Login

russian armor

Assault Grenadiers

22 Mar 2015, 18:46 PM

The doc is good, but that is down to the (pretty darn OP) StuG-E. The rest is decidely meh.
If you're positive you are facing Mech assault make sure you get either a fast Sherman (5 cps are quite doable given a solid early) and/or an At gun (Cpt tech or airdropped) and the impact of the StuG-E is greatly reduced. The captain himself is not enough the to stop the StuG-E btw, unless OH completely mismicroes...
Edit: And Katitof...no offence man, but its not like you've ever been seen on the ladder.
22 Mar 2015, 22:38 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Mar 2015, 18:41 PMKatitof

Or use it against USF and just rape USF player with everything the doctrine got?
Such poor doctrine.
Must be almost 90% players use it against USF :loco:

Do you even play the game or are equally detached from meta and gameplay as jaigen or alex?

Does every post you make need to contain an insult?

Anyway; on topic Mechanized Assault without the StuG E would be garbage. Ass grens are expensive and scale like ass, the Pgren call in is just a waste of fuel.

StuG E's into Tigers supported with PaK's works great versus USF, not really much to it other than that.
22 Mar 2015, 23:04 PM

Does every post you make need to contain an insult?

Only the ones responding to ones that go beyond certain limits of stupidity and (lack of) knowledge.
You can stop being a newbie and improve over time, but if you have months of experience and you're still noob, there is no saving for you.
22 Mar 2015, 23:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Mar 2015, 23:04 PMKatitof

Only the ones responding to ones that go beyond certain limits of stupidity and (lack of) knowledge.
You can stop being a newbie and improve over time, but if you have months of experience and you're still noob, there is no saving for you.

Well considering you have exactly zero proof of my "newbieness" while nobody even knows if you play this game anymore I wouldn't exactly say your speaking from a position of authority.

His point that 1-2 Ass grens is stupid and early picking the doc is stupid is 100% correct, ass grens and HT Pgrens are a HUGE noob trap.

The entire point of the doctrine is you don't have to build t3 or t4 because you have the StuG III Ausf E and the Tiger I.
23 Mar 2015, 02:50 AM
Honorary Member Badge

I'm pretty certain someone found your playercard
23 Mar 2015, 02:54 AM

I'm pretty certain someone found your playercard

And? All it says is I play a lot of AT's, I fail to see how there is anything wrong with that. Not to mention Iv posted replays as well.
23 Mar 2015, 10:17 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Mar 2015, 18:41 PMKatitof

Or use it against USF and just rape USF player with everything the doctrine got?
Such poor doctrine.
Must be almost 90% players use it against USF :loco:

Do you even play the game or are equally detached from meta and gameplay as jaigen or alex?

The only one who seems to seriosly deluding is you, little fellow. The amount of bias you prove and idiotic assertion you usualy make is frankly amazing and are matched up only by your bad behaviour online. You don't even deserve an answer for that pudding you wrote, honestly.

23 Mar 2015, 11:39 AM

Well considering you have exactly zero proof of my "newbieness" while nobody even knows if you play this game anymore I wouldn't exactly say your speaking from a position of authority.

His point that 1-2 Ass grens is stupid and early picking the doc is stupid is 100% correct, ass grens and HT Pgrens are a HUGE noob trap.

The entire point of the doctrine is you don't have to build t3 or t4 because you have the StuG III Ausf E and the Tiger I.

Say this to Quentin.
23 Mar 2015, 16:55 PM

Say this to Quentin.

I would but as far as I can tell he doesn't speak English :D

Regardless HT Pgens are stupid, 30 fuel for a HT that can only carry units while the Scout Car can at least attack and the regular one can reinforce :foreveralone:
23 Mar 2015, 17:01 PM

I would but as far as I can tell he doesn't speak English :D

Regardless HT Pgens are stupid, 30 fuel for a HT that can only carry units while the Scout Car can at least attack and the regular one can reinforce :foreveralone:

He does mais tu peux parler avec lui en francais ^^
At least I was able to talk with him without any troubles :)
HT with PzGrens is must-have ability for him.
It's not made to reinforce or to attack, it's made to carry PzGrens behind lines and wipe all crew weapons - such usage is just deadly against soviets T2 (T1 as well.) until cons get at nades. It also force soviet player to upgrade at nades few minutes earlier slowing tech a bit.
23 Mar 2015, 17:04 PM
Donator 11

I think they are worth the price atm... but there are still no replacement for Grenadiers because they leak AT (Panzerfaust)
If you build one or two it should work.
23 Mar 2015, 17:27 PM

He does mais tu peux parler avec lui en francais ^^
At least I was able to talk with him without any troubles :)
HT with PzGrens is must-have ability for him.
It's not made to reinforce or to attack, it's made to carry PzGrens behind lines and wipe all crew weapons - such usage is just deadly against soviets T2 (T1 as well.) until cons get at nades. It also force soviet player to upgrade at nades few minutes earlier slowing tech a bit.

Uh, I always have AT nades by the time HT Pgrens come out, so unless he's gone ONLY T2 with no support it's not going to work.

Really the most useful thing about HT Pgrens is giving them shreks so they can become ultra mobile (if fragile) AT.
27 Mar 2015, 13:30 PM

It allows you to skip T2 (get PzGrens call in & upgrade them with schrecks) for that MVGame StugE spam into Tiger. Saw Quentin doing that against Barton during Star Crossed Cup.
27 Mar 2015, 18:04 PM

They found Alex card a while back, it shows he a rather below average player.So i would suggest he use them more often to get a feel for them.
nee
28 Mar 2015, 01:09 AM

Also remember that like regular Grenadiers, Assault Grenadiers can build bunkers. That might not translate to anti-tank in late-game,
but it DOES mean your pioneers and Grenadiers can go off fighting while your AssGrens are shovelling dirt.
28 Mar 2015, 01:36 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Mar 2015, 18:04 PMGenObi
They found Alex card a while back, it shows he a rather below average player.So i would suggest he use them more often to get a feel for them.

Mechanized is one of my most used Ost doctrines, but HT Pgrens are just a waste of fuel in most cases, when your facing an enemy with AT nades like a con spammer. Versus support weapon spam it's kinda good.

It allows you to skip T2 (get PzGrens call in & upgrade them with schrecks) for that MVGame StugE spam into Tiger. Saw Quentin doing that against Barton during Star Crossed Cup.

Which leaves you with no Pak40, just because Quentin can do it doesn't mean every player can do it.
28 Mar 2015, 02:07 AM
Patrion 14

Ass gren into regular grens seems to work well for the few times I've used this doc. That first, fast unit really helps ostheer early game.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★