Login

russian armor

Lighting War doctrine.

22 Jul 2014, 13:24 PM

Just want to know how many of you use the lightning war doctrine in game. I can't find much use for it other than the G43 and tiger. If you like it, care to share how you use it?
22 Jul 2014, 13:45 PM

Well, its used pretty much like elite troops except you can have more then one tiger.

SCAS is pretty meh ability, but I've had some success with it before.
Tactical Maneuvers is quite nice if you have pgrens or even for G43 grens for quick flanks.

Pretty much only relief infantry is really bad in the doctrine, other then that its a solid choice that comes down to your own preferences when it comes to commander.
22 Jul 2014, 14:02 PM

I use it by not using it...

I use Assault Support and Spearhead instead.
22 Jul 2014, 14:04 PM

We think alike my friend. I mostly use spearhead as well.
22 Jul 2014, 14:15 PM

I think this is the same for most people. For me a lot of it comes down to the fact that G43s are lackluster when compared to LMG42.
22 Jul 2014, 14:20 PM

I find G43s good vs US but I have no idea why anybody would pay 120 munis for ostruppen.
22 Jul 2014, 14:27 PM

I've had a lot of success with SCAS. Especially when facing Jacksons. It's a really good ability, but bested used when assaulting with a Tiger, other armor/army. Ive had it take out SU-85s KVs, Jacksons, shermans.

Although I can seem to determine whats better G43s or LMGs.
22 Jul 2014, 16:51 PM

Moving from Cover to cover and moble flanks g43.wins
Staionary defence. /raw fire power lmg wins
22 Jul 2014, 17:16 PM

I found the doctrine very useful against US (but only use it in 1vs1). G43 is weaker than LMG ofcourse but this way two troopers have G43 making them much more effective at range against riflemen at any range while LMG is wielded by only one trooper and can be used only while standing still.

Tactical movement is costly but can be a life saver when some of the grenadiers or MG are far away from the conflict and can be used to make panzergrenadiers catch up tanks as well.

Tiger tank.

Relief infantry is useless, and I've never used stuka since I always used ammo on other things.
22 Jul 2014, 17:20 PM

Well, as OH, it's one of my favourites and I use it in many games.
You said the magic words: G43 adn Tiger. And let's not forget the Stuka close support. That thing it's sometimes amazing against tanks. To whoever says relief infantry it's useless find out that I won some games BECAUSE using relief infantry that this doctrine provides. The ability comes exactly at time, when you need more units on the field to recrew and to capture. Not only the "terminator squads" as Sturmpio or Shocks or whatever are usefull. Even these troops, used properly at the right time can cklear your path to victory.
22 Jul 2014, 17:30 PM

I love this doctrine! G43s rule and the multiple Tigers are very useful! The Stuka close air support could do with being cheaper but it's great at finishing off tanks that just got away from your tiger or AT and you can't pursue.
22 Jul 2014, 17:50 PM

like slurpee said, stuka close air support is actually quite strong. i think most players under estimate it. its a little unimpressive now compared to the american rocket strafe, but still good. unlike the il-2, it wont kill units outright. for that reason, its best to use it while youre attacking with your tiger. the strafe will do a good amount of damage to multiple tanks, then its just matter of finishing them off with the tiger.
22 Jul 2014, 23:09 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

It used to had better moments of glory. It was my first option against sniper spam. While i still have it as an viable commander, i generally find that i can rather use other commanders (Assault support, mechanized or spearhead).

Relief: if you float a bit muni and you want to trade it for some mp force.
Tactical movement: used it to either make a big flank in general, maxims or to chase down snipers.
Stuka close air support: it can give you a precious edge on tank battles.

23 Jul 2014, 05:01 AM

The Relief Infantry some of you said it can be used call in the Osttruppen / Hilfswillige (Hiwi) to recrew weapons but somehow saving up for the SCAS or getting more G43s seem to be much better. I'd rather bring a halftrack along to reinforce my pios after recrewing anyway. So, is it really worth it just to use the ability considering that for 120mu you only get 2 squads that are worth for recrewing stuff?

23 Jul 2014, 20:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jul 2014, 13:45 PMKatitof

Pretty much only relief infantry is really bad in the doctrine, other then that its a solid choice that comes down to your own preferences when it comes to commander.

relief infantry is underrated.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 43
United Kingdom 2
Germany 31

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %