Login

russian armor

Abandon vehicle occurring more often?

28 Jul 2014, 20:05 PM

Is abandon vehicle occurring more often in the game after the last patch? It used to happen every few other games, now it seems its happening every game and sometimes multiple times in the same game! Have you noticed an increase?
28 Jul 2014, 20:10 PM

Come to think of it, I've noticed it twice since the last patch, once on a utility car and once on a sherman. Before that I hadn't seen it happen for some time.

Not sure if it's happened more often or just feels like it since reading this thread.
28 Jul 2014, 22:04 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

RNG gods are smiling
29 Jul 2014, 05:15 AM

There was one recent game where a jeep was abandoned and I captured it, then it was abandoned and my opponent got it back!
29 Jul 2014, 05:20 AM

I killed two 251's in a row one game and got myself two decent halftracks as USF.

Legit, he sent one, and it was left behind for me to take. Then he sends his second, and i was able to capture that, too.
29 Jul 2014, 06:05 AM

I have been noticing a lot of abandoned vehicles recently actually. Cruzzi? Can you hear us? We seek your wisdom and stats. Any change to vehicle abandon rate? More ninja changes?
29 Jul 2014, 06:38 AM

RNG gods are smiling

+1
30 Jul 2014, 15:09 PM

Could it be that captured enemy vehicles have a higher chance to be abandoned again?
I've seen it a lot of times that I took an abandoned T34 while a pak was still shooting.
Some moments later the T34 was abandoned again but didn't take a significant amount of damage.
30 Jul 2014, 15:15 PM

Could it be that captured enemy vehicles have a higher chance to be abandoned again?
I've seen it a lot of times that I took an abandoned T34 while a pak was still shooting.
Some moments later the T34 was abandoned again but didn't take a significant amount of damage.

its cursed!
30 Jul 2014, 16:30 PM

It seems to happen with Half-Tracks more than anything else.
30 Aug 2014, 18:34 PM

More beautiful abandoned moments today.

First game I get 3 abandon on my tanks in 90 seconds. Basically lose nothing, while my opponent loses his tank trying to destroy the abandoned stug that was just abandoned 10 seconds ago!

And here US player decrews his scout car and steals my abandoned scout car.

What a joke, I have no idea why relic made abandon a feature in the first place, as if there isn't enough rng already.
30 Aug 2014, 18:37 PM
Patrion 15

Yeah abandoned vehicles are just stupid, and should be removed from multiplayer.
30 Aug 2014, 18:40 PM

I think vehicle abandonments are fine, but only would occour when the crew dies (so introduceing the health of the crew for every vehicle). This would remove the RNG compleatly.
30 Aug 2014, 18:46 PM

I think vehicle abandonments are fine, but only would occour when the crew dies (so introduceing the health of the crew for every vehicle). This would remove the RNG compleatly.

That's an interesting idea but I am not sure how it would be implemented. At least it would give you a hint weather a crew is at risk of dieing, but if so how do u heal it?
30 Aug 2014, 18:57 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Aug 2014, 18:46 PMAbdul

That's an interesting idea but I am not sure how it would be implemented. At least it would give you a hint weather a crew is at risk of dieing, but if so how do u heal it?

Like repairing the tank or dissembarking and heal them separately as a squad (vehicle crews for everyone, could be less effective and cannot repair fast like the US crews but would have other abilities!!!). We have the skins and the function.

While in the vehicle, we could see the health of the crew and the tank to make sure all the informantion we need is there.
30 Aug 2014, 19:15 PM

Could be interesting, we have loads of vehicle crits that are not used at the moment. Stuff like driver injured, gunner injured etc. These could be tied to vehicle crew health.
30 Aug 2014, 19:15 PM

Ive just seen it happen 4 times in a single 30 min game! I am ashamed to say, the USF managed to steal an OKW stuka...
30 Aug 2014, 19:34 PM

I'm fine with it, it promotes preservation and discourages blindly suicide-rushing into the enemy lines.
30 Aug 2014, 19:43 PM

Like repairing the tank or dissembarking and heal them separately as a squad (vehicle crews for everyone, could be less effective and cannot repair fast like the US crews but would have other abilities!!!). We have the skins and the function.

While in the vehicle, we could see the health of the crew and the tank to make sure all the informantion we need is there.

That would add a different element to the game but I feel it might complicate things a little too much. I still prefer that abandon be removed.
30 Aug 2014, 19:48 PM

I'm fine with it, it promotes preservation and discourages blindly suicide-rushing into the enemy lines.

Hardly, as the videos illustrate I was rewarded for base rushing by having my stug remain intact while my opponent lost his tank trying to destroy a stug that was abandoned for the second time in 10 seconds!

The second video shows the same situation, rewarding the player that rushed right next to my base with my scout car.

Abandon is a joke and I think should be removed from the game.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★