Login

russian armor

doc priest is the least effective/most expensive mobile ary

29 Jul 2014, 00:55 AM

The problem is more that rocket artillery overperforms against infantry and blobs, which seem to be a bigger part of the meta since WFA. The Priest seems fine and needs neither buffs nor nerfs. The rockets need a nerf across the board, and some immobile howitzers probably need a buff.
29 Jul 2014, 01:13 AM

I've found it to perform very well. I've mostly used it in 2v2s
29 Jul 2014, 01:38 AM

It has a tight radius where the shells hit which make it fantastic for anti-blobbing!
29 Jul 2014, 02:00 AM

It's one of the few good counters the US have to OKW forward HQs. So I use them a lot. They aren't as useful against the whermacht though.
29 Jul 2014, 06:12 AM

the Priest is probably Okay compared to the 152mm and the LeFH.

It's just the stuka make the priest look bad by comparison. You don't need area denial when there's no enemy unit.

The stuka actually make everything look bad by comparison, except for the Katyusha.
29 Jul 2014, 07:12 AM

Priest is good. It's real utility requires a little more finesse than the rocket arties. Try putting it just behind enemy armor while you push with AT guns, for example. It also is accurate enough to devastate blobs.
29 Jul 2014, 07:48 AM

Katyusha, Panzerwerfer and Walking Stuka are rocket artillery, which saturate an area with a lot of rockets. The first two lack the punch to tackle most even slightly armored units, while the latter is ineffective against single targets.
Priest is no rocket artillery, but something in the middle between the Howitzer and the leFH. It's price is higher than both of those, but considering that it's mobile and packs such a punch I think it's fine. It's definitely a unit that needs to be protected more and should be fielded later than the rocket artillery, but I can't see any problems performance wise.

Uh no, both the katyusha and panzerwerfer can damage tanks, especially the katyusha with the latest patch, walking stuka can bring any tank in the US arsenal on the brink of death except for the sherman.

The only thing the priest does better is damage heavy tanks and considering how slow it is we're only talking about jagdtiger and elefant.
31 Aug 2014, 01:58 AM

Is there a reason to get the priest over a m8a1?

The m8a1 can fend off light/medium tanks and its indirect fire does well against OKW trucks/ any infantry /etc. Plus it's more survivable since it's fast (can reverse out of trouble) and has smoke at vet 1.
31 Aug 2014, 02:38 AM

I used a priest on a Kt that hit a mine the other day, the KT crawled away with 1/5 hp.

If you get close enough with this unit scatter is a nonfactor its like using precision strike pretty good at wiping capping squads with the first hit

Also quite good in combination with MGs as the first shot will usually take out a few models and force a retreat

You do need 2 to take out OKW buildings though as sturmpios outrepair one
31 Aug 2014, 11:10 AM

Priest eat medium armor for breakfast, lol
31 Aug 2014, 12:44 PM

Is there a reason to get the priest over a m8a1?

The m8a1 can fend off light/medium tanks and its indirect fire does well against OKW trucks/ any infantry /etc. Plus it's more survivable since it's fast (can reverse out of trouble) and has smoke at vet 1.
Because the two have totally different roles.

The priest is a heavy bombardment weapon made to clear out defenses and campy playstyles, take out buildings like the okw trucks, taking out enemy units in the fog of war, and counter heavy tanks like the Elephant and Jagdtiger.

The M8 is a light artillery weapon like mortars with the added benefit of being a vehicle. It's role is one of constantly harassing infantry, anti-light vehicle, and general AI duty.

The M8 is good, but it really doesn't fill the gap of the US's missing non-doctrinal bombardment weapon that all other factions have
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★