Login

russian armor

Allied Medium Tanks Overperforming/too spammable?

PAGES (8)down
9 Aug 2014, 16:13 PM

The problem is with the tech system, especially with the Soviets, who have literally no reason to do anything but use commanders with infantry and tank call-ins. Fix the non-doctrinal units and tech system and this issue will evaporate.

Yes, I've been trying to use doctrines such as Conscript Support, NKVD, Defenesive Doctrine, Partisans and Irregular doctrines agains OKW. Basically doctrines that rely a lot on soviet stock units and tech structures. And I have come to the conclusion that they just don't work.

The best all-round soviet non doctrinal is a T34/76, which can easily be matched in numbers by Pumas. If a OKW player is smart he will skip T4 against these commanders and only build T2 and 3, which will give him a total teching cost of 40 fuel (80-40 starting fuel). Call-in infantry like JLI deal with soviet stock units, Pumas deal with the stock tanks, and the low teching cost allows for a Stuka zu Fuss to bomb away at AT guns and maxims.

It's sad but I see no other way to play against OKW other than using the optimal doctrines and cheesing with lame builds.
9 Aug 2014, 16:24 PM

The challenge with increasing the cost of the dual T34/85 call in is that it will increase the time to yield on the field. Personally I'd break the dual call in to a single call in in increase the fuel my 15 or whatever.

I think all Allied Medium armor needs to get a get out a jail free card like the Axis counterparts. Vet 1 is smoke unlock rather than the ability to cap a point.
Vaz
9 Aug 2014, 18:58 PM

I have never felt that allied armor is overperforming.

Not even 100 range isu. I guess that will be something I will consistently disagree with the majority of the community. If you get it in the right circumstance it's awesome, but once anything get's close, it's over.
9 Aug 2014, 23:28 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Aug 2014, 16:24 PMNapalm
The challenge with increasing the cost of the dual T34/85 call in is that it will increase the time to yield on the field. Personally I'd break the dual call in to a single call in in increase the fuel my 15 or whatever.

I think all Allied Medium armor needs to get a get out a jail free card like the Axis counterparts. Vet 1 is smoke unlock rather than the ability to cap a point.

The singular 85 is already more expensive.
10 Aug 2014, 05:27 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Aug 2014, 16:24 PMNapalm

T70 should retain the Cap Point ability. That, combined with the Increased Sight is the only thing that makes that tank useful.

For the rest of soviet tanks it will be useful some kind of smoke instead of capping points.
11 Aug 2014, 23:59 PM

Permanently Banned
Sherman is WAY over performing for the price. ITS AI needs a big tone down. Its AT also needs a slight mod. Its wipes half a squad each time....
12 Aug 2014, 00:15 AM

T-34/85 call in needs 260fuel, unless you are talking about the mediocre one with no core infantry.

I never think T-34/85 is a cost/effective tank compare to T-34/76 (since alpha)

And about the Easy 8, it's the best and most/cost effective medium tank in the game, and that's about the US's ultimate tank in the game don't nerf too hard until the proper balanced Pershing arrive.
12 Aug 2014, 00:29 AM

Which is easily obtainable when you're skipping your tech and just wait for call ins.
12 Aug 2014, 00:52 AM

call ins are the only way for soviets to maintain some sort field presence once heavy tanks are in play.

even then, its a 1 trick pony, these are medium tanks with only mobility going for them and penetrate just by almost anything with anti tank properties.

also, t34/85 have to do rear shots to do real damage, the skill required to use them effectively is already very high. they are already nerfed with 10cp cost, i dont see a need for anymore nerfs, they come at a very delayed timing. the reason why you arent already wrecking his lines with a much earlier p4 is because you were probably going t1-t2-tigers strat too, waiting out for call ins.

cut their mobility with good pak/mines positions then watch the entire strategy fall apart while your own heavies/p4s are wrecking his lines.
3 Sep 2014, 01:40 AM

Permanently Banned
Allied tanks are OP for price. By far. Yet again Relic favouring Allies.
3 Sep 2014, 02:09 AM

Permanently Banned
Allied tanks are OP for price. By far. Yet again Relic favouring Allies.

Learn to play
PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight