue get him a mic, no need to 'work' on it.
- post the stream on twitch and we'll see if 'nothing like that was said about observer mode' because it was. post the stream recording.

btw, thank you very much for responding peter, i appreciate it a lot.

and i look forward to more streams, hell do as many as you can, no need for NDA blah blah, this aint no RPG, tell us everything happening and going to happen, we already got the game.

Oh and 1 more thing, get trans-coding from twitch before you start, hell your a big name games developer, surly if you ask they'd give it too you without having to wait for the numbers in stream.
29 Jul 2014, 17:06 PM

You get reply from Jeffrey "Noun" Simpson not from Peter.
2 of 3 Relic postsRelic 29 Jul 2014, 17:09 PM

- Facebook, Twitter, Google+ (yeah I know nobody uses Google+)
- The video has been up for 5 days (since broadcast): http://www.twitch.tv/relicentertainment/b/550885304
- we'll be showing you some cool stuff moving forward but we're not going to show you everything that's going to happen. We like to maintain an air of mystery, plus nothing leads to community disapointment faster than showing off something when it's not ready yet
- I'm not the technical guy, but if you mean the option to select stream/bandwidth speeds then that's in the works. However given that it requires a Twitch partnership now that's trickier. We're part of a fairly large multinational company and the legal process to get something like that approved is difficult. There's revenue sharing and ownership of content issues included in contracts like that that individual streamers don't have to worry about but a corporation does. We don't want to do something where for example Twitch/Google ends up owning Sonic the Hedgehog (crazy example but that's how lawyers think).
29 Jul 2014, 17:34 PM
Donator 11

Opps,. sorry i apologize noun, i should pay more attention :)

Anyway thank you for replying, it speak volumes that you communicate to the player base not only through your official forums, but those of coh2.org also.

Also thanks for the link to the stream, again my attention seems to be off, i should have seen that.

now lets carry on :)

-if coh2.org is a place where lots of the community are perhaps you could set up a system where any news about streams etc could be posted on here? or even on steams 'news' page for coh2?
Lets be honest, if you play coh2 you are on coh2.org, every other site pales in comparison.

I know face book, twitter g+ are popular (maybe not g+), but are they popular among the players of coh2? somewhat sure, but judging by the stream watchers it barely covers 1% of the player base. i think you need to use other avenues.

-'nothing leads to community disappointment faster than showing off something when it's not ready yet'
Not sure if a agree with that. sure its is correct in some sense but i think you'll find the most disappointing issue for the community have been the things you have released without any warning or information before hand such as: tiger ACE/ broken spoils/ unbalanced commanders etc.

Expectations are merely interpretations on imagination, such things have no weight, all that matters is that you put out solid working features, if you do this why would it matter about peoples assumed disappointment?
If you do what you have planned correctly then what would there to be disappointed about? i think you need to give the community a little more respect in that part.

- Now back to the stream, observer mode. Now from what i heard would i be correct in thinking that you haven't got anything like an observer mode yet, you haven't begun to make an observer mode yet, and you have no plan in the future (immediate future) to introduce an observer mode?
is this correct?

[edit] mah speelin bad
3 of 3 Relic postsRelic 29 Jul 2014, 17:53 PM

We don't have an Observer Mode in the game currently and have not announced that we're working on one. However we've stated that it's on a list of features we intend to add to the game.
29 Jul 2014, 18:05 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jul 2014, 17:53 PMNoun
We don't have an Observer Mode in the game currently and have not announced that we're working on one. However we've stated that it's on a list of features we intend to add to the game.

Thank you for the concise and definitive answer noun, i appreciate it a lot.

I'm not one to stream myself, but love to watch every cast, tourney and stream i can, and i think the absence of an observer mode is really harming this.

I don't want this to turn into some rant thread, but between you and me noun, i would try to prioritize Observer mode.
It may be the smallest group within the player base that would use such a thing, however they are the most 'visible' and vocal members within it, they are the driving force of the community.

that is all.

thanks again.
29 Jul 2014, 19:13 PM
Patrion 27

I don't want this to turn into some rant thread, but between you and me noun, i would try to prioritize Observer mode.
It may be the smallest group within the player base that would use such a thing, however they are the most 'visible' and vocal members within it, they are the driving force of the community.

I wouldn't get your hopes up. this feature has been asked for in every single wishlist thread since Beta. Maybe in 2018.
29 Jul 2014, 19:40 PM
Donator 11

I just hope Relic isnt putting too much manpower into the warspoil system, the game is fun already it only need a decent ladder with some competative features. Observer mode should indeed be a priority. eSports is for a competative crowd but the casual crowd enjoys watching eSports so its a win-win to work on eSport features.
29 Jul 2014, 19:46 PM

Thanks for responding Noun! Cool that you take the time :)
29 Jul 2014, 21:17 PM
Donator 33

Just have some feedback on announcements/news - I'm not sure how many feel the same but it would explain why people miss events like this.

The companyofheroes front page is really a hassle to use. Often there are multiple posts of the same thing, but one takes you to a signup page for facebook, one takes you to the twitter website where you can click the actual link, and then the third one might be a direct link, but since it's obfuscated behind an url shortener it's not immediately obvious what you're clicking on.

I know 'social media' is kind of a big buzzword recently, but perhaps this style of news sharing could complement a nice simple news feed, chronologically ordered with one direct link per item, rather than mixing it all up and making everything hard to follow.

I enjoy tuning into relic streams but usually the only way I hear about them currently is if someone posts a twitch link in the shoutbox.
30 Jul 2014, 01:22 AM

Hey now! I use g+ for exactly things like this. Twitter sucks and who wants their FB wall covered with all sorts of random hobbies and interests. g+ is great for following said hobbies and interests.
30 Jul 2014, 02:10 AM
Patrion 15

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jul 2014, 17:53 PMNoun

Very disappointed that this isn't further along in the development. Why wouldn't you want to give the community better tools to create content to further promote your game for you?
30 Jul 2014, 02:41 AM

I'd rather have them working on optimizing the game, so the community can play it decently at +60fps on 2000$ Gaming PCs.

Obersever mode is a neat feature, but there are more pressing issues.

30 Jul 2014, 02:53 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Jul 2014, 02:41 AMFrencho
I'd rather have them working on optimizing the game, so the community can play it decently at +60fps on 2000$ Gaming PCs.

Obersever mode is a neat feature, but there are more pressing issues.

Or they could just work on both at the same time, ever think of that? Surely the people working on something like obs mode are different from the programmers that optimize the game, thats like saying I wish the pilots would hurry up and load the luggage so we can start our flight sooner when in reality that isn't part of their job.
30 Jul 2014, 02:55 AM
Patrion 14

you guys really should announce it here.

btw that framerate is ridiculous, makes me jealous.
30 Jul 2014, 03:00 AM

Or they could just work on both at the same time, ever think of that? Surely the people working on something like obs mode are different from the programmers that optimize the game, thats like saying I wish the pilots would hurry up and load the luggage so we can start our flight sooner when in reality that isn't part of their job.

Of course, they could work on both at the same time. But I'm pretty sure it not a matter of personnel, but that they lack the funds to do so. Observer mode means investing in more servers & network infrastructure, which is very expensive.

Optimization means working with Nvidia/AMD, I'm pretty sure those guys don't do SLI/crossfire profiles and drivers for free.
30 Jul 2014, 03:06 AM
Senior Caster Badge

Everyone is busy working on war spoils and frames.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS