Login

russian armor

How to deal with OP vet riflemen BS commander

22 Jul 2014, 20:26 PM

Hey guy

Im seriously pissed about this commander (and now temporary free for all ...). How OKW can deal in early against these OP vet riflemen then Easy8 spam. Even MG are useless and rapidly flanked and die ... Serioulsy Relic. OKW have the shittiest early against regulare unit and its a real struggle to fight until the puma goes out. But against this, the game is barely fucking unplayable.

Adapt, yeah, but with ? Flak HT opener (LOL), Triple MGS ? Kubel ? (relol).

I fell really disapointed about this broken BS. >:(

23 Jul 2014, 00:35 AM

Got a replay?

EDIT - Just saw the changelog. Rifle Company wasn't *that* bad before, now its eminently beatable. Just don't expect a sturmpio squad to YOLO into two rifle squads with a cover advantage and come out on top. You'll be fine.
23 Jul 2014, 15:14 PM

I have found that keeping a volks at a distance consistently shooting the rifles and then moving with 2sturms on more close quarter maps that they work well together and just wreck those vet rifles, if its a more open map go a OKW field gun with some units getting line of sight, that gun can wreck before the rifles get in close enough, especially with a officer.
23 Jul 2014, 16:30 PM

Field gun works pretty good with kubel or fusiliers (jaeger light inf too i think, but i donth have commander) due to them providing line of sight. But u will never really repell riflemen blob with field gun alone. But if u can get in cover, field gun can shift the firefight in your favor. There are talks of nerfing riflemen long-range dmg making them mid range powerhouse infantry, which would help their identity now, that they are too good at all ranges. I would rather prefer BAR and LMG upgrade being toned down slightly.
24 Jul 2014, 18:30 PM
Donator 11

Füsiliere do very well vs Rifles even with vet and flamer, just keep them alive to earn veterancy and keep them onto mid to long range

make use of the sturmoffizier ability to force single enemy squads to retreat (with the most vet, the most HP, etc)

and ye, Flak HT is a pretty good counter, you just have to support it with AT (Volx with schrecks are a good support)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 30
Germany 744
unknown 19
Germany 1
unknown 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L