Login

russian armor

Suggestion: Defensive Buildings

29 Jul 2014, 15:38 PM

Though I have heard related reasons for why it would be unbalanced for all faction to be able to build particular defensive preparations, I still feel it simply feels out of place for the game to exclude certain factions of the most basic defensive preparations such as sandbags and bunkers.

I trust that Pioneers that can build an entire bunker that includes sandbags in it. "Avan, you know we can just stop applying the two-by-fours and just pile sandbags."

The other way around, I think men who can set down mines, fix vehicles of any sort as well as prepare barbed wires should be able to build a bunker. "Hell, we've seen enough bunkers when we burned them, how hard can it be to make one?"

Sometimes, being too similar to the real thing can be bad, such as a certain rocket truck. But I feel these small, maybe not even authentic, common sense elements should be included. How game-breaking can it get?
29 Jul 2014, 16:23 PM

I feel you pain. But as soon as I look at sov vs ost.
I get chills.
Con close range. Gens long. If grens could be behind green cover and build it whenever needed like cons. Then grens would always have the upperhand hands down And onace they get the lmg Iit would make matters worse

As much as I would like to see it. For ballance reasons i dont think we can.

Everyone have access to defensive structures would also make the game more of a campfest, each faction has there own means to deal with certain situations at a certain time allowing for gaps in strenght or to be that there peek.

It would ruine the eb and flow of the game. (Sorry for the ramble)
29 Jul 2014, 23:38 PM

On some maps the Fighting Position you can build with Rear Ech are bloody amaznig. You throw the squad inside and you get unlimited rifle nades that fire every 4-5 seconds or something. Sometimes it's worth spending the 150 manpower or w/e it is just to clear one building quickly or turn the tide of an iminent battle.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★