Login

russian armor

War Spoils - Let's talk.

22 Jul 2014, 14:57 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jul 2014, 14:49 PMBurts
This community is a giant piece of shit. Seriously. A bunch of spoiled brats. Fuck you guys..

You should not use that language young man, i will tell your parents.

Siriusly, grow up!

P.S. We ont know on which side you are, so everybody should go and f.. him self?
22 Jul 2014, 15:00 PM

Cynthia or Noun, please can you answer the following questions. If you can't then can you just assure us you'll pass it on or talk about it later... It's frustrating seeing the silence or them being passed over.

• What is the intention for duplicates?
  • How long must we wait for duplicates to have value?
  • What about the leveling system, and content that used to be tied to it?
  • Is the leveling system now redundant?
  • Why is content that was free on progression now tied to a randomised loot system with paid for content?
  • What is the estimated "loot treadmill" length? Should it be possible to get all content?
  • Why is there no way to earn any of the content, through achievements as well as war spoils?
  • How does the War Spoils system work? (Exactly?)
  • What about AFK farmers?
  • Are you planning to do any events ala Mass Effect 3 that reward players with permanent items (special skins, commanders, etc)

At the moment, there is no progression whatsoever in COH2. Every game you play where you don't get war spoils rewards you with... nothing. Diablo 3 has paragon levels. LoL (a goddamn free to play game) has runes and leagues and such. In COH2 its useless.

This post was a good step, but its a month after release. These concerns have been present since my first day in the alpha.

Duplicates exist so you don't get everything you can unlock in 5 days. If you, for example, have all the vanilla CoH2 content, and duplicates didn't exist, you'd get all the unlockable WFA items in a few days.
22 Jul 2014, 15:01 PM
Patrion 310

Are the commanders only for purchase the 23 of july?
22 Jul 2014, 15:01 PM

Its like buying a car and for some extras latter on you have to pay for them more as for the car it self.
When will this stop?

What kind of horrible, tyrannous country do you live in, where you need to pay for tunning of your car?

Everywhere in the world you can get your tunning for free! :loco:

That logic couldn't be even more flawed at all.
22 Jul 2014, 15:06 PM
Patrion 14

Duplicates exist so you don't get everything you can unlock in 5 days. If you, for example, have all the vanilla CoH2 content, and duplicates didn't exist, you'd get all the unlockable WFA items in a few days.

If you properly read my post, you clearly see I don't ask for removal of duplicates or why they exist. I ask what the intention for them is (and I know there are intentions) and when they will be a reality.

The system at the moment is 0 value, and will continue to be for people with 3+ copies of a single object. I am sure that is not working as intended.

They are very fair, simple questions based on observations made of today's blog.

I think its a fantastic step to offer them for sale, even if I disagree with the premise (the original races had at least 6 commanders themselves BEFORE paid DLC made it in).
22 Jul 2014, 15:08 PM

Actually it would be just like the original system. We would unlock things bit by bit, over a series of weeks/months (depending on how often people play). There is plenty of extra bulletins, etc for the add-on to mean it will take more than 5 days to unlock it all.

If they wanted it to happen more slowly they could link items to certain progress levels. Or better yet they could have simply kept the original system - especially as that actually had a built in anti-farming system, as it was linked to progress, which is generated by XP rather than time.

Basically to fix all of this and still provide the free content, which they claim to want to give us, all they need to do is re-introduce the old system.

22 Jul 2014, 15:15 PM

You should not use that language young man, i will tell your parents.

Siriusly, grow up!

P.S. We ont know on which side you are, so everybody should go and f.. him self?

I am amazed by some people here. They complain about p2w then about warspoils and then about dlc again.
22 Jul 2014, 15:20 PM

22 Jul 2014, 15:25 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jul 2014, 15:01 PMKatitof

What kind of horrible, tyrannous country do you live in, where you need to pay for tunning of your car?

Everywhere in the world you can get your tunning for free! :loco:

That logic couldn't be even more flawed at all.

In the same country where you can buy DLC that cost more then the actual game.

I guess NAPALM says it All !
22 Jul 2014, 15:43 PM
Donator 11

I like the new system, but I can't help but wonder, was this their plan all along? Bait and switch?
22 Jul 2014, 15:50 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

Hi Cynthia_RE and welcome to coh2.org! You are the bearer of good news. Relic's response is exactly the type of response that we were hoping for.

I assume you are @ObiCynKenobi on twitter? I've been following you for a while :)
1 of 6 Relic postsRelic 22 Jul 2014, 16:19 PM

• What is the intention for duplicates?
  • How long must we wait for duplicates to have value?
  • What about the leveling system, and content that used to be tied to it?
  • Is the leveling system now redundant?
  • Why is content that was free on progression now tied to a randomised loot system with paid for content?
  • What is the estimated "loot treadmill" length? Should it be possible to get all content?
  • Why is there no way to earn any of the content, through achievements as well as war spoils?
  • How does the War Spoils system work? (Exactly?)
  • What about AFK farmers?
  • Are you planning to do any events ala Mass Effect 3 that reward players with permanent items (special skins, commanders, etc)

• Duplicates currently serve the purpose of letting people know they have a drop. We have a limited amount of content and if you didn't get duplicates you may go days, weeks or more without actually getting a War Spoils drop. That would be even more frustrating than the duplicate situation, since you wouldn't know if you were doing the right things or not.

As we add more content into the system there will be less duplicates. And as we said we're working to develop the system so that duplicates are useful and have value.

You mention the Alpha and I think that's a good point, especially when we're talking duplicates. Originally War Spoils many items were going to be timed items, so you'd get a Commander that would last say 3 days. The intention was that with duplicates you'd be able to recharge your items. So if you had a Commander with 5 hours left you'd use that duplicate faceplate to add an extra 12 hours.

The feedback in the Alpha was strongly against timed items for War Spoils, and we responded which left us in the current situation where there are duplicates but they (currently) do not have a point. As we improve the system they will again, and it'll be a better point than just recharging items.

• We'll let you know closer to that point.

• You were given that content. We granted all our existing users as of June 23 every piece of legacy progression system content as a goodwill measure.

• Yes.

• You were given that content.

• It may be possible for some people, it may not be possible for others. However it shouldn't be possible to do it in a month.

• No.

• You play the game (except campaign) and when you've played for X amount of time you get randomized content. What army you're playing increases the chance of that army's content dropping.

• This is meant for rewarding players for the behavior they exhibited before the War Spoils system was introduced, playing the game. If people want to spend their time trying to get around that, then that's up to them. It's much more fun to play the game, but hey, whatever.

• You never know.
22 Jul 2014, 16:31 PM

finally ! good news !
22 Jul 2014, 16:37 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jul 2014, 16:19 PMNoun

• Duplicates currently serve the purpose of letting people know they have a drop. We have a limited amount of content and if you didn't get duplicates you may go days, weeks or more without actually getting a War Spoils drop. That would be even more frustrating than the duplicate situation, since you wouldn't know if you were doing the right things or not.

As we add more content into the system there will be less duplicates. And as we said we're working to develop the system so that duplicates are useful and have value.

You mention the Alpha and I think that's a good point, especially when we're talking duplicates. Originally War Spoils many items were going to be timed items, so you'd get a Commander that would last say 3 days. The intention was that with duplicates you'd be able to recharge your items. So if you had a Commander with 5 hours left you'd use that duplicate faceplate to add an extra 12 hours.

The feedback in the Alpha was strongly against timed items for War Spoils, and we responded which left us in the current situation where there are duplicates but they (currently) do not have a point. As we improve the system they will again, and it'll be a better point than just recharging items.

posting this with the introduction of war spoils would have helped A LOT!
22 Jul 2014, 16:42 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Thank you Cynthia

edit:

or Noun
2 of 6 Relic postsRelic 22 Jul 2014, 16:46 PM
Developer Relic Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jul 2014, 04:05 AMDanielD
Sort of unrelated to the actual topic, I wanted to compliment Cynthia (or whoever wrote it) on the blog post. A lot of game companies (and even sites like Forbes.com) post embarrassingly bad pieces of writing. This blog post was clear and concise, so well done.

Thank you. We did have several eyes on it, since it is such an important post.
22 Jul 2014, 16:55 PM

Thank you for finally explaining the reasoning for duplicates. As Spam.r33k wrote, I think a lot of this outrage could've been prevented if you had published it earlier. I know it's too late now and to dwell on the past is bad, but let me summarize the problem again so you might try to prevent it in the future.

• You release a system that is itself sound and good, offering the community DLC content for free - though at random. No explanation about the system is released when it activates.
  • People are unsure what gamemodes reward War Spoils
  • People play and notice they get duplicates, they start posting this on the forums
  • A blog post explaining war spoils is made, yet it does not tackle duplicates
  • People still think duplicates are a bug, basically that your system is not working and instead of a useful drop they received a duplicate. They start to compare duplicates on the forums and massively complain
  • Some posts are made, basically saying that everything is working as intended. Still no explanation about duplicates and people feel like it's just talk. They complain about duplicates and state they feel like Relic is making fun of them with it.
  • Duplicates and their (completely valid) reasoning finally get revealed.

I like that it's explained, I dislike that it took pretty much a month do do so. For the next time, please try to get that done earlier. If you want to have outsiders views if the explanations are good enough you know where you find people. A lot of people here really want to like Relic, but a lot of your actions make that really really hard ;)
22 Jul 2014, 17:02 PM
Senior Editor Badge

Thanks relic....

Wfa skins will be in the shop too?
22 Jul 2014, 17:57 PM

I believe that the anti-DLC commander whiners, some of which spend hours complaining, are mostly teenagers that want to preserve their weekly allowance dollars.

I like new commanders. I am willing to pay for said new commanders. I hope they add more commanders, which I will then buy. That money goes to pay Relic employees, who in turn make more commander or even better, more factions. It's a win-win for everybody except those who feel entitled to have everything for free.
22 Jul 2014, 18:24 PM

Many thanks for the additional information, Relic. That helps us to understand the situation a lot more.

Could you please confirm if 'uncommon' and 'rare' bulletins stack if they are both assigned? That's pretty much the only issue I'm not clear on.

Thanks.
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight