Login

russian armor

War Spoils - Let's talk.

24 Jul 2014, 10:57 AM

Reference

It's not about having everything unlocked, but knowing if the system works. Assume that you had everthing unlocked prior to WFA, then you'd have roughly 50 new things to unlock. This would make the chance to unlock something of those really small, so you might play 100 games without unlocking something (and at that point people usually go to the forums and complain it's not working). If you unlocked more, the chances are even smaller. I think I calculated it once that for the last few items you need roughly 500 games each.

Duplicates allow people to see the system is working (or well.. would've had it been known earlier that duplicates are fine) and makes it easier to add features for them later on.

Reference

Then don't freaking buy them. Honestly, you just want to complain, right?

In another thread you complain about DLC commanders now being unlockable simply by playing, making you feel like you've been scammed. Here you complain about the exact opposite, that commanders you do not have, but are available for drops will now be able to be bought.
Either the drop rate is so high, you do not need to buy them (then stop complaining about the DLC, nobody forces you to buy any) or the rate is so low, that your earlier complaint is invalid. I know that not everyone is happy with every solution, but if people contradict themselves? That's when it starts to be really annoying.

24 Jul 2014, 11:42 AM

"Milka" you are twisting my words in your post. That is not what i sad!

And yeh, you got me Milka, i just want to compain (if i dont have anything better to do).

It just sad to see that the DLCs cost more (the commanders are on sale thats why they cost 3 euros) than the actuall game.
Imagine that: I am a new player and i just bought WFA (with only 3 commanders per faction) and then i see that for getting 3 more per faction a have to pay almost the same price? WTF.
And in generall, how could i convince a friend who has not COH2, to buy it. He will go to steam and see that the DLCs cost more than the game, again WTF????

I dont now about you but i dont like getting fooled or tricked in do doing stuff.
And FYI, i will cerainly not buy them, i try the War spoils this time (because i have bought many of them because i wanted to suppotr Relic, but i have to draw a line somewhere). Doesnt you logic get bothered by that fact? No? 20Euros for WFA and 24 (without discount) for Extras? Then we disagree!

It is very sad to see that they can do anything they want and everybody is accepting it!!! I am not one of them, i have a mind on my own and i know i cant do much but atleast a go down fighting!

P.S. I wrote the post in this thread because i didnt want to make a new one where you and others would pound me down because i have i different opinion then you and others.
Sorry for having a differnt opinion than you but as i sad, i want let anyone to make a fool out of me.

To the community: If you are having a different opinion than others, dont call them names, just say maybe " i agree to disagree with you dir friend".

And to talk with your logic!
What does that mean "you dont have to buy them all"???? What if i like them All? What is the purpose of them??? Just shut up and give the Money i guess, right??

24 Jul 2014, 12:57 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

^ ^

i agree to disagree with you dir friend. :)
24 Jul 2014, 13:08 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Base Game: £30 (I think)

DCE: £30

TOW: £15

Commanders: £15

WFA: £15

Western Commanders: £18

= £123, more or less

1326 hours played

= 10p per hour

Can't get upset about that

24 Jul 2014, 13:33 PM

^ ^

i agree to disagree with you dir friend. :)

:D i accept that my friend!!!

Van Voort, you have a logic there and i cant argue with that.
But i will say this, your logic tends to get in every aspect of our lifes. A few years ago, you bought something and you had it for all your life. Now you buy something and it feels like renting it or paying it with small paymeds with your Visa.
Like TV, first it was free, then it came with advertising, then it was payed without advertising and now ist payed but still has advertising. What i tryimg to say is that the companys keep making stuff up, not just to support the game (as the most of you will say) but to keep you to give them constantly money. I know, that is the real world and i try to understand that or better to accept that but if this tactic is getting crazy then i cant help it, my mind says "please stop".

It is mindblowing (in my head) that you get TWO FULL FACTIONS with 6 Commanders and multiplayergames vs TWO other FACTIONS(that is a lot of Stuff) and then you can get only 6 Commanders for the same price. I lost the logic to that.

Dont get my wrong again guys, i am supporing the game (ffs i bought almost everything they had to offer), i love the game but i try not to let me kick in the nuts.

I like the fact that you can get that with the war spoils, i accept that many of you want to buy them, i accept that Relic put them in the Store but i want accept the freaking price.
All of us payed about 30-50 eurofor the game that includes over 100 Units, campain, TOW, Multiplayer and many commanders and then for 5 Units/abilitys 3-4 Euros.

And to make you feel better, i want say anything again about that. i think i expressed my opinion enough.
Thanks for reading and sorry if i am upseting you!

24 Jul 2014, 13:53 PM

Just as a hint for the future - ask American friends to buy you the games or commanders. WFA is 20€ or 20$, so ~25% less expensive in the US.
http://www.steamprices.com/de/sub/40569/company-of-heroes-2-the-western-front-armies

I mostly wanted to point out that I feel your arguments contradict another. Since I like logic I assume both posts are serious and the contradiction leaves the fact you just want to complain as the most likely reason. :p
24 Jul 2014, 14:30 PM

For me it's been
$70 - CoH2 Vanilla
$3 - Urban Defense Commander (Sale)
$3 - Mechanized Assault Commander (Sale)
$11.50 - Oberkommando West (25% discount on GMG)

All up $87.50 for a game I've been playing pretty solidly for the past year+

Just buy what you want, and ignore the rest. I have no desire to get more commanders for OKW, I find I've still got oodles more to discover and refine using the three that came with it. Hell, I haven't so much as used the Luftwaffe Ground Forces doctrine in weeks.
24 Jul 2014, 14:52 PM

Just as a hint for the future - ask American friends to buy you the games or commanders. WFA is 20€ or 20$, so ~25% less expensive in the US.
http://www.steamprices.com/de/sub/40569/company-of-heroes-2-the-western-front-armies

I mostly wanted to point out that I feel your arguments contradict another. Since I like logic I assume both posts are serious and the contradiction leaves the fact you just want to complain as the most likely reason. :p

I guess is me against you Milka (j\k :D).

I'm not complaining just to complain, i am not a woman :D (sorry girls :p).

My last 2 cents on this.

I'm feeling like your Name, yes your Name Milka. I am the Cow, Relic wants my Milk. I don't have a problem giving them my milk (i already done this plenty of times) i want to keep continue to give them my milk but they ask to much for to little. That's how i see it!!!

And for the Tip about a friend in the US, i sadly don't have one there, thanks anyway!
24 Jul 2014, 15:01 PM

For a new players (like myself) there is an issue with the unlockable vanilla commanders The issue is that you can only get them from warspoils (thats a really low chance if you want a specific commander), and vanilla players got this for free trough leveling unlock, and now the new players only get from RNG god if they lucky.
Relic should put them into the shop, new players should have access for it. Please Relic put them into the shop, or make more accessible (like leveling unlock again). Thanks
24 Jul 2014, 15:04 PM
Honorary Member Badge

pretty much all of the dlc commanders are in the shop but they are a bit hard to get to. they can be found much easier via the in game menu.
24 Jul 2014, 15:04 PM

few fun math facts:

assuming there are 100 war spoils to be obtained, it would take an average of around 518 drops to collect all of em at least once (and of course it would take about 518 times the amount of time to earn a single drop).

the chance of acquiring all drops without a single duplicate is approx. 9.3*10^(-43), or roughly the equivalent of getting hit by more than 7 lightning strikes on a single individual over a timespan of a year.

i like maths :-)
24 Jul 2014, 15:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jul 2014, 15:01 PMAuryt
For a new players (like myself) there is an issue with the unlockable vanilla commanders The issue is that you can only get them from warspoils (thats a really low chance if you want a specific commander), and vanilla players got this for free trough leveling unlock, and now the new players only get from RNG god if they lucky.
Relic should put them into the shop, new players should have access for it. Please Relic put them into the shop, or make more accessible (like leveling unlock again). Thanks

Never thought about that issue, that is quite valid.
24 Jul 2014, 15:38 PM

There is no specific time frame on releasing skins for sale, but this is not the first comment I've seen asking about it. I've let the dev team know there are requests/interest in being able to purchase those as well.

Thank you so much ! I've invested a solid chunk of time in the game since the WFA release and haven't got the single skin drop to date. I don't want to be the only girl on the dance floor wearing the old fashioned grandma's dress while all the other girls are dressed in groovy colors :X

it somehow makes me feel less special even tho' I'm a superior dancer :))

24 Jul 2014, 17:16 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jul 2014, 15:04 PMcr4wler
few fun math facts:

assuming there are 100 war spoils to be obtained, it would take an average of around 518 drops to collect all of em at least once (and of course it would take about 518 times the amount of time to earn a single drop).

the chance of acquiring all drops without a single duplicate is approx. 9.3*10^(-43), or roughly the equivalent of getting hit by more than 7 lightning strikes on a single individual over a timespan of a year.

i like maths :-)

okay, the 9.3*10^(-43) was easy
but how did you make the first calculation? i only got complete bullshit with my c++ code...

from my experience drops happen every 3 hours approximately, so you would need around 1500 hours of gameplay to get everything.
but i doubt, that its only 100 warspoils. i would rather guess 400 or so....
24 Jul 2014, 22:19 PM

It's not about having everything unlocked, but knowing if the system works. Assume that you had everthing unlocked prior to WFA, then you'd have roughly 50 new things to unlock. This would make the chance to unlock something of those really small, so you might play 100 games without unlocking something (and at that point people usually go to the forums and complain it's not working). If you unlocked more, the chances are even smaller. I think I calculated it once that for the last few items you need roughly 500 games each.

Duplicates allow people to see the system is working (or well.. would've had it been known earlier that duplicates are fine) and makes it easier to add features for them later on.

So kind of curious is the system like this?

Assume that only possible drops are bulletin A,B,C,D, and E
50% you get nothing
10% you get bulletin A
10% you get bulletin B
10% you get bulletin C
10% you get bulletin D
10% you get bulletin E

so if you have bulletin A,B,C,D chance of you are going to receive another drop is 10% if duplicate system does not exist. However, if you have duplicate system then chance of receiving drop will be 50%.

Is this your explanation of our current system?

I thought it was more like
you have x% chance of winning drop
and each drop has chance of being bulletin, commander, skins, faceplates, and the likelyhood of epic and rare is lower than uncommon and common.

so it will be more like
chance of winning a drop=>chance of getting what kind of drops (are you gonna get winter skin, are you gonna get joint operation commander, etc)

so in this case not allowing duplicate will not lower your chance of getting drops.

I want to know what kind of system we are in.
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 98
Germany 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak