Login

russian armor

Katyusha seriously need a nerf

• This thread is locked
PAGES (20)down
24 Jul 2014, 16:32 PM

I dunno how to explain it to Soviet players who are now having fun destroying evrything with Katyusha...

Imagine Walking Stuka fired 4 creeping barrages at once, imagine it had range to reach your base without putting itself in danger and imagine it could do this once a minute every minute.

If the Stuka was OP, it was never this bad.
24 Jul 2014, 16:58 PM

It's actually so awesome to see some German tears for once.

Now you know how we feel when your walking stukas insta wipe like 2-3 squads. I will admit the Kat needs a cost increase if it is going to keep this insane damage, but I do really like finally being able to counter the stupid OKW blob of doom.

Also the OKW trucks needs a HP increase vs arty, 2 kats firing simultaneously can wipe a truck instantly.

Other than that I like the new Kat changes, it helps counter the huge buffs the OKW got in the last patch.
24 Jul 2014, 17:01 PM

Your text..
jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jul 2014, 08:10 AMBled

That's just blatant ignorance. You're figuratively utilizing the "nuh-uh, you are" retort. Without sufficient evidence or even perspective, your posts just come across as desperation.

As many people have pointed out, including myself, the katyusha is brutally punishing to OKW specifically. In basic specifics -- The walking stuka is a counter to mass set up squads and blobbing. The katyusha rips apart the core of the OKW army essence. And though yes, while the vulnerability of forward bases is a huge issue, the actual problem is the point for point punishment for losing an OKW squad vs any other faction, but MOST especially in comparison to RU.

This silly argument of "don't nerf this without that" is baseless.

Some people can't be reasoned with. Katyusha in it's current form just completely destroy OKW and their halftrack stations. It's ridiculous. Balance changes like these make question whether they're even tested. This needs a hotfix
24 Jul 2014, 17:03 PM

How good is the Katyusha now? Is it as good as the panzerwerfer or walking stuka?
24 Jul 2014, 17:04 PM

--- sorry for double post ---
24 Jul 2014, 17:04 PM

How good is the Katyusha now? Is it as good as the panzerwerfer or walking stuka?

better than both of those.
24 Jul 2014, 17:05 PM

Walking Stuka fires 50% slower but has 100% accuracy and does way more damage if the bombs hit something. Kat punishes blobs with its first 3 rockets, then they move, then it functions as an area denial weapon.

People are upset because right now Kat can easily destroy the OKW trucks, other than that it's pretty much fine in comparison with walking stuka. Just needs a price increase.
24 Jul 2014, 17:06 PM

Wtf is Frikadelle still doing here.

Whos privates has he kissed?

Stalin's. MVGame
24 Jul 2014, 17:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jul 2014, 08:36 AMBurts

Nope. It is called being agressive. For some reason people love playing defensively .

However I am talking about 1 v1 . Team games have always been a hugee clusterfuck.

... What?

This isn't a debate on the merits of aggressive versus defensive strategy. Your justification for sending in a lone puma to "hardcounter" the katyusha is the product of either a bias stance or inexperience.

No decent player is going to let a puma waltz across the field to take out a katyusha. That's not "being agressive," that's being careless stupid.
24 Jul 2014, 17:14 PM

I checked the stats on the linked site, and was surprised to see Katyusha not only has longer range (40) but also a smaller scatter distance, than Panzerwerfer.

Very strange.

Range needs attention, as does AoE, as dmg is same as Panzerwerfer.

Seems to have been really quite seriously overbuffed, out of proportion to equivalents.
I missed a few patches so I must not have noticed this or I would have spoken up earlier.
24 Jul 2014, 17:30 PM

It was overbuffed and needs a damage decrease, as well as a AoE or accuracy nerf. 160 damage is too much, it should be 120 max. Perhaps a small range decrease?

On the other hand, people saying it's useful against OKW trucks, well... yes? That's kinda a point of getting rocket artillery, especially when the T3 truck is a big area denial for infantry and light vehicles. If you put it near the frontlines, well, you're taking a big risk.

24 Jul 2014, 17:39 PM

If you nerf katyusha, walking stuka should get a nerf too.
24 Jul 2014, 17:42 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jul 2014, 17:39 PMazual

Explain and quantify your post please.

As it is like this, it doesnt explain at all "why" or "how".
24 Jul 2014, 17:48 PM

Explain and quantify your post please.

As it is like this, it doesnt explain at all "why" or "how".

Because allies had to learn not to blob, and even then walking stuka can single handedly destroy 2-3 squads and tanks.

This is a knee jerk reaction to the same thing.

Relic obviously intended this as there is a 300+ thread on why the walking stuka is broken so they probably wanted the other rocket arty brought in line. It needs a cost increase, thats it.
24 Jul 2014, 17:49 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jul 2014, 17:39 PMazual

On what grounds? lol. Fanboyism at its best.
24 Jul 2014, 17:54 PM

Because allies had to learn not to blob, and even then walking stuka can single handedly destroy 2-3 squads and tanks.

This is a knee jerk reaction to the same thing.

Relic obviously intended this as there is a 300+ thread on why the walking stuka is broken so they probably wanted the other rocket arty brought in line. It needs a cost increase, thats it.

Allies still blob.

Dat fresh fanboyism smell...

Its the same 5 people arguing against tons of people who know what they are saying. Talk is cheap.

It needs a cooldowm increase*

6 280 mm rockets take a helluva long time fo load for the stuka zu fuss. Its the same for the katyusha's 16 180 mm rockets.
24 Jul 2014, 17:56 PM

Allies still blob.

Dat fresh fanboyism smell...

Its the same 5 people arguing against tons of people who know what they are saying. Talk is cheap.

It needs a cooldowm increase*

6 280 mm rockets take a helluva long time fo load for the stuka zu fuss. Its the same for the katyusha's 16 180 mm rockets.

Yes call me a fanboi despite the fact that I play all factions pretty regularly.

Your argument makes about as much sense.

The stukas reload time means its balanced?

You are conveniently ignoring the post that has about 12,000 views which clearly indicates it is not balanced. So yea fanboism works both ways.

The stuka still maintains 100% accuracy and does far more damage in a much shorter time despite the fact that it has a longer fucking reload. Right now the only problem with the Kat is it can be spammed while the werfer cannot. Hence the goddamn cost increase.
24 Jul 2014, 18:02 PM

I dont see your playercard, so i cant tell. Also, ive only seen you on threads defending everything allied and attacking Axis counterparts.

That 12,000 view thread is also filled with "Its fine" with players of all factions of all experience.

Stuka zu fuss does little damage to static constructed buildings (ambient buildings apparently collaps very easily to it).

16 katyusha rockets destroy any static consctruct and ambient buildings very easily. Stuka zu fuss is most effective against support teams. Katyusha is good against any infantry from just the first barrage.

Why are you flaming a cooldown increase to the stuka zu fuss's, if you think its only as good as the stuka zu fuss? Lol.
24 Jul 2014, 18:08 PM

Yes call me a fanboi despite the fact that I play all factions pretty regularly.

Your argument makes about as much sense.

The stukas reload time means its balanced?

You are conveniently ignoring the post that has about 12,000 views which clearly indicates it is not balanced. So yea fanboism works both ways.

The stuka still maintains 100% accuracy and does far more damage in a much shorter time despite the fact that it has a longer fucking reload. Right now the only problem with the Kat is it can be spammed while the werfer cannot. Hence the goddamn cost increase.

You are high.

The stuka does not have 100% accuracy, it is not a carpet bomb of death, there are PLENTY of instances where not only directly targeted squads go unwiped, but untouched due to the random placement of each 280. Don't even attempt to argue there are similar examples regarding the katyusha.

It has been said to death in this thread, and the only reason it's being rehashed over and over is because half the people in this thread are not giving it a proper read through.
24 Jul 2014, 18:12 PM

how do you lose 3 squads and tanks if youre not blobbing? in fact, how the hell do you even lose a tank at all?
PAGES (20)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS