Login

russian armor

US vs Machinegun : How to counter it ?

25 Jul 2014, 17:17 PM

I'm struggling.

As US Player in almos every map if i fight against Axis with brain that gets they're mg's well covered by each other i can't do anything until the M20. And by that time they probably already have a rocketwerfer or even a couple of squads that shoot me with the shreks, destroying engine and ultimatly the whole M20.

So i should need a Stuart or something better, but by that time i probably made sooo less fuel that they will already have a PZ4 or a Puma.

So, how the heck i'm supposed to counter them in an efficient way (so possibly as soon as they make it. And both for Wehrmacht or OKW is pretty damn soon (the kubelwagen isn't an issue, unless is protected by sturmpios)
25 Jul 2014, 17:29 PM

Smoke grenade. The grenade upgrade is necessary in that situation. Especially for multiple mgs, otherwise flanking always reward itself.
25 Jul 2014, 17:31 PM

Hi Ther0,

I found Smoke grenade pretty handy. It either forces the MG to reposition or you can move on top of the MG and engage it from close range outside its firing arc.

25 Jul 2014, 17:34 PM

well the obvious answer is flanking it, though thats not always very easy to do.

if you have mechanized, a wc51 with a rifle in it will make quick work of an mg.

probably the best answer is grenades. early grenades help a lot. smoke in front of that mg and it will buy you enough time to get unsupressed. you can often force a retreat after that unless the mg has a lot of support
25 Jul 2014, 17:35 PM

As someone said before, try to keep your units spread out enough that if one gets caught in the arc, the other can go around and flank it. Smoke grenades are also very handy for getting past them and nullifying their threat.

If you find yourself facing someone who builds tons of MGs and they all cover eachother, that's a sign he's focusing on one point. Go and try to cap everywhere else instead. Take his fuel, his munitions, creep around the map building your own map control. MGs are not fast and he won't be able to react very well to this.
25 Jul 2014, 17:59 PM

will try to use more smokes, thanks !
25 Jul 2014, 18:25 PM

First thing you should get after you have all your Riflemen on the field is the Grenade upgrade. After that you'll just bleed munitions the entire game spamming smoke and frag grenades to deal with weapons teams.
25 Jul 2014, 18:37 PM

Avoid fighting until you have Lieutenant, equip Rifles with Bar, M1919 and just walk into it with at least 3 squads. Easy.
I am being serious.
25 Jul 2014, 19:21 PM
25 Jul 2014, 23:54 PM

Smoke grenades and flanking.

Also, as was said, multiple MG's covering each other usually means that they are setting up shop on one point. Just cap the rest of the map, and force him to move around his MG's to react.
raw
26 Jul 2014, 08:00 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jul 2014, 23:26 PMArclyte

This guy sounds like he's honestly asking for advice, and you bring your shitty biased whining here to derail it. stfu.

To answer the op, riflemen smoke grenades are the best in the game, use them.

26 Jul 2014, 08:06 AM

Smoke grenades and use heavy cover as much as you can.
26 Jul 2014, 10:03 AM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

Let's not get this nice thread derailed ok? Arclyte, please avoid direct accusations and insults to other users.
26 Jul 2014, 10:57 AM

Let's not get this nice thread derailed ok? Arclyte, please avoid direct accusations and insults to other users.

I don't think what he said was insulting at all. A user came in here and instead of offering an actual suggestion he said something which is just blatantly untrue and used it as a soapbox for balance complaints. I think Arclyte was perfectly justified in calling him out given his post history on this forum consists of rabid bias.

Anyways, you're right, that's enough derailment.

If you have anymore questions OP, feel free to ask!
26 Jul 2014, 14:25 PM

No, i'm fine with that.

I admit i never thought about smokes to deal with mgs but it really seems the most obvious way to deal wit them.

If i only find how to deal with sturmpios since 9 times out of 10 even if i'm behind heavy cover they just rush at me forcing to retreat, i think i will be just fine.

So far the best counter seems (if you're lucky enough) the 2vet rifleman with the infantry commander.
26 Jul 2014, 19:50 PM

If you're behind cover already when the sturmpios charge, you should win that fight. If you have to move into cover while they approach, yes you're dead. The counter to sturmpios is staying far away from them.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS