Login

russian armor

Dear Relic

25 Jul 2014, 15:49 PM

Today i got a survey suggestion after a game. It was after a game i tried Katyushas first time after the last patch and are you kidding me? Do you try to balance the game or make different units superior by time to time? Also there was nothing on the survey about the billion bugs and bullshit things you have not fixed so i write it here.

Today i saw a Pak43 behind a building that can shoot trought the building, i dont think this is a new trick since the map is Kholdy winter... Why is this not fixed? Why can you still block cover with unfinished barbed wire? Why the other billion other bugs not listed here. Like seriously relic lights the fuck up and make the game sensible before you make anything new or more... ok? You do exellent job sometimes, but sometimes i feel if you guys just have no idea of anything... Maybe you guys have too small crew and Sega decides what you need to do? I don´t know, but the truth is the that after one year of the release date your game is still completely shit with all the ingredients to be the best RTS game there is.

Dayaveer the very frustrated casual player who thought this is the perfect RTS game to play.
25 Jul 2014, 15:52 PM

This thread...its...it's giving me cancer!

Edit: I should say something in regards to the post... Take a seat dude, the Pak 43 has always been like that and it shouldn't be changed, it doesn't need fixing.
Most of your posts just yells L2P. Maybe check the streams or casts to see how to counter a pak43, might help.
25 Jul 2014, 15:56 PM

You dont want the ridicilous things and bugs to be fixed? ^^
25 Jul 2014, 15:58 PM

This thread...its...it's giving me cancer!

Edit: I should say something in regards to the post... Take a seat dude, the Pak 43 has always been like that and it shouldn't be changed, it doesn't need fixing.
Most of your posts just yells L2P. Maybe check the streams or casts to see how to counter a pak43, might help.

Why on earth should it shoot trough a building? :o
25 Jul 2014, 16:03 PM

Because its stationary, it's easily flanked, it's slow when adjusting firing ark...
Learn to flank it, learn to counter it.
Arty/Katty/Mortar precision strike/call ins.

The Pak43 has been like that since the game was out and no one complains about it except when it's a L2P issue.
25 Jul 2014, 16:05 PM

It is a weird mechanic, but without it the Pak43 would be completely pointless.

Before you only realize when it is too late, the Jagdtiger does the same.
25 Jul 2014, 16:05 PM

Because this game tries to be historically accurate...ooh, right.

It's basically to make it more useful - lots of buildings blocking targets means it wouldn't shoot much, and it's also so people can keep it protected by building it behind a building. It doesn't make any sense at all beyond that.
25 Jul 2014, 16:12 PM

It isn't very realistic, shooting through stuff and all, but it has always been that way and is intended. It's perfectly fine. Katy on the other hand... dunno about that one.
25 Jul 2014, 16:35 PM

Guys you seriously think that armor piercing round would no go trough wooden house ? Pak43 is fine. It's easy countered, hard to be secured from enemy and can only focus on 1 vp cause of short range. Pak 43 is at weapon. It doesn't shoot high explosive round which would instantly stop by impact :P
25 Jul 2014, 16:36 PM

Unfinished wire can be shot and destroyed.
25 Jul 2014, 16:44 PM

I don't know much about these things but I think AP rounds shooting through obstacles isn't that unusual.

The big question is, if you put a Pak 43 behind an OKW truck and it shoots through the truck, does the truck get damaged :D Buildings in front of a Pak 43 gradually fall apart. Or just capture a Pak 43 and obliterate your opponents trucks.
25 Jul 2014, 16:51 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

Pak43 y JT can shoot trought the building.
25 Jul 2014, 16:56 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jul 2014, 16:35 PMVIPUKS
Guys you seriously think that armor piercing round would no go trough wooden house ?

Better question: Do you think it's possible to aim through a house, six trees and a fence?

Do you think a shell that's already gone through a foot of brick and some quantity of trees would still have the same penetration capacity as one fired through none of those things?

Because that's what we have right now.

TBH, it's stupid but it's pretty much required from a gameplay point of view. I just wish that the further it went through terrain objects, the less pen the shells had.
25 Jul 2014, 17:16 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jul 2014, 16:35 PMVIPUKS
Guys you seriously think that armor piercing round would no go trough wooden house ? Pak43 is fine. It's easy countered, hard to be secured from enemy and can only focus on 1 vp cause of short range. Pak 43 is at weapon. It doesn't shoot high explosive round which would instantly stop by impact :P

Wait what? How the fuck are you going to aim a tank trough 2-3 wooden walls? GL on that... :D

On the balance comments, simply make the game balanced with SENSE, not trough unbelivable bullshit that casual players are like :o is that shit possible?
25 Jul 2014, 17:20 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jul 2014, 16:36 PMVIPUKS
Unfinished wire can be shot and destroyed.

And thanks for this, did not know this.
25 Jul 2014, 17:29 PM
Honorary Member Badge

that is part of the intended design ofn the unit it is not a bug. basicalyl you can kill/decrew it with any artillery or flank it but it can shoot through shotblockers.

also as to beliveablity if bullets can go through 1 end of a house adn out the other so can a at gun shell.
25 Jul 2014, 17:36 PM

Well you actually need offmap arty to do that since the house will block "all?" the other arty shots ^^ If this is the case then i really need to stop playing CoH since it really is not my game. Cant just play a game that is balanced trough completely unrealistic and senseless things.
25 Jul 2014, 17:37 PM

Wait what? How the fuck are you going to aim a tank trough 2-3 wooden walls? GL on that... :D

Maybe they have X-ray IR trucks like the OKW uses! :p
25 Jul 2014, 17:40 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

@ OP

If you listened and (just as importantly) comprehended the Relic Twitch cast yesterday, you will know that the Katyusha is under review.

And as others have said, the Pak 43 has worked as intended since day 1 practically. There is a Relic cast last year, where PQumsieh plays Kholodny and demonstrates its positioning.

Please,pretty please! Could you (and like-minded souls)quit with the self-entitled "Dear Relic" or "Relic must listen" etc cr@p?

Advocacy is the technique of persuasion. Your aggressive stance helps nobody -all it is guaranteed to do, is to drive Relic Devs away, just as they were starting to return again after the February hiatus.....

Braden Chan has set up a thread for observations: go there and post politely. Please,pretty please?

25 Jul 2014, 17:42 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jul 2014, 17:37 PMMadeMan

Maybe they have X-ray IR trucks like the OKW uses! :p

Hehe probably they do!

But since Relic themselves always said they want to make it something like "historically realistic" so i have always thought that there would be some sense in this shit... but no, i guess it is more likely just their stubborn excuse to do idiotic shit as they want ^^ Sry for negativity but Relic you don´t deserve any respect, SPECIALLY after you promise that you get all the commanders and everything if you buy deluxe edition of CoH2. Did not take long that you canceled it :D If you would have done this AFTER the US and OKW i would have understood it because of the drop system, but what you did before was just bullshit and i did mistake to buy Western Front Armies...
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 64
Germany 22
unknown 19

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak