Login

russian armor

Abandon vehicle occurring more often?

30 Aug 2014, 19:54 PM

I wouldn't want to see abandonment removed... It adds a flair of uniqueness to games that can help keep things fresh. Some of my most memorable games are stealing a Sturmtiger(? The one that shoots a huge blast then has to reload), or even stealing an ambulance and using it as a makeshift half-track for my weapon crews. The RNG aspect of it may not be super competitive, but I'd hate to see the system go.
30 Aug 2014, 21:45 PM

Pretty much agree that it shouldn't be in competitive play. Its one thing to take a risk and accept that a vehicle will die, but to lose it then give it to the proponent? Its stupid. The only form of vehicle stealing I'm cool with is if someone catches a US vehicle squad repairing their vehicle out in the open.

Nice idea, but just doesn't have a place in competitive play. People can enable it in custom games if they want or something.
31 Aug 2014, 00:12 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Aug 2014, 19:48 PMAbdul

Hardly, as the videos illustrate I was rewarded for base rushing by having my stug remain intact while my opponent lost his tank trying to destroy a stug that was abandoned for the second time in 10 seconds!

The second video shows the same situation, rewarding the player that rushed right next to my base with my scout car.

Abandon is a joke and I think should be removed from the game.

On the contrary, I've seen failed T-34/85 or Panther rushes turn games around because one guy got way too cocky with his shiney new tank and spearheaded the enemy lines without support. The tank was abandoned behind enemy lines and turned against it's former master.

My only other comment is that Panzerfaust, AT Grenades, and AT Rifle Grenades should be able to target abandoned vehicles to destroy them. Possibly also allow Engineers and Pioneers to scuttle abandoned tanks for a low or no cost.
31 Aug 2014, 01:46 AM

Yeah vehicle abandonment and blizzard are two of my least favorite mechanics they added.
31 Aug 2014, 06:21 AM

How about vehicles can only be abandoned once and it will get destroyed for sure if it dies again.
31 Aug 2014, 08:15 AM

Blizzards and abandonment's are a nice feature in the game making it unique. If we decide to delete them because they destroy "competitive gaming" coh2 will revert to nothing more then a generic RTS game. Further more in real life leaders need to adapt to changing weather or tank abandonment's and overcome this disadvantages not cry for a nerf or remove.
31 Aug 2014, 09:18 AM

I find it more amusing when it takes several tank shells to wreck a abandoned vehicle. Today my panzer 4 had to hit the wrecked t-70 two times before he finally blew up. I don't know what kind of steel the soviets use but that's some good shit.
31 Aug 2014, 09:58 AM

Abandon is a joke , it needs to go out of competitive play / multiplayer. It's a cool thought , like the cold tech blizzards, but in the game it's just stupid.

I played a game 2 days ago where I had 1 3 crits on 3 different tigers and 2 abandoned ones. I could here the RNG god laughing hard.
It's just something you don't want to see happening in big tourneygames.
31 Aug 2014, 10:23 AM

Abandon is a joke , it needs to go out of competitive play / multiplayer. It's a cool thought , like the cold tech blizzards, but in the game it's just stupid.

I played a game 2 days ago where I had 1 3 crits on 3 different tigers and 2 abandoned ones. I could here the RNG god laughing hard.
It's just something you don't want to see happening in big tourneygames.

They can keep it as an option for custom games along with the stupid blizzards.
31 Aug 2014, 15:25 PM

Abandonment is something I've always liked about CoH2.

The problem, I see, is that abandonment happens at very odd times, and results in an incredible slingshot of army power. (Losing a panther or an ISU and giving the enemy one is a rather game changing swing.)

If it were to function in a more sane manner, the abandonment that occurs as an alternative to death should result in a salvageable wreck that first has to be repaired before recrewed.

This would give the player losing the vehicle a slight window of time to return to the field. Usually the vehicle has a main gun destroyed and a damaged/destroyed engine to begin with, but a requirement to repair the wreck to a recrewable state in cases of abandonment would make for less of an impact.

At the very least it would give a better window of time to destroy an abandoned vehicle before it gets repaired by the enemy.

Putting an mg42 in a bad spot and letting the enemy kill and steal it can be incredibly game changing too, but that's a very beloved feature.
31 Aug 2014, 16:54 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Could be interesting, we have loads of vehicle crits that are not used at the moment. Stuff like driver injured, gunner injured etc. These could be tied to vehicle crew health.

This could be interesting. On the other hand...could we decrew tanks with flame weapons ? M3 clowncar :bananadance:
31 Aug 2014, 18:41 PM

If it were to function in a more sane manner, the abandonment that occurs as an alternative to death should result in a salvageable wreck that first has to be repaired before recrewed.

This is a good idea actually. Not sure how it would work though, the easy way would be for an 'Immobilized' or 'Engine Destroyed' critical to trigger, but that would favour Americans because they can ignore criticals.

This could be interesting. On the other hand...could we decrew tanks with flame weapons ? M3 clowncar :bananadance:

This was actually planned early on in the game's development, but it never made it into the game. I assume it was dropped because it didn't work out favourably for gameplay.
2 Sep 2014, 01:37 AM

Wait, I don't have the American faction to see for myself, but what is it about them allows them to ignore criticals?
2 Sep 2014, 02:09 AM

Wait, I don't have the American faction to see for myself, but what is it about them allows them to ignore criticals?

Their Tank Crews, Assault Engineers, and maybe Rear Echelon (not sure on those) have an ability that instantly repairs any critical damage to the vehicle. So crit-locking an abandoned vehicle would force all 3 factions to repair to to full before using it, while the American could just walk up to it with the right squad and have it fully mobile and ready to flee to a safer repair location.
2 Sep 2014, 05:45 AM

Their Tank Crews, Assault Engineers, and maybe Rear Echelon (not sure on those) have an ability that instantly repairs any critical damage to the vehicle. So crit-locking an abandoned vehicle would force all 3 factions to repair to to full before using it, while the American could just walk up to it with the right squad and have it fully mobile and ready to flee to a safer repair location.

Which is complete bs, and should be removed from the faction except for possibly the armor commander.
2 Sep 2014, 05:56 AM

I like that vehicles can be abandoned, but lately I've noticed that they occur too often. Maybe a ninja change in last patch?
2 Sep 2014, 06:36 AM

i think this might be more of a playstyle thing. Doesnt this scenario happen mostly whenever you get attacked and damaged to the destruction of the tank, but the killing hit wasnt a "penetration" hit? I feel like if you have a lot of vehicles going up against a lot of smaller arms itll simply just happen a lot.

But if you have vehicles going up against At guns and tanks itll rarely happen.
2 Sep 2014, 06:44 AM

I got a Priest last night playing as OKW... I like very much!!
2 Sep 2014, 07:05 AM

The games decrew feels completely broken as balls right now. There is ZERO penalty to stealing a vehicle now, there are no more criticles on the decrewed tanks/vehicles anymore. It used to be certain that there would be one critical. That doesnt happen anymore. I don't like it. There needs to be more of a penalty to someone driving off with your tank.
2 Sep 2014, 07:11 AM

Like I said, criticals on abandon would just be advantageous to the American player. Regardless, the "Immobilized" critical would be perfect, since it would prevent the vehicle from moving away (excluding against a resourceful American).
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 38
Germany 25
Korea, Republic Of 2
Germany 46

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %