Login

russian armor

There has never been a worse time to be a Wehrmacht player.

• This thread is locked
29 Jul 2014, 11:13 AM

Wow. This game just died flat for me.

Conscript rushing on Grenadiers - Thought the Grenadiers are supposed to be a better unit? Because they're a trained unit? Wouldn't know. All you have to do as Russian is rush the Grenadiers and the Conscripts will win every time. Conscript? Might as well be special forces.

MG42? LOL! Who would bother with this unit? By the time it sets up, aims, starts firing they already have T34s in your base. Wonder why you don't see MG42 spam from the German side, yet Maxim spam is consistently brought up as an issue? Hmmmm. Do we need a rocket scientist?

Pak40. Well, it'd be great if it didn't die in a strong breeze and could actually kill some infantry for once.

Stug III. Great, but not really. Considering it pops under ZiS fire within seconds and costs almost as much as a Panzer 4, there is little point.

Flakpanzer... Hmmm. Fantastic unit, shame its a tank and it uses paper for armor.

Panther? Well isn't this just a heavily debated unit at the moment. Costs and build times and tier placement make this unit, along with that
ridiculous and retarded Sturmpazer, pointless. On that, why is the Sturmpazer even in this game? It is NEVER used. What a waste of a unit.

Panzerwerfer. Again, why bother. Might as well fire matchsticks compared to the Katyusha. Katyusha are winning half the games for the Russians at the moment.

The Tiger... Are you kidding me? This unit should be able to see further. Hit harder. Move faster. Not be susceptible to ANYTHING bar tank/anti-tank guns. The Tiger was the best tank in the world in this time period. All it takes is a few T34, the stupidly short line of sight and it's full retarded AI to get itself killed. T34 shells should bounce off this thing. Only the assault guns should be able to touch it.

Anything the Germans can do at the moment, the Russians can do better. On every level. They have a super strong early game, Commanders that allow fast tank acquisition and crushing late game with the Super Heavy Tanks and support of numerous medium tanks.

Really gutted by this.

I've played 350 hours of this game. 300 hours as the Wehrmacht and this is the worst balance it's been for this team. It's like they've been forgotten about.

As for all the responses about how strong they are - You'd be correct. If you can manage to get there. 4 man gren squads with triple vet and G43s are amazing. Good luck getting them that far before a kat or grenade takes them out.

By the way, the rifle grenade should either do twice as much damage as it does or cost 5 munitions. It's not worth using a rifle grenade as the munitions are better kept for Panzerwerfer.

I feel like I have nothing. No answer to anything the US or Russians are coming with.

Thought these guys were supposed to be the most powerful and technologically advanced army in the world at this time? Why does it feel like everything sucks. Why does everything feel so weak? Why do my units keep dying so easy?

This game has become average since this last patch. Will not be playing until we see some better balance. GG.

EDIT: And oh yeah, anyone seen Panzergrenadiers since they had the armor reduction? Nope? Wonder why. So thanks for removing out only other answer to tanks. Now the only thing outside a tank that can stop a tank is the Pak.
29 Jul 2014, 11:17 AM

29 Jul 2014, 11:18 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

This is a blatant rant. Some of your points might even be valid, but that's not going to matter when presented this way.
29 Jul 2014, 11:28 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

Yes I always save munitions to get a panzerwerfer :huh:
29 Jul 2014, 11:32 AM

Although OP post touches many recent issues I get this feeling a lot of it comes from lack of experience and 3v3 games?
I may be wrong.
29 Jul 2014, 11:49 AM

While I agree that Wehr is the hardest faction atm. you are exaggerating.

The only thing that needs fixing is T4, Panzergrenadiers, StuGs and the doctrinal Elefant and Pak43.

Good:

The MG42 is sufficient imo.

So are Grens with the LMG upgrade.

Paks are the best AT gun.

Bad:

Brummbär, Panther, Panzerwerfer.

Did the StuG get a nerf btw.? It can hardly hit infantry any longer.

Pak43 and Elefant need more range.

Then the game is perfect.
29 Jul 2014, 11:52 AM

The only thing that needs fixing is T4, Panzergrenadiers, StuGs and the doctrinal Elefant and Pak43.

Good:

Bad:

Swap the MG42 and MG34 stats. Let the MG42 be the machine gun with the highest suppression while MG34 in between Maxim and MG42.
29 Jul 2014, 11:55 AM

Good:

Bad:

Good summary. TWP on pak needs fixing though. Stug still the same in my last games, but I never found it super strong vs infantry just pretty good (~ 1 cons models per shot).
29 Jul 2014, 12:10 PM

Pak40. Well, it'd be great if it didn't die in a strong breeze and could actually kill some infantry for once.

yeah i also hate that my anti tank gun cannot kill infantry reliably...relic fix pls :facepalm:
29 Jul 2014, 13:29 PM

There is so much wrong in this thread that op doesn't deserve anymore then a slap with a trout as he is even beyond L2P.
29 Jul 2014, 13:31 PM

I have gone on a "break" too. We had to expect big issues with balancing and we didnt. Two complete new factions, it was almost impossible to guess what would happen.
But that is the state of the game, and will always happen when new stuff is added. I will wait a few months until it is fixed :)
29 Jul 2014, 13:35 PM

Some valid points, but overshadowed by factually wrong ones and the OPs clear antagonistic attitude.

This thread cannot succeed.

Move along. This is not the thread you are looking for.
29 Jul 2014, 13:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jul 2014, 11:52 AMsteel

Swap the MG42 and MG34 stats. Let the MG42 be the machine gun with the highest suppression while MG34 in between Maxim and MG42.

The MG42 currently does hold the highest RoF and suppression stats of any mg in the game.
29 Jul 2014, 13:50 PM

90% of players play the game like this:

Which any half decent player who have ever automatched can confirm.
And then threads like this one litter the forums...
Best thing is, they are fully convinced and would die for that conviction that its not them, but the balance <444>_<444>
29 Jul 2014, 13:54 PM

only proper strat fo wehrmacht is to mgo heavy t1 t2 into tigers, everything else is just no go, talking about 1v1's ofc
29 Jul 2014, 13:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jul 2014, 13:50 PMKatitof
90% of players play the game like this

You know, thats funny, considering your own playercard.
29 Jul 2014, 14:33 PM

Permanently Banned
Could you please stop with this playercard shit please?
29 Jul 2014, 14:53 PM

only proper strat fo wehrmacht is to mgo heavy t1 t2 into tigers, everything else is just no go, talking about 1v1's ofc

But I only play 4v4 No Rush 30 minutes! The game is soooooo unbalanced!
29 Jul 2014, 14:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jul 2014, 14:53 PMMadeMan

But I only play 4v4 No Rush 30 minutes! The game is soooooo unbalanced!

Either 4v4 or 1v1 the game is unbalanced, stop with the bullshit of team games being bad, 3v3, 4v4 are probably the most played types of match in this game.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★