Login

russian armor

SOV vs OKW - Post July 22nd Patch

23 Jul 2014, 22:56 PM

Hey guys, I'd like to ask for feedback on a game I lost earlier against OKW. I'm pretty frustrated with the munitions income change, which seems to have resulted in the OKW player being able to stay in the game without any fuel at all (or after wasting his fuel units, as in this replay). Grenades are cheap enough to push back infantry every cool down, and panzershrecks are effective enough to serve as primary AT for a 40 minute game. I wrote more about the game in the replay description.

Thanks in advance!

24 Jul 2014, 00:44 AM
24 Jul 2014, 13:28 PM

Hmm, anyone have any ideas why my replay isn't being processed by the coh2.org service? The replay file's working fine on my PC, so I assume it's not that there's been another patch since I uploaded.
24 Jul 2014, 17:50 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

They're working on getting the parser fixed, for now it's mostly working but player names and replay length seem to be broken.
24 Jul 2014, 19:05 PM

First of all, I hate Crossing the Woods against OKW. I'll recommend to veto that map.

I usually play 2vs2, and the build order that has given me the best results against OKW is that:

Conscripts -> T1 -> Penal+M3+Penal+Sniper+Sniper -> T2 -> ZiS+Maxim+(ZiS or Shocks)
You will need good micro with the M3 and you have to lure your enemy's first Flak HT or Puma to your ZiS. Upgrade flamethrowers to all penals en engie too.

If you succefully destroyed his first vehicles you can try to go T3. If not, make at least two ZiS and go for the T34/85 call-in.
24 Jul 2014, 19:08 PM

OKW find T1, snipers especially, very difficult to deal with.
24 Jul 2014, 19:25 PM

OKW find T1, snipers especially, very difficult to deal with.

To add up, penals/engies (w flamers) inside M3 can kill retreating Sturmpios and Volks squads. That is a great blow for a OKW player to come back.

Don't charge against full health Sturmpios squads, chip their health from afar and then get close to finish them off with the flamer.
24 Jul 2014, 19:57 PM

You want do win vs OKW? Go for abuse tactics .... spams of all kind (M3, Sniper, Maxims ...)as openings and then Shocks .... an early T34, or KV-8 some incendary arty and his At-should be gone .....
26 Jul 2014, 00:25 AM
Patrion 310

Maxim spam.

Abuse all the way..

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak