Login

russian armor

Der Fallschirmjäger

25 Jul 2014, 03:37 AM

I am not completely sure about the change of their stat since Alpha, and I am not sure I sucks at using them or they just plainly sucks.

I can't noticed their DPS any higher than 2 Volks, and they are crazily expensive. It is sad that the Luftwaffe doctrine is used only for the buffed MG34.

How do you guys use them? why do you choose them over Ober?
I can't find a reason using them except,

- wiping out retreating squad by the house on the retreat path
- fausting a near dead tank
- some Soivet guys park their maxim beside the house

etc
25 Jul 2014, 03:44 AM

Yep. Those are the reasons. Not mainline infantry. DPS aint impressive, and fragile with capital F.
25 Jul 2014, 03:50 AM

Yeah they're very fragile. The only real uses I see them having are the ones you stated. Their ability to come out of buildings behind enemy lines can really turn engagements in your favor.
25 Jul 2014, 04:12 AM

I've always treated them as a 'saving a skirmish' unit. If the units that are fighting are losing but have a chance of winning (and this chance can be provided by 1 FJ) I call it in from a building behind the Opfor.

I do not get obersoldaten with LW due to the FJ's being there with the volks and MG34s.

Airborne assault is good but I need to learn how to use it better in a match.
25 Jul 2014, 04:33 AM

If you don't move them, their dps is really high.
25 Jul 2014, 04:43 AM

They are only really good when they get vet - cloaked and buffed they are awesome

You cannot use them alone though, as has been said; they are too fragile

Could do with a small cost reduction
25 Jul 2014, 06:18 AM

Currently, everything Falls can do, Jaeger Light Inf can do better and at cheaper cost except faust + nade. Falls need something to stay competitive till late game, rifleman with BAR outDPS them.
25 Jul 2014, 06:22 AM

faust and nade are two really important abilities imo. also i think all these fragile-small squad size units are supposed to used more ambush style, hiding them behind LoS blockers near strategic points to ambush individual squads.
fallschirmjager, JLI, and sturmpios all come to mind that excel at these tasks. their individual medium/close range firepower is really impressive and can take on most squads in close quarters if they have the element of usrprise
25 Jul 2014, 07:06 AM

Would make more sense to make Fallschirmjäger real elite and debuff Obersoldaten. A Doctrine based elite unit should be better than the standard buildable...
25 Jul 2014, 08:42 AM

Dont move them while you're shooting, and you have very high DPS as stated before
25 Jul 2014, 08:45 AM

Falls need a place in the game, they feel way to weak for their cost.
25 Jul 2014, 08:45 AM

+ they get better with Vet.
25 Jul 2014, 08:56 AM

I don't think that they are as bad as stated but yeah they are quite expensive and not as strong as before.
The main problem imo is that they die brutally fast. In addition they don't stay in their house when called.
It happens more than it should that I call the FJ only to see a small area for the short time and then I have to retreat them immediately to prevent a squad wipe.

Back then in Alpha they were beasts like pre patch Obersoldaten. Ah, the good old times...
25 Jul 2014, 09:03 AM

I think they are the most frustrating thing in coh2 now.
I mean, together with these Jaegersquads they just spawn anywhere in buildings without the need of LOS and thus spawn behind your well defended lines.

You got a triple vet mortar there? Np let met spawn fallschirms or jaegers here and wipe them instantly.
Your doublevet b4? Wiped.

I know about supporting your support weapons, but I dont like the fact that I have to babysit every squad.

Also, destroying buildings is indeed an option, but that takes so much time on maps like angermeunde or Ettel.

Seriously, its a joke.
25 Jul 2014, 09:14 AM

Only the reasons you state are very very usefull and worth the price largely!

You can't keep a stable front if the OKW take them on mostly map. And soviet need this. You can do a rampage on maxim and ziz.

You can win the game just by instant poping them on a house on a retreat way (on moscow if enemy is in top location for example)and finishing all unit if the player back with low life unit

And also you can use them for cap behind line also (cap star on minsk for example)

But yes you can't spam them. They are very very expansive and the MP drain after the use for these things is huge. The price is not for the dps and survivability of the unit. Too high for this. It's for the possibility to instant pop in any house.
25 Jul 2014, 10:00 AM

you want to add more dps to a okw elite unit that can spawn from any building? please dont. no, nie, nyet, nein.

They may be costly, maybe a bit too much, but their dps is still very high. Okw also gets access to Jäger, which can spawn from buildings too, Panzerfüs, that soak up damage and have 6 G43's that are way easier to get with 100% muni income, and Obersoldaten, which dps is ridiculous to say the least.

As US, your infantry cant do much when these elite units hit the field. Well, maybe with US lmg's (doctrinal!).
As Soviet, you need to get either Shocks or use Guards really really well. You cant go for script focused doctrines. You simply get your ass handed over to you.

Leave falls as they are.
25 Jul 2014, 10:27 AM

I feel they do pretty good damage

but how about if they got a received accuracy buff or armour or something? 'Cos they do get ripped to pieces a bit fast :(

@ Kreatir - It's not like they can destroy the B4, just decrew it. Try not building it near houses or guard it with an MG.
25 Jul 2014, 11:17 AM

you want to add more dps to a okw elite unit that can spawn from any building? please dont. no, nie, nyet, nein.

They may be costly, maybe a bit too much, but their dps is still very high. Okw also gets access to Jäger, which can spawn from buildings too, Panzerfüs, that soak up damage and have 6 G43's that are way easier to get with 100% muni income, and Obersoldaten, which dps is ridiculous to say the least.

As US, your infantry cant do much when these elite units hit the field. Well, maybe with US lmg's (doctrinal!).
As Soviet, you need to get either Shocks or use Guards really really well. You cant go for script focused doctrines. You simply get your ass handed over to you.

Leave falls as they are.

Panzerfusiliers only get 3 G43s.
25 Jul 2014, 11:19 AM
Senior Strategist Badge

Falls are too weak for the 440 mp they require.
nee
25 Jul 2014, 11:36 AM

I wish they had some upgrades to represent their better firepower. Yeah I know, this sort of means they are not going to be used in the way they are now.
The upgrades could depend on doctrine abilities as well, assuming down the line more OKW commanders get to deploy FJs. G43s with a suppression ability instead of FG42s I am thinking of. A shorter ranged upgrade like MP40s plus stun grenades could also be another alternative. The FG42 itself could be an upgrade, though this might mean that one of the aforementioned upgrades will have to take its place as vanilla weapons.
I personally like to see the FG42s being an upgrade given their firepower, but this might mean reducing the manpower cost as well as finding a siutable alternative weapon for them, less they become near-useless for anything besides panzerfausting a near-dead tank. IMO their Panzerfaust is one of the bigges reasons why I even bother using them, besides an emergency deployment to help a firefight.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★