Login

russian armor

ISU-152 One Shotting Squads

25 Jul 2014, 04:58 AM

The current iteration of the ISU-152 one shots full squads with alarming frequency. During late game, having vetted squads get wiped basically ensures that you'll lose the game which makes this unit especially brutal.

There seems to be no way to counter this unit currently, and it seems to be better than the Elefant in every way right now.

While it was underpowered for a long time, Relic went too far with the buffs. I'd be happy if its anti tank ability was maintained, but its anti infantry was nerfed significantly.
25 Jul 2014, 05:01 AM

The only counter would be jagdtiger. It has bigger range (i think 85 or 80) and has way bigger armor than elehpant so you will still stand vs 2 isus at the same time.
25 Jul 2014, 05:04 AM

It seems a bit silly to me that I can't even counter this thing with an anti-tank gun though, since it will get decrewed with 1 shot 80% of the time.
25 Jul 2014, 05:07 AM

Same old gripes.

The ISU-152 is a stupid unit to begin with, anti everything at 75 range massive splash with the ability to extend sight and shoot through any obstacle...

Does a great job at killing everything except jadgtiger.

Plus the one shot thing is just so freaking irritating. Unless you have an elephant or jagd this thing is GG in the hands of a competent player.
25 Jul 2014, 05:12 AM

The anti infantry is the best thing about it. i would never use it if it had its anti inf nerfed as as it has poor armour and is slow, p4s can take it out with eaze.
25 Jul 2014, 05:15 AM

The anti infantry is the best thing about it. i would never use it if it had its anti inf nerfed as as it has poor armour and is slow, p4s can take it out with eaze.

You mean if it's sitting in the middle of a field with absolutely no backup? One AT nade and your looking at a very dead Panzer IV.

The issue is getting to it, and the fact that it outranges all of it's potential counters.
25 Jul 2014, 05:29 AM

Flank it?...it is slow and it's range was nerfed....oh and AT gun won't work,your best bet are P4,Panther or Tiger circlelelstrafe
25 Jul 2014, 08:49 AM

Don't worry everyone uses Katyusha now. ISU-152 is rare till some time I guess.
25 Jul 2014, 08:52 AM

I dont like squadwipe potential, on any vehicle.

Imo the only one that is somewhat justified to it, is Brummbar, but even on that, if I had my choice, I would reduce the wipe potential a bit.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★