Login

russian armor

Jaeger Infantry Effectiveness

23 Jul 2014, 20:45 PM

I'm considering purchasing the Scavenge Doctrine for OKW, but before I do I would like to know a little more about the performance of the Jaeger Infantry squads. How strong are they overall? Do they justify the cost (similar to Sturms for 4 men, as I understand)? I've heard that they have G43s, but is that the whole squad or just a couple? What is the main battlefield use for them: long range DPS or just 'harrassing supply points' as the doctrine summary says? I would really appreciate it if someone who has experience with the Scavenge Doctrine could answer.
23 Jul 2014, 20:56 PM

well they are on close range better than on long range.
23 Jul 2014, 22:34 PM

all units have higher dps at close range but due to the small squad size youll want them to be shooting at a distance. use them similarly to pathfinders, use volks to form the main firing line with jaeger light infantry to back them up. use the sprint ability to quickly flank into close quarters if you need to take out an MG using their high close range dps or to reposition to better cover. i just wish they had the infiltration tactics grenade assault
24 Jul 2014, 05:25 AM

oh they're great! I think my favorite infantry.

I believe they overpower falchers in anti infantry role, but prefer long range more than them.

They get a cute booby-trap point ability for 50 munitions that I did not get to use but I might now since the munition change

They get the sprint ability that helps them to engage on their terms

they have increased vision size from the getgo (like vet4? volks) Probably my favorite thing!

The lack of any grenade ability is a huge bummer.

They get stealth in cover at Vet3? but have no hold fire which is weird.. mainly used to salvage vehicles in enemy territory.

oh and they are absolute terror to infantry when you put them inside houses.

as a side note... Ostwin is crazy good tank to have along side OKW's kit.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 45
Germany 8
unknown 6
unknown 4
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L