Login

russian armor

Lags / Freezes / Sync errors

23 Jul 2014, 14:45 PM

Heya,

I've received a few messages from people telling me the game is more laggy now and/or that they received sync errors. I as well had a game earlier where it was almost as much frozen as running, yet my connection was fine.

I'd like to know if anyone noticed a similar problem since the recent patch. If you had problems prior please do not state this, as I want to track down if their newest changes cause these problems.

Thank you!
24 Jul 2014, 07:11 AM

just before WFA i didnt experience any more lags at the very start of a game, as well as freezes or sync errors.

After WFA release i had about 15 sync errors, a few ultra lags at the start of a game (like they also appeared in the vanilla coh2 before the battle servers or so) an also a few complete freezes (not even camera movement possible) forcing me to terminate the game if it didnt by itself.

what annoys me the most are the sync errors since they mostly appear after a long game when i am winning and i am writing this just after i got a crash-to-desktop (after the match results show) in exactly the said way.

i never experience the game to be lagging when its past the said start-lag or to run slower than before WFA.

i want to make clear that these problems did occur following the WFA release not just after the recent patch.
24 Jul 2014, 07:30 AM

Yep, ever since the new patch hit I've been suffering more and more performance issues dating back to WFA's launch. First it was generally slightly worse performance but yesterday really pissed me off. Some of games performed so badly that it was a pain to continue playing. In numerous of those games, I experienced a very high frequency of mini-stutters which extremely interfere with one's ability to play the game.

My Internet connection was fine so it was not battle server-related to my knowledge. My RAM was being capped out at 7GB when I checked but that was fine since I have 12 in my system. CPU was at 100% but that's always been the case when streaming and playing on max settings. The annoying thing is, it doesn't appear to be my frame rate suffering but rather these consistent mini-stutters which kind of ruin the whole experience for me.

Anyone else noticed similar consequences of the latest patch?
24 Jul 2014, 07:32 AM

The problems for me started with WFA but I think it has something to do with the network connection.

It happens a lot more for me when on WiFi then when connected via RJ45 cable to my router.

I do however not measure any difference in my WiFi performance since WFA came out :p
24 Jul 2014, 07:50 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jul 2014, 07:32 AMarmatak
The problems for me started with WFA but I think it has something to do with the network connection.

It happens a lot more for me when on WiFi then when connected via RJ45 cable to my router.

I do however not measure any difference in my WiFi performance since WFA came out :p

Not sure that's the case since I am physically connected to my router via cable but knowing Relic, who knows!?
24 Jul 2014, 08:23 AM

Yup since WFA hit, battleservers have hitched, lagged, and frozen only to speed up litterally to catch up. In addition to sync errors that have dropped me out of the game. Its been.. great.
24 Jul 2014, 09:20 AM

Marvelous :D
24 Jul 2014, 09:25 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jul 2014, 08:23 AMRogers
Yup since WFA hit, battle servers have hitched, lagged, and frozen only to speed up litterally to catch up. In addition to sync errors that have dropped me out of the game. Its been.. great.

Same here.
Specially the freezes - speed up to catch up and lose 9/10th of your units is super.
I heard a lot of complaints about this, hopefully relic addresses this in the near future.
24 Jul 2014, 09:26 AM
Senior Strategist Badge

WFA made my game very unstable, CoH2 just crashes after every three games, very frustrating and stops me from playin the game competitively.
24 Jul 2014, 09:30 AM

For me. patch before WFA drops, WFA fine completely gone patch after that drops again. thus patch has significantly reduced them for me
24 Jul 2014, 09:47 AM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

Sometimes ToW missions seem to freeze. You can move the camera & chat during this freeze. Sometimes it manages to catch up and keep playing but for the most of the time the mission ends in a loss.
24 Jul 2014, 10:22 AM

Problems like 10 minutes loading and after it dropping from the game have started to happened since WFA. I've change graphics to the minimum and disabled replays, it's more playable, but still sometimes I experience freezes or lags.
24 Jul 2014, 10:31 AM

Relic HAS TO to fix this as soon as possible. Plz no more patches before the game is back to where it was before WFA.
24 Jul 2014, 10:39 AM

Had issues too, didn't have them much in VCoH2 and very few in WFA Alpha either, but whatever they did between the end of Alpha and the start of WFA Launch has just made the game really unstable and buggy. I've read in places that it's actually unplayable for some people now.
24 Jul 2014, 14:38 PM
Senior Caster Badge

I haven't played a ton since the patch, but yes, both before and after I've had lots of issues, mostly with loading in to the game like 30 seconds after it actually started and my opponent already has six bunkers built on all the cutoff points and I'm screwed.
24 Jul 2014, 14:49 PM

Replays freeze and you are complaining about games?

The issue is present since WFA alpha.
It was reported back then, it was ignored after sloppy dev response.

There is a thread on official forums where Cyntia have said that she informed higher ups of this obvious, reported multiple times since WFA day 1 issue.
24 Jul 2014, 14:51 PM
Patrion 310

When the new patch came out I think it was the 22/23 of July I got connection error - 4. I tried everything - reinstalled, reboot, etc.
What helped was turning my firewall off - starting coh2 - then turning the firewall on again. Performance is significantly worse now - hope it will be fixed.
24 Jul 2014, 15:24 PM

I wish i had only lags and a few freezes.

My games crashed in 95% of all matches i Play between 10-30 minutes.

The game is absolutely unplayable for me now.there are crashes after crashes after crashes.Since WFA came out i tried it very often, reinstall the game etc..... but i only managed to Play 5% of the matches to end without a Crash all other matches crashes completely down and i am back to Windows with a bugsplat message.

All this happened since WFA came out.

Relic will never fix this.

My crashes and bugs in this game are extreme. CoH2 is the only game where all These extreme crashes happen.
24 Jul 2014, 18:57 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jul 2014, 15:24 PMAffe
I wish i had only lags and a few freezes.

My games crashed in 95% of all matches i Play between 10-30 minutes.

The game is absolutely unplayable for me now.there are crashes after crashes after crashes.Since WFA came out i tried it very often, reinstall the game etc..... but i only managed to Play 5% of the matches to end without a Crash all other matches crashes completely down and i am back to Windows with a bugsplat message.

All this happened since WFA came out.

Relic will never fix this.

My crashes and bugs in this game are extreme. CoH2 is the only game where all These extreme crashes happen.

Try to get a refund.
24 Jul 2014, 19:16 PM

i correct myself: since the lates patch now 100% of my matches crashes. Now they Crash also even in the loading Screen too sometimes.

i have also send 10000 bug reports to relic: No answer........

I dont know what relic did but with the WFA my game is completely fucked up. Only the old CoH2 vanilla worked fine for my Computer.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★