Login

russian armor

500 ammo + Scavenger = gg

26 Jul 2014, 01:07 AM

If you have about 500 ammo, you'll be able to drop enough 105 shells on an American base to level it or at least kill 3 buildings. All it takes is a puma to slip through the lines and pop a gg.

Just a tip
26 Jul 2014, 01:21 AM

i have a good feeling that this was a rage thread. If he had 500 ammo he probably wasnt spamming mines like other 1v1 players.
26 Jul 2014, 01:59 AM

Its still a problem lol. I guess they just need to tone down the damage vs buildings per shell to stop it
26 Jul 2014, 02:28 AM

I did it as OKW to a hard AI; no rage just a tip

I found it out incidentally because I have the AI baselocked
26 Jul 2014, 02:35 AM

Just out of curiosity, could someone describe or post a screenshot of the artillery radius as you're selecting it?
26 Jul 2014, 03:14 AM

Just out of curiosity, could someone describe or post a screenshot of the artillery radius as you're selecting it?

its slightly bigger than the US base
26 Jul 2014, 04:01 AM

This is how the game should be.

Buildings should not be invincible, just secure from infantry pushes. These stupid "Shoot down all planes, rotate 360 degrees, do light AV damage enough to scare anything that isn't a medium tank and no artillery zones" are casual as fuck.
26 Jul 2014, 09:45 AM

Really, really big
26 Jul 2014, 16:28 PM

i have a good feeling that this was a rage thread. If he had 500 ammo he probably wasnt spamming mines like other 1v1 players.

I doubt you will even need 500+ ammo. Unless it is fixed, the scavenger doctrinal artillery is still self-repeating without costing ammo after the first strike. Unless you fully repair your base in between, the repeating strikes will clear out the US base.

In any case, even if it was a rage thread, it would totally legit. The scavenger doctrine doesn't have other ammo consuming abilities, and the surprise grenades are basically free. It's not that hard to save up lots of ammo in the late game with this doctrine because there aren't that many things to spend the ammo on at this stage of the game.

For the sake of balance, this arty should not be usable on base sectors.
26 Jul 2014, 16:34 PM

I'd like to see a big red cross when you try to call arty (any arty) on the base of the enemy.
Also with howitzers / b4's / ...

It's so easy to barrage when the enemy is retreating, he just can't do anything if you time the barrage.

Also, incendiary on the base when retreating is a pain.
Support weapons will automatically set their selves up after retreating, and while dancing in the fire, that's not cool.
26 Jul 2014, 16:41 PM

Support weapons will automatically set their selves up after retreating, and while dancing in the fire, that's not cool.

Only maxims, DHKS, 120mm mortars and the pupchen will do that. And the PAK40 if you managed to get them to retreat using propaganda artillery. So most axis support weapons won't set up in the flames.
26 Jul 2014, 18:09 PM

Only maxims, DHKS, 120mm mortars and the pupchen will do that. And the PAK40 if you managed to get them to retreat using propaganda artillery. So most axis support weapons won't set up in the flames.

"Only", he says...
26 Jul 2014, 18:29 PM

"Only", he says...

Yes. I said "Only". Out of the 4 support weapons that auto set up, only 1 is axis...
26 Jul 2014, 19:14 PM

This could very well be a viable strategy in a 4v4 with some OKH trucks and caches
26 Jul 2014, 19:44 PM

This could very well be a viable strategy in a 4v4 with some OKH trucks and caches

I'm not sure, you could blow up someones base, but that won't instantly win the game like in 1v1.
26 Jul 2014, 20:11 PM

If you nerf it, than let the call in come faster like the phosphorus smoke...
27 Jul 2014, 02:50 AM

I doubt you will even need 500+ ammo. Unless it is fixed, the scavenger doctrinal artillery is still self-repeating without costing ammo after the first strike. Unless you fully repair your base in between, the repeating strikes will clear out the US base.

In any case, even if it was a rage thread, it would totally legit. The scavenger doctrine doesn't have other ammo consuming abilities, and the surprise grenades are basically free. It's not that hard to save up lots of ammo in the late game with this doctrine because there aren't that many things to spend the ammo on at this stage of the game.

For the sake of balance, this arty should not be usable on base sectors.

actually you need 600-700 ammo stored up to guarantee a base wipe. ~500 will destroy around 2 buildings.
also they fixed the repeating arty bug. havent seen it in many uses of the arty.
30 Jul 2014, 13:30 PM

Was messing around with US BOs in 1v1 last night and actually had this done to me on Kholodny. He ran 2 pumas at me and 1 of em managed to limp into my base and ended the game via arty.

He hadn't used muni up to that point as far as I could see, just spammed falls to stall and try to hold any sort of map control. He transferred any fuel to muni to afford the arty.

Imo I suppose. It's a lame way to win after an opponent gets outplayed. Probably just not allow it to be used on a base as suggested and the issue is resolved :)
10 Aug 2014, 03:35 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Jul 2014, 13:30 PMsiLLy
Was messing around with US BOs in 1v1 last night and actually had this done to me on Kholodny. He ran 2 pumas at me and 1 of em managed to limp into my base and ended the game via arty.

He hadn't used muni up to that point as far as I could see, just spammed falls to stall and try to hold any sort of map control. He transferred any fuel to muni to afford the arty.

Imo I suppose. It's a lame way to win after an opponent gets outplayed. Probably just not allow it to be used on a base as suggested and the issue is resolved :)

Can i see the replay of what he did, because i'm seriously interested in the Scavenge Doctrine :D
11 Aug 2014, 04:52 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Jul 2014, 13:30 PMsiLLy

Falls with scavenge doctrine?? Maybe you mean JLI
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS