Login

russian armor

Remove Road to Kharkov from the map pool please

25 Jul 2014, 02:45 AM

This map terribly Favors the northern spawn. I am asking for it to be removed from the pool because the veto system bugs out soo much.
25 Jul 2014, 02:47 AM

25 Jul 2014, 03:04 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

Well I hate this map, but I think it terribly favors the southern spawn. Maybe that means it's actually balanced.
25 Jul 2014, 03:09 AM
Honorary Member Badge

the veto system bugs out soo much.

short answer: its a feature :D

confusing long answer: that isn't a bug btw its suppose to work that way. while its vetoed if it doesn't find a game in an aloted amount of time or there are no games it will add the veto maps back in the pool. to increase game finding speed. basically it cna't find a game at your level fast enough so it looks in your veto list to. :)

25 Jul 2014, 03:18 AM

I wouldn't necessarily agree. I have been successful on both the Northern and Southern spawns. What exactly about the Northern spawn do you find gives the advantage?
25 Jul 2014, 03:21 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jul 2014, 03:04 AMRomeo
Well I hate this map, but I think it terribly favors the southern spawn. Maybe that means it's actually balanced.

Well what reasons do you have for thinking that?

Here are my reasons for the north player being favored:

1) all the VPs significantly closer to the north spawn
2) The south player has to move farther to reach their cut-offs
3) North player is closer to their cut-offs
4) Because of how far out the south cut off is, The north player has a much easier time cutting the south player off and reinforcing it faster
5) the south resource points have cover on all sides from all approaches, the north resource points have cover protecting the north player while the both the road and the bottom entrance are cover-less making it harder for the south player to go for that VP and the resources
6) the east VP is covered by a building and green cover stone wall allowing the North player to easily hold that point
7) the plethora of green cover on the north half of the map which is easier and faster to reach allow the South a much easier time defending the VPs, their cut off, and harass your opponent from safety.
25 Jul 2014, 04:35 AM

IMO south is better in 1v1 because your cutoff is easier to approach if you get forced off, and north is better in 2v2 because it's easy to defend all 3 VPs thanks to placement of cover/buildings.

It's a good 1v1 map.
25 Jul 2014, 05:34 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jul 2014, 03:09 AMWiFiDi

short answer: its a feature :D

confusing long answer: that isn't a bug btw its suppose to work that way. while its vetoed if it doesn't find a game in an aloted amount of time or there are no games it will add the veto maps back in the pool. to increase game finding speed. basically it cna't find a game at your level fast enough so it looks in your veto list to. :)

Relic said that vetoes only come in effect after you get a match. That way you dont miss out on any matchup
25 Jul 2014, 07:49 AM

North is doomed because if the cut off is taken, it is extremely hard getting it back because of the damn shot blocking crap around it, it is much better than before when the house is removed. Also the North fuel point is harder to defend against harassment.

The South is keep their muni and fuel safe, very easily.
25 Jul 2014, 10:26 AM

Well what reasons do you have for thinking that?

There is one single reason why southern spawn is favoured.

It's the damn fucking bush covering the north cutoff. The south cutoff is in the open (even red cover) and can be easily covered with an mg but in the north the bush blocks shots and vision.
25 Jul 2014, 11:19 AM

I love this map. Remove it and I will never ever play coh again.
25 Jul 2014, 11:20 AM

Are you crazy? I love this map. Such a good map for flanking and heavy mortar play.

If it needs few more tuches to make it balanced than yes please do it but don't remove it.
25 Jul 2014, 15:00 PM

I don't have any complains with this map, but I would like to be able to veto more than 4 maps.
25 Jul 2014, 15:30 PM

I like this map and if anything North is the classic spot to get pinned at your cut off.

Maybe try mixing it up and using a very different style to your normal play. Not all strategys work well on all maps.
25 Jul 2014, 15:50 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I still prefer to play on the south.
25 Jul 2014, 16:28 PM

Ok this thread did not go as well as I had thought. I will open a new balance thread in the next few days detailing why I believe the north spawn is very favored
25 Jul 2014, 16:52 PM

I really like some parts of this map, and I think tactically, it has some really cool stuff in it early-mid game. The dynamics of the open fields, the building cluster on the west side, the close quarter combat around the center, variety of cover, cool shot blockers, fence hopping and stuff.

But I think late game there are some problems with it. I think if you made the trees around the center vp crushable, it would really open up the map late game. Maybe not idk.
25 Jul 2014, 16:54 PM

I have to agree with someday - The Vp and cutoff placements are a huge deal especially in 2v2 onm this map. the centre Vp is way more easy to hold for the northern player
25 Jul 2014, 17:10 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

It seems a resource vs VP advantage you may have. And it´s easier to put pressure having the edge on the first rather than on the 2nd one.

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jul 2014, 07:49 AMPorygon
North is doomed because if the cut off is taken, it is extremely hard getting it back because of the damn shot blocking crap around it, it is much better than before when the house is removed. Also the North fuel point is harder to defend against harassment.

The South is keep their muni and fuel safe, very easily.
25 Jul 2014, 17:28 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Ok this thread did not go as well as I had thought. I will open a new balance thread in the next few days detailing why I believe the north spawn is very favored

OMG! Please do not, I beg you. B-)

How much do you demand by ransom to keep quiet? $20? A faceplate or 3? Ostruppen Commander? Name your price, and we can see if we can afford it........
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 49
Germany 37

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment